• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I wouldn't mind USF4 dying if it takes Marvel with it
kA1zMw3h.jpg

nothing makes me more irrationally salty than thinking about the fact that minette isn't in sg
Minette fans should just be happy she was moved up to playable status. Originally she was just going to be a background character at best.
Last night I finally got around to trying all the new SG characters. I was pumped for Robo-Fortune until I discovered her beams don't knockdown, and are more like Iron Man beams. :-(

I think Painwheel probably still needs to stick with Double's flying butt slam assist for max utility. I could get rid of Parasoul, but I don't even know who I would want to replace her with. If only Peacock's assist wasn't nerfed, I'd run Peacock/Painwheel/Double.

Oh yeah, and FGW Discord chat; quote to reveal link:
Knockdown on Robo's beams would be MvC3 tier bullshit. Parasoul could probably be replaced by a lot of characters if she isn't your best character. Fukua is a good option with better mixups, a command grab and a good projectile game. Her combos are also ABC levels of easy too.
ya'll ready for PC SFV cheaters and dudes running the game with sub-recommend specs and PS4 players turning off crossplay
What is the problem with sub-spec players?
I wonder when ASW will reveal Dizzy...if she isn't in the Revelator home console release, I will be very disappointed.
ASW is going to get your DLC monies whether you like it or not.
I also didn't know that you have to call Robo assist 4x to get the Hidden Missiles. Seems excessive.
Luckily it doesn't stop her from being good. Hidden missiles fucked up Mahvel pretty bad and Mike already had a bad experience with vanilla Double HP bomber assist.
He's had that since I think GGXX nothing new or op in Xrd

#reload sol > xrd
I mostly played AC so Reload being crazy is really more of an Ishiwatari balancing thing. Don't know if that has to do with Xrd's current nonsense.
The vote would have sucked if it didn't get me a character I want.
It got me a character I want, so the vote is great.
Doing multiple rounds was the real mistake. The second proportional vote was done right.
I want a fighting game where all characters have Beowulf style throws :V
Alex with Beowulf style throws would be freaking amazing. Power bombs and spiral DDT off regular grab would be the shit.
Sorry if this was posted already - there's gonna be a US vs Japan team exhibition in Skullgirls this evening. 8 PM Pacific time.

Stream http://www.twitch.tv/kpblive

Info http://skullheart.com/index.php?threads/skullgirls-pacific-showdown-japan-vs-america.8562/#post-345046
Watching it right now and it's good stuff. I'm glad we can have this sort of online competition between two countries so far apart.
I remember some of those Dlc vote SG character designs were really good. I dont really like Beowulf and the others, only one i thought was dope was Big Band.
Brain Drain, Molly, Scythana, Annie, Panzerfaust and Isaac would have been dope.
It's funny how with the money they got they could have finished the game like they intended but I doubt they could have gotten the money needed if the tiers were Umbrella> Black Dahlia> Marie. Though I think I would have loved playing with Black Dahlia based on her description.
Dahlia and Marie are fine. Umbrella has her extreme fans, but not like Minette and Annie. The latter two are on another level.
I've been getting my feet wet with skullgirls the past week or so. Think I'm gonna do a filia squigly team. Not sure how I feel about the game being very reset heavy from what I saw of combo breaker top 8 but obviously havent played online yet
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sol-Neutralguy

I never get to play gaffers.
Brain Drian, Samson, Black Dahlia, and Panzerfaust would have been my preferred choices for SG vote.

Maybe if they have a sequel they'll make it in.
Some good choices here. Brain Drain and Dahlia were super Mahvel characters.
My wish is that Indivisible is incredibly successful, and it leads to Skullgirls 2 on the PS5.
It'll probably make far more money thanks to being an RPG, having an infinitely better royalty deal and having a base price of $30. The wait until 2020 is going to be a long one, though.
Not everyone can be like Eliza with her boat i see
tumblr_n4mi9bUD4g1sad17do1_400.gif

No license required
Fuck her and the projectile beating boat she rode in on.
It's not even just Capcom fighters community, it's just SF community. With no support for Marvel 3 and no non SF Capcom fighter on the horizon... SF is basically the only Capcom fighter at the moment.

Capcom Cup has only had a single Capcom title on it for the past 2 years. It might as well be called Street Fighter cup at this point.

I really hope Capcom announces a new fighter in 2016.
I still can't believe how hard MvC3 fell. The lack of support really makes a difference.
I have a cut in my mouth, and Im eating spicy food atm. Why did I make this life choice?
No pain, no gain?
Air dashes/flight, being able to block in the air and being able to cancel moves on whiff also change up a fighter dramatically.
That or parries. SF3 is about as vanilla as I can stand, but I hope SFV lands closer to 3S than ST.
Too bad Daigo was only good at GG when sol was a broken character in x2 and gave up after playing reload for a year because he couldnt keep up with the other players :p
lol
Momochi asked him and the answer was chun
She ruined everything. A lot of the balancing for that game really doesn't make sense.
What's some hyperbolic time chamber exercises to improve reactions
Play me in fightcade VSav or SGPC. It'll be an online version of Vegeta's training with Future trunks in the time chamber. :p

@SolarPowered:

I think it would be okay if Robo's H beam knocked down, or at least blasted back more.

I'm cool with Dizzy being DLC. I'll gladly pay for her, I just don't want her to be unavailable.

My Parasoul is actually solid. It's my Double that's 100% garbage assist tier, but I don't think anything replaces her Bomber assist for Painwheel. Some invincibility, massive range, and it pins the opponent for mixups in corners - so much utility that Eliza and Big Big Band can't offer. It also goes pretty well with my keepaway Parasoul.

Does Eliza's boat (c.HK?) have armor still?

@SolarPowered:

I think it would be okay if Robo's H beam knocked down, or at least blasted back more.

I'm cool with Dizzy being DLC. I'll gladly pay for her, I just don't want her to be unavailable.

My Parasoul is actually solid. It's my Double that's 100% garbage assist tier, but I don't think anything replaces her Bomber assist for Painwheel. Some invincibility, massive range, and it pins the opponent for mixups in corners - so much utility that Eliza and Big Big Band can't offer. It also goes pretty well with my keepaway Parasoul.

Does Eliza's boat (c.HK?) have armor still?
Knocking back more might be okay. Knocking down would be a SG career ending decision for me and many people with large characters lol. Speaking of Eliza... her Solar barge has full projectile invul. Sekhmet's Turn, Throne of Isis and Dive of Horus are pretty damn good assists that could compliment Peacock. She'd also be a good battery for Eliza.

Knocking back more might be okay. Knocking down would be a career ending decision for me and many people with large characters. Speaking of Eliza... her Solar barge has full projectile invul. Sekhmet's Turn, Throne of Isis and Dive of Horus are pretty damn good assists that could compliment Peacock. She'd also be a good battery for Eliza.
I'm 100% about the best team for Painwheel.

This may sound dumb, but I think I like Xrd more than USFIV despite having it for all of two days and the amount of play time I've put into SFIV the past year. There's something about it. I just really like this game. I'm even going through arcade mode with all the characters because I just find the game fun enough to do so. I see unlocking Sin as a bonus at this point. I legitimately want to play all of the characters. I never did that with SFIV and didn't touch arcade mode.

My only real issue with the game are the character unlocks. Jesus Christ, I want to try Leo and Sin and the other Valentine sister, but 7 bucks a character is fucking obscene. This set up also makes me worried for SFV. Unlocking Sin requires far too much work.

I personally wouldn't want to press buttons against Painwheel backed by Dive of Horus. This is especially true in the corner.
Which move is that?

This may sound dumb, but I think I like Xrd more than USFIV despite having it for all of two days and the amount of play time I've put into SFIV the past year. There's something about it. I just really like this game. I'm even going through arcade mode with all the characters because I just find the game fun enough to do so. I see unlocking Sin as a bonus at this point. I legitimately want to play all of the characters. I never did that with SFIV and didn't touch arcade mode.

My only real issue with the game are the character unlocks. Jesus Christ, I want to try Leo and Sin and the other Valentine sister, but 7 bucks a character is fucking obscene. This set up also makes me worried for SFV. Unlocking Sin requires far too much work.
If you go through story mode, you'll have enough to unlock Sin-ish. Elphelt was free on release to thank early buyers. So it's really just Leo that has been DLC all this time.

Also, you'll never sound dumb for hating on SFIV.

Kumubou

Super Hexagon doesn't get fast enough to match the reflexes needed to play a fighting game at a competitive level. I can finish Hyper Hexagonest in my sleep and my reflexes are still considered trash tier for fighting games. Honestly, it would probably need another couple of difficulty levels before getting fast enough to be useful in that regard (and most players have enough issues with the game as it is -- and those difficulties would be completely unplayable on the iOS and Android versions, due to display and touchscreen lag).

Don't take a look at how much characters cost to buy in most MOBAs, then (except Dota 2, but that's at least partially due to Valve being Valve).

Marz

Lolololol. Wait til a beast Millia gets you in the corner.

We'll see how much you like it then.

jerry1594

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. When I got the game I would survive like 3 seconds then I never played it again.
What is the problem with sub-spec players?

Play me in fightcade VSav or SGPC. It'll be an online version of Vegeta's training with Future trunks in the time chamber. :p
Sub-spec players' online is as if you were playing them wireless even if their connection is good. Wireless plus Netflix running if they're sub-spec enough. I'll take you up on that offer soon. Need to learn Zabel first.
Super Hexagon doesn't get fast enough to match the reflexes needed to play a fighting game at a competitive level. I can finish Hyper Hexagonest in my sleep and my reflexes are still considered trash tier for fighting games. Honestly, it would probably need another couple of difficulty levels before getting fast enough to be useful in that regard (and most players have enough issues with the game as it is -- and those difficulties would be completely unplayable on the iOS and Android versions, due to display and touchscreen lag).
Well shit. I have dead person reactions.

MrKai

Neo Member

I thought too. You ill change your mind after playing XRD for a while. I have completely stopped playing it.

Spuck-uk

Banned

Nothing weird about it, I feel the same.

Can it act as a DP?
If you need invul that bad Carpenter's Axe and Butcher's Blade are great hyper armored assists. The former is a really fast overhead with ground bounce and the latter will give you a safer lockdown assist than Double's hornet bomber. Either one will stuff supers, specials and armored moves like there's no tomorrow. The negative is the need for meter in order to use Sekhmet as an assist. If your Double is butt I would consider trying Eliza out to see how those assists work if you are confident about your meter building ability. Eliza really has a lot of options now that I think about it. Jedah would be proud.

Beckx

Love reading SP dishing the SG info. Played a lot of that over the break, all casual (my son is into the game now).

Happy 2016 FGW. Anyone tried the Brook 360 to PS4 converter? $40 to use my old 360 sticks on PS4 would be fine by me if it really works w/o material issues.

rookiejet

i'm gonna spend some time learning Blazblue this week. i really enjoyed what i played of it this weekend

anyone have any FG-related New Year's resolutions?

attend more weeklies and tournaments. and teach my brother fighting games. i say this one every year, but i'm gonna do it this year dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom