• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of wonder what they're going to do with the Steam version, though. I can't see them doing just dumping the PC version on Steam as it. OK, they could but they would get a ton of shit for it as it has some really wonky stuff to it in the stock release, and it would be missing a bunch of niceties that people typically expect from PC games nowadays. The biggest issue would probably be the online functionality, as the matchmaking is completely broken (as in it doesn't work at all).

Frankly, I hope they integrate all of the cccaster changes into the Steam release, but something tells me that's highly unlikely. :\

I'm expecting them to make a working online for it, add a couple of pc settings and call it a day.

I am now feeling physical pain when watching this https://youtu.be/saop4h4apXU
Dogura earned that win. I'd be tight as fuck after all those successful run up grabs.
I kind of wonder what they're going to do with the Steam version, though. I can't see them doing just dumping the PC version on Steam as it. OK, they could but they would get a ton of shit for it as it has some really wonky stuff to it in the stock release, and it would be missing a bunch of niceties that people typically expect from PC games nowadays. The biggest issue would probably be the online functionality, as the matchmaking is completely broken (as in it doesn't work at all).

Frankly, I hope they integrate all of the cccaster changes into the Steam release, but something tells me that's highly unlikely. :\

It really is... but I always end up too distracted by the music games to play anything else. -_-
I want them to take a cue from Capcom and Lab Zero's efforts, but I'm expecting the worst.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So I was looking for a recent PVP game to play until SFV/UNIB/MBAACC came out and found this game called Blade Symphony. It's a 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3 sword fighting game that's currently on sale for $1. The gameplay looks really promising from the Steam trailers. Anyone played this game?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/225600

It's pretty cool. Plays like the old Jedi Knight games (minus the force powers).

Doesn't really play like a fighter though, so don't get it expecting that.

rookiejet

The heavens will only allow Alex Ahad to touch that. Really, if there is an anime fighter ASW shouldn't do it is definitely that one. It's gritty and super fluid style is not suited to ASW's clean and less energetic animation style.

mike z would make a balanced game too, but i want some arcsys crazy brokenness in there. it seems fitting to the show. so like arcsys should hire alex and make the game

Coda

Anyone been playing any Third Strike on Fightcade? Shit is so much fun. Still haven't found a way to use my 360 arcade stick on Mac though. So I'm just using a PS2 Saturn pad with a PC adapter.

mike z would make a balanced game too, but i want some arcsys crazy brokenness in there. it seems fitting to the show. so like arcsys should hire alex and make the game
SG is balanced much like Vsav in the sense that every character has near broken stuff to take advantage of, but Lab Zero has been forthcoming every patch of the way for years. That makes it much easier to take in. With ASW we just have to rack our brains and add intent and logic to the weirdest nonsense. I mostly got fed up with that lack of communication after UMvC3 and after seeing the run up grab nonsense with Sol I'm not in a rush to jump back in. That said, you must not have fought good Eliza, Robo Fortune and Fukua players. SG full of stupid crap that even I and the real top tier of SG hate. I nearly lost a lung when Duckator said voters made a mistake putting Eliza ahead of Annie. That mummy bitch is out of control with the overhead hitboxes, grab tech'ing skeleton and her DP.

Edit: We'd also lose GGPO with ASW. ASW will always lose their way when it comes to netcode.
Anyone been playing any Third Strike on Fightcade? Shit is so much fun. Still haven't found a way to use my 360 arcade stick on Mac though. So I'm just using a PS2 Saturn pad with a PC adapter.
I've been putting a lot of time into it. Just recently I decided to make Urien my secondary character since he has Aegis reflector and a projectile game. My Alex has improved by leaps and bounds just over the last couple of days thanks to fighting Beef though (God rest his soul). I hated it with a passion, but he plays a mean SF2 game despite being in the 3S room. That will make you realize how important it is to be patient and Alex demands that with his weak grabs, supers and mixup game.

Korigama

I nearly lost a lung when Duckator said voters made a mistake putting Eliza ahead of Annie. That mummy bitch is out of control with the overhead hitboxes, grab tech'ing skeleton and her DP.
I'm somewhat less salty about people not voting in Annie now that she'll be in Indivisible, but still not over the fact that they picked Beowulf over her. I admittedly haven't kept up with Skullgirls as of late, so I don't even know if all that many people even play him.

vocab

I was checking out jojos a bit like a week ago and looking up bnbs and God damn dio has some weird little execution stuff in his bnbs. Like negative edge a stand attack, dash in but cancel it then 2a, cancel another 2a with a walk. Kinda interesting actually.
When we playin?

I'm somewhat less salty about people not voting in Annie now that she'll be in Indivisible, but still not over the fact that they picked Beowulf over her. I admittedly haven't kept up with Skullgirls as of late, so I don't even know if all that many people even play him.
Team Starwolf was a thing. The meme potential with him and Annie was going to be the stuff of legends. It shows in his story mode lol. Annie's vote was just split because of Minnette. These things happen. Beowulf gets a lot more play than I expected, but it makes sense considering his tool set. He has AA capability (including a super), a bionic punch super, a projectile, a rushing command grab, pretty easy chains, some of the best armored moves in the game, and a stupid good short-hop overhead game that Sasquatch would be proud of. I'm almost more scared of him up close than I am of Eliza. He is probably the second best DLC character.

nothing makes me more irrationally salty than thinking about the fact that minette isn't in sg

So it's halfway random?

No. Knowing what comes next doesn't make it any less random. Unless you use random when you mean chaotic.

Can platinum get the same thing twice in a row? I dno much about bb but she seems more like a zappa than a Faust.

She can't. I've always thought she was more like Zappa than Faust

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I thought it was possible to get the same ghost twice in a row with Zappa?

Zappa doesn't have repeat prevention, yea. The two comments weren't related, at least, I didn't think they were. Platinum plays like Zappa regardless of not being able to repeat items.

I think they'll probably throw in working matchmaking, some more settings and call it a day.
It'd be nice if they put cccaster directly into it but yeah, that sounds unlikely. Though, I think I heard a while ago that they integrated some kind of fan-made netplay solution into one of Guilty Gear games on steam or something? I don't know, I'm probably mistaken.
At this point, I'm more worried about UNIEL's netcode. Really hoping they improve it for the port but I'm not holding my breath.

Last night I finally got around to trying all the new SG characters. I was pumped for Robo-Fortune until I discovered her beams don't knockdown, and are more like Iron Man beams. :-(

I think Painwheel probably still needs to stick with Double's flying butt slam assist for max utility. I could get rid of Parasoul, but I don't even know who I would want to replace her with. If only Peacock's assist wasn't nerfed, I'd run Peacock/Painwheel/Double.

Oh yeah, and FGW Discord chat; quote to reveal link:

Wallach

ya'll ready for PC SFV cheaters and dudes running the game with sub-recommend specs and PS4 players turning off crossplay

Yeah I have it on both platforms just in case. Though if Capcom doesn't fix their shit on the DirectInput front I may just refund the PC version.

Numb

I want this raining stage on XRD but i'm not ready to pay $7 for it and Leo :/
Atleast you didn't spend cash to get Sin when you could just unlock him
mjcry1.png
. Leo is a great get

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
KOF heads, I got one choice, 98 or 2002 on steam. which is the better game?

I prefer '98. Here's the thing though- if you're looking to play online, both were pretty much DOA. I've seen a few people on 2002 at least.

Rajang

ya'll ready for PC SFV cheaters and dudes running the game with sub-recommend specs and PS4 players turning off crossplay

lol

Funny thing is, during the beta I noticed more lag playing vs PC players. I had the same issue with Rocket League as well.

I'll be turning off crossplay day one.

I wonder when ASW will reveal Dizzy...if she isn't in the Revelator home console release, I will be very disappointed.

I want this raining stage on XRD but i'm not ready to pay $7 for it and Leo :/
I don't blame you.

Though if you want to play the easiest character in the game, Leo is there for you.

iirc they only knockdown when you use her level 3.
Laaaaame.

I also didn't know that you have to call Robo assist 4x to get the Hidden Missiles. Seems excessive.

I don't know. Zappa is more of a stance changer than an item user.
Yeah, it's like his full moveset. I can't see how Platinum is closer to him than Faust.

Zissou

No. Knowing what comes next doesn't make it any less random. Unless you use random when you mean chaotic.

It does fundamentally alter how the characters are played. If I do a combo with a mid-combo item toss using Faust, I need a dozen plans to account for each possible item. If someone jumps at me, I can't item toss knowing it will be a hammer thus allowing me to anti-air. It's fundamentally different.

Numb

Thought bj had a wrestling intro in the new EA then realized it's the actual wrestler
EA now going full hollywood i see with Xavier too. Waiting for Jamie Lee curtis now

Marz

I remember some of those Dlc vote SG character designs were really good. I dont really like Beowulf and the others, only one i thought was dope was Big Band.

NEO0MJ

and that's why the vote thing sucked :p

It's funny how with the money they got they could have finished the game like they intended but I doubt they could have gotten the money needed if the tiers were Umbrella> Black Dahlia> Marie. Though I think I would have loved playing with Black Dahlia based on her description.

two DLC characters = the same price I bought the game for :/

That's how they get you. "Oh wow this game is cheap bought wait WTF why is the DLC the same price as the game?!"

Clawww

It was nice to finally check out Leo on PC since I never copped the DLC on PS4. I really like him and the stage is dope, too. Will Elph/Leo be free/included in Revelator?

I've been getting my feet wet with skullgirls the past week or so. Think I'm gonna do a filia squigly team. Not sure how I feel about the game being very reset heavy from what I saw of combo breaker top 8 but obviously havent played online yet

Marz

Brain Drian, Samson, Black Dahlia, and Panzerfaust would have been my preferred choices for SG vote.

Maybe if they have a sequel they'll make it in.

Essay

KOF heads, I got one choice, 98 or 2002 on steam. which is the better game?

I prefer 2002UM. As someone who got into the series with XIII, 2k2um's meter system is closer to what I'm used to. I get more satisfaction out of the elaborate combos in it, and enjoy its more-original/oddball character archetypes. When I was starting out, I was having an easier time tracking down high-level match footage for it too, which probably shaped my decision.

However, I've had an easier time finding people willing to play 98UMFE offline when I've travelled. The impression I'm given is that it's lower-investment and better-rewards a player's understanding of KOF's neutral game. I'll concede that it's also the prettier game of the two. Plus, I'm guessing it doesn't feature a team as ubiquitous in high level play as K'/Kasumi/Nameless.

Really though, I imagine the main selling point for 2k2UM is that it plays out with bigger critical moments, while 98UMFE plays out more like an SF game.

Anyone else willing to comment? Juicebox in the house?

Brain Drian, Samson, Black Dahlia, and Panzerfaust would have been my preferred choices for SG vote.

Maybe if they have a sequel they'll make it in.
My wish is that Indivisible is incredibly successful, and it leads to Skullgirls 2 on the PS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom