• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

His Xrd redesign is horrendous. Millia suffered a similar fate too.

Not really a fan of most renditions aesthetically even though the engine itself is fantastic.
I like new Millia way more altho new Pot redeisgn is worse just like him in general
Panzerfaust way better

Numb

millia-white-stance.gif

Not digging that hair style
Looks better in the art
New Millia hair sword looks cool

NEO0MJ

Anyone here tried Rivals of Aether? Kinda interested in picking it up.

millia-white-stance.gif

Not digging that hair style
Looks better in the art
New Millia hair sword looks cool

Her original stance seems awkward now that I'm just looking at it. I know they probably wanted to emphasize how she doesn't use her hands much but the way she opens and closes it seems kinda off.

Lol this thread is half-dead sometimes and people are talking about moving to a chatroom
Maybe they're doing that in the middle of a group play-session? Makes sense to do that.

Numb

Her original stance seems awkward now that I'm just looking at it. I know they probably wanted to emphasize how she doesn't use her hands much but the way she opens and closes it seems kinda off.

Indeed. New design doesn't make it as clear with the no hands hair usage as this but that's about it.
DBZ shoes and no pants is hilarious tho

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
For as much shit as I've talked about SFV's simple combo execution, I'm grateful that the stick/controller gap is gonna be smaller than ever. My old man wrist doesn't tolerate stick very well anymore.

ShinMaruku

Well, that is what community is, a place to kill off communities.

Some thrive in community, the big problem is assuming the FGC is some community when it's just capcom fans and other things that hang round them to bulk up numbers in some cynical bid.

0:17
If Zato has Eddie out, don't just charge in through the air. Zato AND Eddie have amazing anti-airs. You need to play footsies with Eddie to kill him so you have access to Zato. You should never back off of Zato. You can't give him space to summon Eddie.

0:22
Zato's command grab pretty much ends a character. It's usually better to risk getting hit by the low unless your opponent is consistent on -P- strings into knockdown, which most Zato players aren't.

0:30
You absolutely should not be losing to a solo Zato approach. Solo Zato is the worst character in the game, and all of his normals are weak, even if they seem strong. You should have been anti-airing here.

0:38
If Zato and Eddie are together, Eddie will absorb a hit when he dies. Use multi-hit attacks so you don't trade your health for Eddie's death (not a good trade).

0:41
Red flash = block high.

0:53
Zato shouldn't be able to start the match on the offensive. He has bad normals, again. If Zato's opponent knows what he/she is doing, Zato should always have to run away at the start of the match to try and get Eddie out.

1:14
A blocked drill leads to nothing. I think it's +2 on block or something small. If he summons -H- under you (shark bite), then you sat there too long. It's not a block string, get out of there.

1:37
Don't run into drills, lol. :p

1:39
Always block down-back or DP against Zato on oki. He doesn't have any good overheads, and a good Zato will never leave you alone on oki.

2:33
Pause the video here, and notice that the buzzsaw, -K-, is coming for you, but you aren't in blockstun yet, but you're still sitting here. Your opponent messed up his oki setup, and you should have gotten out of there.

2:35
If you are with Eddie and Zato, and they've got you in blockstun, you just need to chill there until Eddie is gone unless you're prepared to take a big risk and lose health.

2:47
Eddie is here with -K- going toward you, and no support. You back off - this was a free Eddie kill. Eddie CANNOT mount an offense alone, and neither can Zato. If Zato and Eddie aren't supporting each other, you're only dealing with half a character.

3:00
Zato does drill into -H-, and you get hit. If your opponent has a habit of this, mash out crouching jabs and you'll hit Eddie as he's summoned. Also, those little orange/yellow portals on the ground can be killed as of the last patch (believe it or not, Zato used to be way better than he is now). Any time Zato throws a solo drill out across the screen, just take a moment and kill the portal so you don't have to worry about Eddie. After you've trained your opponent to expect you to do this, you can use it as a mixup airdash on Zato.

3:09
If Zato airdashes toward you, he will ALWAYS double overhead. It's unsafe for him not to, and you'll get a free grab.

3:21
You can't kill the drills. :p But if you hit Zato, the drill loses its hitbox (but won't disappear - it's misleading).

Also, some general anti-Zato tips:
Hitting Zato makes Eddie disappear. That INCLUDES blocked attacks. So if you can even get a crazy attack in and force Zato to block it, you got rid of Eddie and put Zato back down to half a character - congrats.

Don't respect Zato while he's hovering and trying to attack you. All of his attacks have crap hitboxes except for j.K, and even that's not really good.

None of his attacks are disjointed. Those big attacks Zato has? You can counterpoke them if he whiffs.

Zato will end pretty much every blockstring into a drill. Don't stop blocking until you see the drill.

There's a hidden cooldown on each drill Zato can do. If he does the far drill and it misses, you have about 1 second before he can activate another one. Use that moment.

Eddie has limited power before he dies or has to be unsummoned. Don't look at Zato's neutral as "oh crap I need to get in now", but instead, like a powerful gun with limited ammunition. Waiting the ammo stock out is a reasonable strategy at times.

Dahbomb

It's not even just Capcom fighters community, it's just SF community. With no support for Marvel 3 and no non SF Capcom fighter on the horizon... SF is basically the only Capcom fighter at the moment.

Capcom Cup has only had a single Capcom title on it for the past 2 years. It might as well be called Street Fighter cup at this point.

I really hope Capcom announces a new fighter in 2016.

Block
Use meter for dead angle.
Use your burst jesus fuck.
Learn sins neutral better.

Neutral better?

stop being free to drill. kill eddie. learn sin neutral.

I just got to that part where you did RTL. why didn't you keep him in corner for extension?

tbh the only matchup I feel like I know is against Sol and a bit of I-No since I've played against Rave a bit. I don't really know Zato's attacks or when he can drill or the properties of Eddie and all that.

The RTL was an input error from when I was trying to cancel into food. I definitely didn't want that :/. I didn't think it'd combo either so I was just trying to get myself out of the corner.

A lot of the time when I got hit on wakeup was me trying to get a reversal DP out but since the reversal window is the size of a pinhole, it usually just results in me getting nothing and eating counter hits. Yes I know blocking would be a better option but I just want him to get off me y'know.

Thanks for this. I've barely played against Zato and clearly have no idea what is going on lol. Having to think about Eddie/Zato + my own food meter is a bit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom