• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinMaruku

Sol is fair because if you fought true sol you'd see it.

4r5

A lot of the time when I got hit on wakeup was me trying to get a reversal DP out but since the reversal window is the size of a pinhole, it usually just results in me getting nothing and eating counter hits.

If you are getting counterhit on wakeup, then it's not the reversal window, it's your DP input. As in, you're not doing a DP. Atleast one of those wakeup counterhits, it looked like you woke up with a standing Heavy Slash, and so I'll let you know that Sin's RTL is not a reversal.

On a more macro level, if you're going to end your combos with Beak Driver, you should cancel to your command jump, so you can stay near Zato. Rember that Zato wants space to call out his shadow. Don't give him space.

If you need to refill your food meter, then just go for ElkHunt>Food, so you can stay close.

ggs Karst.

I aint learning shit from this lol, just feels like I'm playing I wanna be the guy.

There's no right option on blocking

Block -> command throw
Alpha counter -> hit eddie instead and get punished
Burst -> blocked and punished
try to attack eddie -> get hit by 4 other things

If you are getting counterhit on wakeup, then it's not the reversal window, it's your DP input. As in, you're not doing a DP. Atleast one of those wakeup counterhits, it looked like you woke up with a standing Heavy Slash, and so I'll let you know that Sin's RTL is not a reversal.

On a more macro level, if you're going to end your combos with Beak Driver, you should cancel to your command jump, so you can stay near Zato. Rember that Zato wants space to call out his shadow. Don't give him space.

If you need to refill your food meter, then just go for ElkHunt>Food, so you can stay close.

Thanks for the tips. My issue with Beak -> command jump is that I'm not entirely sure what buttons to press/how to convert off of air normals -> ground normals with Sin.

Marz

Did you know that you can hit Eddie and still cancel your normal into YRC if you have meter? Do this right and suddenly Zato's attempt to punish you for poking out Eddie leads to him eating a full combo.

Eh, what situations are we talking about here? Zato players are going to have you at frame disadvantage, meaty drills going to either force you to block, dead angle, or burst and i know Zatos got setups to bait dead angle.

MrDaravon

mr wizard just wrote this on floe's stream after sephiroth aka kbr killed 'mahvel' lol

edit: viscant chimes in as well

LOL

Pretty good screencap of it on twitter (just got home, missed it live and would probably be watching AGDQ anyway):

cr0TTSl.png

I still think Marvel will make it in through sheer will/hubris for 2016, but past that it's up in the air.

Arcsys needs to start selling new characters from the newset arcade version as DLC for consoles, while still using outdated mechanics to avoid arcade parity.

ShinMaruku

Maybe because it's the only major game of its type out there?

Since it's support from the masses are reliant on keeping it flush with content that is something that is not going to happen, rather I would want whatever Capcom cross fighter with the same mechanics and not reliant on Marvel deals.

Zissou

Since it's support from the masses are reliant on keeping it flush with content that is something that is not going to happen, rather I would want whatever Capcom cross fighter with the same mechanics and not reliant on Marvel deals.

Everybody wants that, but we've gotta deal with what we've got.

Riou

GGs Cindi, Morris and some Sin player. I got mauled by Morris. Really need to learn the Elphelt matchup. It was really great seeing a full Xrd Lobby. Anyone who has a computer that can run Xrd should definitely get it. I find the online to be much better than the ps3/ps4 version.

GGs Xrd GAF. That was my first time playing Xrd in quite awhile, so I was getting bodied most of the time. Still had fun, and I definitely wanna keep at it and improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom