• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

This may sound dumb, but I think I like Xrd more than USFIV despite having it for all of two days and the amount of play time I've put into SFIV the past year. There's something about it. I just really like this game. I'm even going through arcade mode with all the characters because I just find the game fun enough to do so. I see unlocking Sin as a bonus at this point. I legitimately want to play all of the characters. I never did that with SFIV and didn't touch arcade mode.

My only real issue with the game are the character unlocks. Jesus Christ, I want to try Leo and Sin and the other Valentine sister, but 7 bucks a character is fucking obscene. This set up also makes me worried for SFV. Unlocking Sin requires far too much work.

Yeah we'll see how it all works out when the SFV DLC starts dropping but that is certainly a concern of mine.

hmVE5aq.png

phEKle5.gif

Numb

DoA since it's now and current. I would do T7 if it were out right now.

Indeed. Tekken 7 will release when it feels like it although they were teasing news for this month or the next.
SCV and VF been in the freezer for a minute too. Would love to learn VF one day.

People are always good and ready for DOA matches. :E

Indeed. Tekken 7 will release when it feels like it although they were teasing news for this month or the next.
SCV and VF been in the freezer for a minute too. Would love to learn VF one day.
I need a super scrubby sparring partner for DoA. I appreciate Shin offering, but playing against a veteran using the toppest of tiers in the game sounds like the quick path to frustration.

I need a super scrubby sparring partner for DoA. I appreciate Shin offering, but playing against a veteran using the toppest of tiers in the game sounds like the quick path to frustration.

Give me a week or so. I'm waiting for Amazon to get more copies in stock. Then I'll have a PS4 copy.

I've played DOA before, but I would consider myself super scrubby at it.

Numb

I am the scrubbiest DOA player you'll find out there. Think PSN might be down now tho
And i play Lisa

Tornix

My resolution: attend bi-weeklies more often. I used to go all the time, but have been lazy in the past year mostly due to the distance.

i would join if any of you guys still play DOA5 Ultimate on 360
y'all probably on ps4 now

Give me a week or so. I'm waiting for Amazon to get more copies in stock. Then I'll have a PS4 copy.

I've played DOA before, but I would consider myself super scrubby at it.

I am the scrubbiest DOA player you'll find out there. Think PSN might be down now tho
And i play Lisa
Sweeeet! I'm back at work from Christmas vacation, so I can't add you guys. Add Karsticles and we'll play.

reminds me of those Zato matches last night
I'm garbage. :p

Did watching Morris beat the crud out of me help at all?

i would join if any of you guys still play DOA5 Ultimate on 360
y'all probably on ps4 now
I don't own a 360 anymore. :p

I want to sell my PS3, too, but it's there for Dragon's Crown right now.

Numb

We are already buds Karst.
I know cos you the only guy without an avatar on psn lol
We will play whenever psn decides to come back if you are still up for it

Dahbomb

We can play each other but my connection will probably be spotty.

We are already buds Karst.
I know cos you the only guy without an avatar on psn lol
We will play whenever psn decides to come back if you are still up for it
I got this free Diablo III avatar of Diablo that I thought about making my PS3 avatar. Here's the weird thing: you can't use it on the PS4. Why wouldn't they carry over? o_O

Nobody else was playing Elphelt either.
Ah.

Nah cause I'm garbage.

Was he the Elphelt? Because I didn't buy that character and I don't really understand her attacks/properties. It pretty much just looked like RTSD
Elphelt is basically gorilla normals everywhere, plus a grenade with a hitbox, and a shotgun/sniper rifle she can swap to. She's the dumbest character in the game, and I don't understand why people complain about Millia more than her. Millia at least has to work hard to get her game going.

Nothing she does is unsafe on block. Probably the best anti-air in the game. She's still dumb even after her nerfs.

We can play each other but my connection will probably be spotty.
Add me up: Karsticles.

Numb

I got this free Diablo III avatar of Diablo that I thought about making my PS3 avatar. Here's the weird thing: you can't use it on the PS4. Why wouldn't they carry over? o_O

The avatar nonsense is crazy
Use the PS3 to set them up if you still had it. It might show up. Only way i could change before

Tornix

Elphelt is basically gorilla normals everywhere, plus a grenade with a hitbox, and a shotgun/sniper rifle she can swap to. She's the dumbest character in the game, and I don't understand why people complain about Millia more than her. Millia at least has to work hard to get her game going.

Nothing she does is unsafe on block. Probably the best anti-air in the game. She's still dumb even after her nerfs.

Yeah, probably my most hated matchup in the game atm. Shotgun stance is my biggest problem. But the more I play against her, the more I'll figure out so I'll take those L's.

Yeah but still, that grenade nerf. Now if only beak driver didn't cancel out gunflame.

The avatar nonsense is crazy
Use the PS3 to set them up if you still had it. It might show up. Only way i could change before
I will try that.

Yeah, probably my most hated matchup in the game atm. Shotgun stance is my biggest problem. But the more I play against her, the more I'll figure out so I'll take those L's.
That Shotgun stance...it must be the most ridiculous pressure in the game next to Zato+Eddie. And so easy, too.

Sayad

The avatar thing is stupid, it works with PS4, you just can't make it your avatar from a PS4. Have to set it up from a PS3 or a Vita, I think.

Can't wait for Blackule's reaction when he play his first good Leo. :3

The avatar thing is stupid, it works with PS4, you just can't make it your avatar from a PS4. Have to set it up from a PS3 or a Vita, I think.

Can't wait for Blackule's reaction when he play his first good Leo. :3

I have played good Leo's before. I feel like I have a better chance in that MU opposed to Zato/Millia.

I ended up downloading him
FOR $7 US DOLLARS
to do the learn how to fight against Leo mission.

Trying to grab him out of his stance change/run behind me didn't end up working out in my favour once.

Good look in your crusade in destroying UltraClarity much like you killed Beef

Who?

FACE

Banned
I think having a more varied game vocabulary is also helpful when the meta shifts because you are familiar with different styles and you can adapt much faster. I think it's why Daigo and Tokido can latch on to a meta pretty quickly and decently because the pathways are already built into their brains from earlier exploration of different games. Many folks don't know Daigo was a GG dude along side sf. :)

Daigo also played Vampire Savior.

Finally got serious with SFIV the past few days trying to get better fundamentals for SFV. Got to 1400pp in just a couple hours of ranked. Who wants some T. Hawk in their lives, steamboys?

I might actually be able to take you up on that, I havent played last round basically at all. I was decent at vanilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom