• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

petghost

Banned
Danger time is just a stupid thing that comes up every once in a while right? I figure if it was less trivial I'd hear more complaints about it.

Rhapsody

Banned
Oh come on, Danger Time might be bad, but it's nowhere near as awful as tripping.

Yeah. Tripping screws over one person randomly at the start. Danger Time, while unnecessary, turns things to high stakes for both players. Most Xrd players don't even really hate it that much. It's just one more thing to deal with.

Yeah, the fact that it only happens on a clash and it's random makes it way less shittier than tripping. Honestly, it happens so infrequently to me that I always forget that even exists.

Zissou

ah you think everythings annoying bruh, i literally kept posting for games in the xrd thread last year to nothing, so yea, i would be surprised that people on gaf are still playing. it's not heavily advertised whenever i lurk.

I think fighting game weekly (or whatever this thread is called now) effectively killed off OTs for most individual games. Smash OT is active, and SF4 might be (?), but otherwise, this is the OT for every other game now.

random = shit

my faust tho

I think fighting game weekly (or whatever this thread is called now) effectively killed off OTs for most individual games. Smash OT is active, and SF4 might be (?), but otherwise, this is the OT for every other game now.
Nah, SmashOT all moved to Discord, but it's very active there.

Maybe we should set up a Discord chat for FGW and the various individual fighters out there.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Do I have to pick up DOA now too since everyone is talking about it? I was looking through add-ons on the PSN store and I'm baffled some of the costumes that are up there.

Those who are thinking of an FC4, it was a great controller at first but now I have trouble inputting srk movement on the left side of the screen. Right side is fine. The right part of the d-pad has wear and is more soft even after two months of use. While a great controller I'm not sure if it's worth it if it wears out this fast. Another reason for me to move to stick.

You'll learn with time how to not push down so hard for your inputs. I went through 4 controllers in a year cause I kept on roughly pressing my buttons. Thoroughly fixed this by going into the lab and softly doing my inputs, so basically fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

ShinMaruku

Do I have to pick up DOA now too since everyone is talking about it? I was looking through add-ons on the PSN store and I'm baffled some of the costumes that are up there.
Game has around 900 costumes now, shipped with 400. Do the math, game makes more than any other fighting game on that dlc alone. :E

ShinMaruku

To be fair neither of those games have a team made just for spitting out stuff like Team Ninja does, they should because it would keep people working I don't think the culture at those companies allows for that.

To be fair neither of those games have a team made just for spitting out stuff like Team Ninja does, they should because it would keep people working I don't think the culture at those companies allows for that.
Well they aren't churning out Ninja Gaiden 4 because of it....

Nightii

Banned
A permanent team churning out minor content for Smash wouldn't work because Sakurai would refuse to let them handle it without him, and the man really needs a break already lol.

Zissou

Nah, SmashOT all moved to Discord, but it's very active there.

Maybe we should set up a Discord chat for FGW and the various individual fighters out there.

I dunno if further fragmentation of discussion places is a good thing. Also, I don't wanna imagine this thread with zero moderation o_O

Thanks!

I am going to mess with Jojo's later. Give me my list of potential mains.

A little late but if you like Jedah then maybe Shadow Dio or Kakyoin? Lots of bouncing around with long range pokes. They're much stronger than Jedah is as well.

Shadow Dio has cool unblockables after throws and Kaky has fucked up throw loops outside of their generally strong midrange pressure.

Personally I play Dio, Mariah, Khan and Devo. Devo is the most "stand"y of the whole cast, but he's super awkward to use. Khan is a troll character and Mariah is bottom tier since she needs a ton of setup but has a lot of Marvel-esque mixups once she gets going.

Dio is just the sweetest character in FG history but he has a high execution and learning curve. If you like being effective at every range and confirming into 30-second combos that end in time stopping, then he's your man.

We are getting Ni-Oh so that's fine.

After NG3 Hayashit needs to gain back some good will in the genre before attempting it again.
Well true I feel we've been missing out on the NG franchise for a long time. At this point if Hayashi has learned from his mistakes, they should just reboot NG franchise and start over. The "story" or setting or whatever is so convoluted and dumb, just go back to basics.. Itagaki is never coming back to the franchise is the reality at this point.

It's truly sad that DMC might be the last remaining action game pillar (don't think we'll see Bayonetta 3). Ni-Oh may have some promise though...

A permanent team churning out minor content for Smash wouldn't work because Sakurai would refuse to let them handle it without him, and the man really needs a break already lol.
I think costume DLC would be fine without Sakurai watching over it.

I dunno if further fragmentation of discussion places is a good thing. Also, I don't wanna imagine this thread with zero moderation o_O
Not really fragmented discussion, just smoother discussion, and it allows easy communication during matches.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";191072300]A little late but if you like Jedah then maybe Shadow Dio or Kakyoin? Lots of bouncing around with long range pokes. They're much stronger than Jedah is as well.

Shadow Dio has cool unblockables after throws and Kaky has fucked up throw loops outside of their generally strong midrange pressure.

Personally I play Dio, Mariah, Khan and Devo. Devo is the most "stand"y of the whole cast, but he's super awkward to use. Khan is a troll character and Mariah is bottom tier since she needs a ton of setup but has a lot of Marvel-esque mixups once she gets going.

Dio is just the sweetest character in FG history but he has a high execution and learning curve. If you like being effective at every range and confirming into 30-second combos that end in time stopping, then he's your man.[/QUOTE]
Can they fly like Jedah?

I settled on Petshop unless someone can show me someone cooler.

ShinMaruku

I love how people call him Hayashit and still give Itagaki good sheift after Hayashi's been managing some pretty good games (Hyrule Warriors a bunch of Koei's cross over stuff, giving Shimabori good time to make DOA5 very good)

Woah. UNIEL has the coolest training mode option ever. A frame counter for how long you waited between button presses. :-O

I love how people call him Hayashit and still give Itagaki good sheift after Hayashi's been managing some pretty good games (Hyrule Warriors a bunch of Koei's cross over stuff, giving Shimabori good time to make DOA5 very good)
Is there an issue with collusion in DoA games? I noticed some folks doing Honoka and Marie Rose mirrors in Grand Finals, and I read that they're both considered low tier.

Also, those Ayane movement options are nuts. If I didn't have such a dislike for her, she would be the clear main.

Also, everyone seems to say Nyotengu is low tier. :-(

ShinMaruku

Is there an issue with collusion in DoA games? I noticed some folks doing Honoka and Marie Rose mirrors in Grand Finals, and I read that they're both considered low tier.

Also, those Ayane movement options are nuts. If I didn't have such a dislike for her, she would be the clear main.

Marie Rose is a top 8 character in the game she has all the tools to succeed. Honoka is not low tier either she's just hard to get a handle on with her transitions, both are viable for grand finals.

Well they aren't churning out Ninja Gaiden 4 because of it....

As somebody who thinks NGB is top 10 of all-time...anything that keeps them niggas away from that franchise is ok in my book. Aint got no idea what the fuck they doing with that franchise, they made like no progress since 2005. Hell, they've gone backwards.

Putting them inside a Dark Souls framework might be for the best. At least they know what to rip-off now.

Zissou

Not really fragmented discussion, just smoother discussion, and it allows easy communication during matches.

Just voicing that concern as it's kinda what's happening to dustloop. The Faust discord chat is awesome because you communicate more easily in real time, but it mostly killed Faust discussion elsewhere, which means if you want to find Faust information in English, you kind of have to find the discord group or you're out of luck (aside from the wiki, which nobody updates really). It sucks that there's no visible recorded version of the discussions for when new people want to learn stuff.

Just voicing that concern as it's kinda what's happening to dustloop. The Faust discord chat is awesome because you communicate more easily in real time, but it mostly killed Faust discussion elsewhere, which means if you want to find Faust information in English, you kind of have to find the discord group or you're out of luck (aside from the wiki, which nobody updates really). It sucks that there's no visible recorded version of the discussions for when new people want to learn stuff.
That's pretty specific, though. I'm just talking about having a room for each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom