• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Ok I am trying to decide what would be funnier here.

OR

Tagged for those with overly sensitive sensibilities

You could always throw in the ultimate loser toy ever conceived.

Moe Moe Z-Cune0. Its an anime mecha girl that turns into a gun used as the morpher for the unofficial Sentai team Akiba Ranger who are powered by delusions and drive a moe mobile.

Clip of Z-Cune being used

Fun fact...the super form of Akiba Red (whose a mid 30's sentai loser) is pretty much building a hug pillow directly into his suit.
mCr6yMo.gif

Don't get much more "Fucks among us" than that lol :p

Everyone should watch Akibaranger. Its satire of the whole Power Rangers/Super Sentai history and its amazing.

Dahbomb

realistically speaking, which SF character would make sense as a 3rd party appearance in an MK title?

I'm thinking Bison maybe? not like he isn't new to the whole decapitation thing.
Vega, Bison, Blanka (I can imagine a gritty Blanka being terrifying), Ibuki, Cody, Guy, Necalli, the new Nash.

Everyone should watch Akibaranger. Its satire of the whole Power Rangers/Super Sentai history and its amazing.
It's a satire of pretty much of all of japanese nerd culture to an extent, like when you have a not ultraman being voiced by Tohru Furuya for your finale.

Neoxon

Gimme some dets or rumors on what Capcom what might be working on besides SFV fighter-wise. We all know they're working on another fighter, they have to be... more anime-esque one on that point.
I'm no insider when it comes to gaming (I wish I was). But there haven't really been any rumors about other fighting games coming from Capcom, as their focus seems to be squarely on Street Fighter V. That's not to say that we won't get another fighting game from Capcom, it's just that I personally wouldn't expect one to be revealed until at least 2017. That being said, the biggest non-Street Fighter fighting game they have, Marvel vs. Capcom, is one that Capcom can't afford to regain the license for right now.

Neoxon

That's why everyone should be going all in on Capcom All Stars.
That would be my first guess, but then comes the issue that Capcom doesn't have a lot of mainstream franchises. All Capcom has as far as mainstream franchises go are Street Fighter, Mega Man, Monster Hunter (whose devs are supposedly pretty stingy about inclusion in fighting games), Resident Evil, & Devil May Cry. The MvC games succeeded mostly thanks to the Marvel brand, & you'd lose that by going with Capcom All-Stars. But again, it's not like Capcom can afford the license right now......unless Sony steps in.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Sony is going to use the line "Its the place where fighting games are at!"

I'm no insider when it comes to gaming (I wish I was). But there haven't really been any rumors about other fighting games coming from Capcom, as their focus seems to be squarely on Street Fighter V. That's not to say that we won't get another fighting game from Capcom, it's just that I personally wouldn't expect one to be revealed until at least 2017. That being said, the biggest non-Street Fighter fighting game they have, Marvel vs. Capcom, is one that Capcom can't afford to regain the license for right now.

They have the money, I just think its too much of a risk to give what everyone wants since its that much money. I'm just confused how apps can come out for marvel fighter, give or take it should be around 50 grand to make a game like that but its more difficult on console? There has to be something going on behind the scenes, granted I think Disney has no involvement with Marvel whatsoever.

shaowebb

That's why everyone should be going all in on Capcom All Stars.

We've all been saying that since what...maybe month 5 of vanilla Marvel? Earlier?

We all know it'd be great to see a 50 character all Capcom roster done up all crazy like an MVC style game in playstyle sorta stuff. We shouldn't talk about it too much though...it ends in roster stuff and random bouts of excitement followed by depression as we realize we have no reason to believe they'd be working on something like that.

At this point I'd have better odds of seeing The Ray join Injustice 2 someday.
It'd make sense though! I know he's niche and "my dude" but he can create Red Sunlight and is one of the most powerful dudes in DC. He'd be a great backup plan for Lex Luthor to try and use vs Superman (especially since he one shot KO-ed Superboy in his first comic with a punch)! Sure he was like 1993 to 1996 popular only but the guy would be a great tool for writers and complete mastery of energy, light speed, beams, energy form, illusions, light constructs, flight...its gold for a moveset!
Okay ...I'll stop now before 16 bit asks "Khrome is that you?"

Neoxon

They have the money, I just think its too much of a risk to give what everyone wants since its that much money. I'm just confused how apps can come out for marvel fighter, give or take it should be around 50 grand to make a game like that but its more difficult on console? There has to be something going on behind the scenes, granted I think Disney has no involvement with Marvel whatsoever.
Disney more or less lets Marvel do their own thing. Though more recently they made Marvel Studios (the ones who make the MCU films) their own section of Disney, allowing them in particular to have even more freedom. As for the gaming side of things, there was a recent ruling by Marvel that banned X-Men & Fantastic Four characters (Deadpool included) from appearing in any new Marvel games made after Contest of Champions. The only exceptions are...
  • Remasters or ports of older games made before the ban. This is how Deadpool got its remaster on PS4 & XB1 after Activision straightened things out with Marvel.
  • Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch, though both of them are only allowed on a case-by-case basis (Ex: They were in Lego Avengers, but not Marvel Mighty Heroes or Marvel Future Fight).
Seeing as the X-Men helped start the MvC series, I wouldn't be surprised if the ban (along with the expensive licensing fee) is keeping Capcom away from reopening negotiations with Marvel.

Dahbomb

You can easily make a 50 character roster fighting game with just Capcom characters.

I didn't know about the ban on X men characters in games.

Neoxon

You can easily make a 50 character roster fighting game with just Capcom characters.

Half of which are relatively niche. And there wouldn't be the booming popularity of Marvel characters to make up for that. As much as I'd love Capcom All-Stars to happen, it probably wouldn't sell that much.

Unbreakable Sub-Zero has a parry and the chip move is for more than just the chip buff. If you do a block string and cancel into the chip buff you get adv. EX version gives significant advantage.
I think this would be sweet stuff if he had Ice Clone. It just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth to have a core ability of his, maybe even his defining ability for several games, become something you have to select and make sacrifices for.

The EX version of that Ice Burst move is great. Armored launcher that is pretty hard to punish. Good AA too.
Good to know about the armor; that's all versions, right? Not just Unbreakable?

What is the move good for otherwise? Why doesn't it have an animation that suggests it's an anti-air? lol

Woah, isn't that really early?

I'm tempted to make a fan list...

Neoxon

『Inaba Resident』;191253857 said:
Capcom All Stars would be so good roster-wise.
Tons of characters you could use.
I'm not arguing against that, but how many of those can push units beyond the franchises previously mentioned (besides Dead Rising, a franchise I forgot to mention for whatever reason)? Maybe Ace Attorney, but that's a bit on the niche side of things.

Numb

Randomly tune in to floe's stream and shocked everytime
Don't understand why there was a wizard with a lazy eye and afraid to know

shaowebb

Or with just Marvel sans Xmen/Fantastic Four. Do a sorta Avengers Civil War sotry and just dump Xmen/FF from the roster if you wanna be lazy on story. UMVC3 had Deadpool (if he counts), Dr Doom, Phoenix, Sentinel, Super Skrull, Magneto, Storm, Wolverine, and X-23.

So thats like ...9 cast to replace and without Doom, Phoenix and team 10 more years its already opening up a lot of ground for the meta to completely change just off of that.

Not saying fuck those dudes, but just that if the licensing is an issue then Marvel still has enough cast that are major draws to please the FGC and casual fans using the rest of Marvel's stuff for cast. Hell just look at how Cosmic Marvel is blowing up huge alongside the Netflix stuff. They could make an all Marvel title work and take a page from Sony and contract Capcom to make em a game so there gaming sales had a presence solidified over the next gen amongst esports representing their current major characters.

If nothing else, seeing an all Marvel fighter made by Capcom forced to edit roster due to licensing would create a lot of fresh faces for folks to test out. Lord knows we love fresh movesets and characters. Its largely why TVC was so memorable to me...tons of new ideas. Still hoping to see Daredevil created in a Capcom fighter as an evolution of Yatterman-1.

EDIT: sigh...again though. We got NO REASON to believe in capcom fighting jam or all marvel stuff or any of it.

Dahbomb

Half of which are relatively niche. And there wouldn't be the booming popularity of Marvel characters to make up for that. As much as I'd love Capcom All-Stars to happen, it probably wouldn't sell that much.
Capcom All Stars will sell 2 million, just below MVC3.

Half of the cast in Smash is also extremely niche. But when you have so many niche characters you are still getting in more eyeballs to your game. Characters like Asura are from a niche game but when put in a game like this you get curious. "WOW that character looks cool!"

Like how many people ended up playing with characters like Jin, CapCom and Hayato in the older MVC games. I know I did, I didn't know who Jin was but he looked like a total bad ass and that made me like the game even more because of his existence.

Besides a game like this is ripe for monetization. You would make a bulk of your earnings from costumes when this much fan service is made available. Another thing MVC3 dropped the ball on although understandably it was more complicated for them to get new Marvel costumes approved.

The licensing costs and restrictions for using Marvel properties alone would severely limit MvC4's profits. Making a Capcom vs Capcom game would allow Capcom to make a ton of dlc, and release balance patches as long as they wanted...

shaowebb

Something Marvel 3 didn't do that I said they should have is actualy (to a degree) done in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax in japan. As you play you unlock stuff in the extras and one of them is books featuring the characters in the game. In dengeki they are novels, but why didn't Marvel throw in single comics of each character to unlock to introduce audiences to them and dangle the carrot?

Just put a marvel comics app advertisement in the game at the end of the digital comic telling folks if they wanna find out how it ends go there to get more comics. Play as a character, unlock a comic book to read on the disc starring them, entice them to finish the story by signing up for the cheap subscription service or to outright buy comics online one at a time. It'd boost sales and help bridge the game market into their comicbook sales some.

Dahbomb

The licensing costs and restrictions for using Marvel properties alone would severely limit MvC4's profits. Making a Capcom vs Capcom game would allow Capcom to make a ton of dlc, and release balance patches as long as they wanted...
Not to mention it creates more interest in their other IPs. I know for sure that there was more interest in the DMC series after MVC came out because it resulted in a substantial boost to DMC4 sales (8 year old game now). Too bad there is no good DMC3 port on steam because that would've seen even more up tick.

It's like what Sony tried with PS All Stars only Capcom wouldn't have to actually money hat their own characters.

Neoxon

Or with just Marvel sans Xmen/Fantastic Four. Do a sorta Avengers Civil War sotry and just dump Xmen/FF from the roster if you wanna be lazy on story. UMVC3 had Deadpool (if he counts), Dr Doom, Phoenix, Sentinel, Super Skrull, Magneto, Storm, Wolverine, and X-23.

So thats like ...9 cast to replace and without Doom, Phoenix and team 10 more years its already opening up a lot of ground for the meta to completely change just off of that.

Not saying fuck those dudes, but just that if the licensing is an issue then Marvel still has enough cast that are major draws to please the FGC and casual fans using the rest of Marvel's stuff for cast. Hell just look at how Cosmic Marvel is blowing up huge alongside the Netflix stuff. They could make an all Marvel title work and take a page from Sony and contract Capcom to make em a game so there gaming sales had a presence solidified over the next gen amongst esports representing their current major characters.

If nothing else, seeing an all Marvel fighter made by Capcom forced to edit roster due to licensing would create a lot of fresh faces for folks to test out. Lord knows we love fresh movesets and characters. Its largely why TVC was so memorable to me...tons of new ideas. Still hoping to see Daredevil created in a Capcom fighter as an evolution of Yatterman-1.

EDIT: sigh...again though. We got NO REASON to believe in capcom fighting jam or all marvel stuff or any of it.
Yes, Deadpool counts in the X-Men/F4 ban. The only ones who are allowed are the Maximoff Twins.

That being said, while a Marvel Super Heroes 2 would have much more of a draw for casual players than Capcom All-Stars would, it wouldn't feel the same for me personally (or a number of others) than a full-on MvC4.

Dahbomb

I think Marvel would just rather make their own competitive Marvel fighter. They can probably throw some money to get a dedicated development team going for it. It can be their venture into EEEEEEE sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom