• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

It's not even just Capcom fighters community, it's just SF community. With no support for Marvel 3 and no non SF Capcom fighter on the horizon... SF is basically the only Capcom fighter at the moment.

Capcom Cup has only had a single Capcom title on it for the past 2 years. It might as well be called Street Fighter cup at this point.

I really hope Capcom announces a new fighter in 2016.
Gonna be busy with SFV for a while.

I have a cut in my mouth, and Im eating spicy food atm. Why did I make this life choice?

Hardcore lifestyle

ShinMaruku

Use what a man loves to kill him.
dead-or-alive-5-raidou-gif-animated-energy-ball.gif

ShinMaruku

Capuchinoids don't work on birds. It was designed to burn the shit outta stuff with teeth because they crush seed. Really interesting stuff about spicy things.

Deps

tbh the only matchup I feel like I know is against Sol and a bit of I-No since I've played against Rave a bit. I don't really know Zato's attacks or when he can drill or the properties of Eddie and all that.

The RTL was an input error from when I was trying to cancel into food. I definitely didn't want that :/. I didn't think it'd combo either so I was just trying to get myself out of the corner.

A lot of the time when I got hit on wakeup was me trying to get a reversal DP out but since the reversal window is the size of a pinhole, it usually just results in me getting nothing and eating counter hits. Yes I know blocking would be a better option but I just want him to get off me y'know.

Reversals aren't that hard. There's a 3f buffer in Xrd and you can also do a move, wait, then press the button like in SF4.

Dahbomb

Gonna be busy with SFV for a while.

Hardcore lifestyle
Same here I will probably only be playing SFV and DS3 in early 2016. Even though I like the system changes of SFV I haven't really found a character that suits me. I will probably just be playing Cammy, maybe Chun Li. I am really just waiting for Guile to be honest.

ShinMaruku

Personally I love to see them sf people try Tekken or GG or something completely different so they see there are different things and really appreciate the vocabulary they have in their game of choice. Even better when they recognize it consciously.

shaowebb

Personally I love to see them sf people try Tekken or GG or something completely different so they see there are different things and really appreciate the vocabulary they have in their game of choice. Even better when they recognize it consciously.

THIS. Holy shit are their more things than SF out there. So many good titles out there with so many interesting and unique movesets and combat systems to explore. Its like an eye opening experience that changes you as a player when you go outside your usual game and just try and explore something totally different in the genre and honestly this doesn't just pertain to SF, but all titles. Forever all I did was eat sleep and breathe Marvel 3. Then I just got fed up with stuff in it and left and started finding shit like KOF 13, and anime fighters. Fuck I even learned a lot swapping out to unique metas like NRS shit and Arcana heart once I left.

The broader experience I think really opens you up to new ideas and to even playing new characters in your old game. Everyone should explore the genre to its fullest. Hell just the other day I found an interesting unique meter character in Akatsuki Blitzkampf. Some nun with pistols who has to reload. Reminded me of Petra in Arcana Heart except they got 6 shots and different tools with the guns.

EDIT: Here she is. Nun is called Anonym

ShinMaruku

THIS. Holy shit are their more things than SF out there. So many good titles out there with so many interesting and unique movesets and combat systems to explore. Its like an eye opening experience that changes you as a player when you go outside your usual game and just try and explore something totally different in the genre and honestly this doesn't just pertain to SF, but all titles. Forever all I did was eat sleep and breathe Marvel 3. Then I just got fed up with stuff in it and left and started finding shit like KOF 13, and anime fighters. Fuck I even learned a lot swapping out to unique metas like NRS shit and Arcana heart once I left.

The broader experience I think really opens you up to new ideas and to even playing new characters in your old game. Everyone should explore the genre to its fullest.

I think having a more varied game vocabulary is also helpful when the meta shifts because you are familiar with different styles and you can adapt much faster. I think it's why Daigo and Tokido can latch on to a meta pretty quickly and decently because the pathways are already built into their brains from earlier exploration of different games. Many folks don't know Daigo was a GG dude along side sf. :)

Numb

Same here I will probably only be playing SFV and DS3 in early 2016. Even though I like the system changes of SFV I haven't really found a character that suits me. I will probably just be playing Cammy, maybe Chun Li. I am really just waiting for Guile to be honest.

The broader experience I think really opens you up to new ideas and to even playing new characters in your old game. Everyone should explore the genre to its fullest. Hell just the other day I found an interesting unique meter character in Akatsuki Blitzkampf. Some nun with pistols who has to reload. Reminded me of Petra in Arcana Heart except they got 6 shots and different tools with the guns.

EDIT: Here she is. Nun is called Anonym

The genre is awesome and there is indeed alot out there. It's hard to try everything under the sun out there tho for people. Even then trying stuff in the same dimension as your fav thing you stick to should be somewhat fun. Easier changing to a 2D game if you play SF than it is to a 3D one. Even if 3D has cooled down abit.

shaowebb

The genre is awesome and there is indeed alot out there. It's hard to try everything under the sun out there tho for people. Even then trying stuff in the same dimension as your fav thing you stick to should be somewhat fun. Easier changing to a 2D game if you play SF than it is to a 3D one. Even if 3D has cooled down abit.

Agreed. I can't get into tekken for the life of me. If the game has a side step all the meta is indeed a lot more removed than moving into yet another 2d to 2.5d fighter. Footsies change completely.

I think the biggest things that create leaps in meta are:

• sidestepping or 8 way runs (ie 3d fighters)
  • counter / parry systems
  • combo breakers
  • ring outs
  • assists

These tools create the largest divides in meta in the genre IMO. Corner game, projectiles, combo length vs resets, oki...they all are SEVERELY changed by each of these tools being added. Taking a leap from SF into a fighter with any of these is a major leap unless your game is 3rd strike or SFV which has counter/parry tools in them.

Dahbomb

Air dashes/flight, being able to block in the air and being able to cancel moves on whiff also change up a fighter dramatically.

Numb

Agreed. I can't get into tekken for the life of me. If the game has a side step all the meta is indeed a lot more removed than moving into yet another 2d to 2.5d fighter. Footsies change completely.

I think the biggest things that create leaps in meta are:

• sidestepping or 8 way runs (ie 3d fighters)
  • counter / parry systems
  • combo breakers
  • ring outs
  • assists

These tools create the largest divides in meta in the genre IMO. Corner game, projectiles, combo length vs resets, oki...they all are SEVERELY changed by each of these tools being added. Taking a leap from SF into a fighter with any of these is a major leap unless your game is 3rd strike or SFV which has counter/parry tools in them.
Indeed sidesteps in 3D games change so much. Weak projectile game if any and corner pressure that you could walk out of with SS since it isn't fixed there. The movement in Tekken has so much stick moving compared to SF it is crazy. No walking back and forward but lots of crouch dashes,back dashes into cancels,forward dashes into cancels, wave dashwalking into foreground and background. The movement is the biggest deal i feel like.

Ring outs are total garbage tho and scary. Having the lead doesn't mean anything if you are not aware of what your position is in the ring and not get manipulated by the opponent especially if the whole stage is a ringout one. And even if you do get the oponent to one with the way movement is in such games it could be you with the ringout at your back lol.

Games with assists are another thing when they are also a tag game. You need ask yourself if you are gonna learn not just one character but several before you even think of picking them up. Games where the assists are just assists and nothing more are alright. Tend to thing of them as having an extra special

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The biggest bad habit marvel can create in a player is thinking normals not connecting dont mean anything for cancels. Also Marvel kills combo rhythm as most stuff kinda cancels into each other almost right away.

Though the game has it's own rhythm on combos with just how combos end up working. Mag combos for exsample

ShinMaruku

I think Mag combos have something based off the engine some times, to make the game flow the way they want it they must allow for some goofy shit.

I love the whole idea of side stepping in a 3d game espeically in DOA where they have different classes of moves, some move don't track, others do so it you can chain a non stakcing fast move into a tracking one you can hit a side stepper and if they tried to attack on the side step they get countered and on Ayane and Momiji that means I get to hit my launch button and then the fun begins.

Christie is a side step monster, thus counter pick her with Momiji, she side step 6pp/k/p/t you just bew her up and got a combo and a follow up. It's a thing of beauty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRibINvcYNo
Now this is some GG/Tekken level of shit.

Nash is fun. Kind of has a pseudo Guile style despite being motion character now.

ShinMaruku

I git the feeling I'm being conned by Tekken players who tell me I can transition fine into Tekken since I play DOA and am familiar with VF. I told them bullshit they ain't foolin me!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Too bad Daigo was only good at GG when sol was a broken character in x2 and gave up after playing reload for a year because he couldnt keep up with the other players :p

petghost

Banned
GG is why he's a sf god. :p

You crazy man... He was an st, alpha, vampire hunter and probably 3s God by the time he picked up gear. Did he even stick around for #r all I seen was him playing xx

Vocab imma hit you up for games once I get back home after the 5th. Been on a long ass cross country drive for last week or so.

Too bad Daigo was only good at GG when sol was a broken character in x2 and gave up after playing reload for a year because he couldnt keep up with the other players :p

Not true. He gave up fighting games altogether because his interest died at the time, which was around after EVO 2004.

edit: Or it might be true. It depends if he was already bad by 2004 as he quit fighting games at the end of 2004. The only evidence that supports this is SBO 2004 where he got bounced in the first round, but Ogawa also got the same placing as Daigo that year despite being a heavy favorite. That's what happens at SBO.

I'm surprised no one has asked Daigo why he gave up Third Strike.

He hated fighting against Chun. He thought it was fun to fight against Yun, but Chun just made it boring and bullshit. Again, he quit playing fighting games around that time before SBO 2005.

Momochi told Daigo that he started playing 3S and fighting games competitively in 2004/05 and he noted that Daigo wasn't a 3S player at the time. Daigo said it was because he couldn't forgive Chun Li. Even in the documentary for SBO 2005, Nuki mentioned that Daigo wasn't that serious at the time. That's probably why their team plan was for Daigo to take care of Yun only. BTW, Momochi tried to qualify for SBO 2005, but couldn't do it. He actually attended that SBO as a spectator.

jerry1594

When was Kuroda considered The God of 3S? I always wondered what year the perception of him changed.
In the west probably after he trolled Justin and Ricki at sbo3. Before that I wouldn't know. Maybe that year too since him and Hayao placed 3rd* with Q and Hugo.

Rajang

Hey, what's with Tekken Revolution only having 10 characters or something?

TR has a F2P model, thats why its free.

You unlock more characters with gift points which you earn by winning matches, signing in each day, beating arcade mode or doing ranked matches. You can also unlock characters with real $.

According to Nemo's twitter, Infiltration thinks the 5 most difficult Japanese players to go up against for him are Daigo, Sako, Bonchan, Momochi, and Nemo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom