• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

petghost

Banned
I was checking out jojos a bit like a week ago and looking up bnbs and God damn dio has some weird little execution stuff in his bnbs. Like negative edge a stand attack, dash in but cancel it then 2a, cancel another 2a with a walk. Kinda interesting actually.

Salex_

So I was looking for a recent PVP game to play until SFV/UNIB/MBAACC came out and found this game called Blade Symphony. It's a 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3 sword fighting game that's currently on sale for $1. The gameplay looks really promising from the Steam trailers. Anyone played this game?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/225600

I made a Discord Chat for Fighting Game GAF - this might help everyone coordinate matches, but also chat during matches without having to worry about a posting limit or hoping that the opponent refreshes the page. SmashGAF loves it:

Quote my post to reveal the link; don't post links publicly to avoid randoms from trolling the chat:

i second this. realtime chat during games would be great.
Alright, we'll see how it goes.

Zissou

The item that'll be next is shown for Platinum, but the order in which they come up is randomized.

So it's halfway random? You know what the item you're about throw is, but you don't know what will come up after that in your 'next item slot' or whatever.

Korigama

So it's halfway random? You know what the item you're about throw is, but you don't know what will come up after that in your 'next item slot' or whatever.
Basically.
Can platinum get the same thing twice in a row? I dno much about bb but she seems more like a zappa than a Faust.
This I'm not as sure about, and would be better for someone who specializes in playing her to answer (I might've seen it happen while messing around in training, but it's best not to quote me on that).

Do the 3D Naruto games have any strategy or intelligence behind them? Just messing with a demo now, and it looks like you can auto-combo break anything, and nothing beats blocking.

Do the 3D Naruto games have any strategy or intelligence behind them? Just messing with a demo now, and it looks like you can auto-combo break anything, and nothing beats blocking.

If you want a Naruto game with some semblance of strategy, try the Clash of Ninja series. It ended with Revolution 3 on Wii which is in my opinion the best one to come stateside, and it's a really solid fighter with a pretty balanced cast compared to the other anime adaptations out there. No online though because Wii wi-fi is dead ;__;

The Ultimate Ninja Storm games are exactly what you get though, mashing B/Circle with a bit of Substitution to get out of anything here and there. Not much to it I'm afraid.

EDIT: Gonna edit this in from the Fighting Game Noob thread, maybe I'll get a bite here.

Just got DoA5: Last Round on PS4, hooray for fighting games.

360 grabs with Hayabusa are difficult and my little brother insists on doing them lol. He's gonna go pro with that dedication, I can feel it (or at least not get bodied online.) Anyone here got some general Hayabusa tips for the new fighter?

Woah. UNIEL has the coolest training mode option ever. A frame counter for how long you waited between button presses. :-O
That sort of stuff is pretty neat. Today I just found out that SG PC replays allow you to show button presses and/or hitbox data in real time as the mach is going on. If I wasn't salty about a loss already this will do the trick.

If you want a Naruto game with some semblance of strategy, try the Clash of Ninja series. It ended with Revolution 3 on Wii which is in my opinion the best one to come stateside, and it's a really solid fighter with a pretty balanced cast compared to the other anime adaptations out there. No online though because Wii wi-fi is dead ;__;

The Ultimate Ninja Storm games are exactly what you get though, mashing B/Circle with a bit of Substitution to get out of anything here and there. Not much to it I'm afraid.
I've played the old 2D ones, and I actually loved them. Part of my "Man I wish I had someone else to play fighting games with" stage of life (~20 years).

That sort of stuff is pretty neat. Today I just found out that SG PC replays allow you to show button presses and/or hitbox data in real time as the mach is going on. If I wasn't salty about a loss already this will do the trick.
I don't want people to see me mashing. :-(

NEO0MJ

To be fair neither of those games have a team made just for spitting out stuff like Team Ninja does, they should because it would keep people working I don't think the culture at those companies allows for that.

They probably could have for Smash, but they preferred to make Mii costumes instead.

Does Trigger actually have the money for a Kill la Kill fighter

Come to think of it why do people want a Kill la Kill fighter in the first place, I feel like it'd work better as a Musou-style game kinda like Sengoku Basara.

NEO0MJ

Man, I don't get why people are obsessed with KLK. At least pick an actually interesting anime to be turned into a game.

rookiejet

Does Trigger actually have the money for a Kill la Kill fighter

Come to think of it why do people want a Kill la Kill fighter in the first place, I feel like it'd work better as a Musou-style game kinda like Sengoku Basara.

'coz people like to have fun

Man, I don't get why people are obsessed with KLK. At least pick an actually interesting anime to be turned into a game.

it has interesting character designs and potential for gameplay, which is what matters to me in fgs

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
wpI9lExh.jpg

round1 is a beautiful place

I don't want people to see me mashing. :-(
I hate looking at my button data. I press buttons like I'm playing Hsien-Ko regardless of the game. Based on that alone people would probably think I'm crazy.
is there any reason why Arc Sys can't make a Kill la Kill fighter
The heavens will only allow Alex Ahad to touch that. Really, if there is an anime fighter ASW shouldn't do it is definitely that one. It's gritty and super fluid style is not suited to ASW's clean and less energetic animation style.

Kumubou

Melty Blood is already on PC. They'd have to make a port for PS4. They could probably do that, but it's a lot easier to just put MB up on steam than make a port.
I kind of wonder what they're going to do with the Steam version, though. I can't see them doing just dumping the PC version on Steam as it. OK, they could but they would get a ton of shit for it as it has some really wonky stuff to it in the stock release, and it would be missing a bunch of niceties that people typically expect from PC games nowadays. The biggest issue would probably be the online functionality, as the matchmaking is completely broken (as in it doesn't work at all).

Frankly, I hope they integrate all of the cccaster changes into the Steam release, but something tells me that's highly unlikely. :\

round1 is a beautiful place
It really is... but I always end up too distracted by the music games to play anything else. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom