• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yea, I really hope they should implement that into SFV.

SFV has rollback netcode, not frame delay netcode so that info would be irrelevant.

Now if it had a network readout like Rising Thunder showing the rift and rollback frames, that'd be good.

Windows 10 is fine imo. It's Windows but faster. OS upgrades aren't really something worth noticing anymore.
this is going to vary largely based on your usage. I'm a much more hardcore PC user than most, and also a software developer. I run 5 PCs in my house. Windows 10 has been great in someways, and awful in others.

For gaming its basically been smooth sailing, but for home file sharing, networking, and other things they made some very shitty changes.

Oh, actually with gaming, there was issues using a dualshock 4 for a while, luckily SCPToolkit managed to fix them

notworksafe

I can Chromecast video to my Xbone and play the Xbone on PC now. That's the only real difference I notice coming from 8, other than the obvious Start Screen issues. All other file sharing and network stuff seems to work the same for me., but I also upgraded everything to 10 at the same time.

I can Chromecast video to my Xbone and play the Xbone on PC now. That's the only real difference I notice coming from 8, other than the obvious Start Screen issues. All other file sharing and network stuff seems to work the same for me., but I also upgraded everything to 10 at the same time.
Access to fileshares on the network using standard sharing no longer works. PCs will get permissions errors even if you gave permission to "Everyone" on the source PC. The only way around it is to use homegroup sharing and grant permissions to the homegroup. This is mostly fine ocne you figure out its required, but the problem with homegroups is they require all computers to have enabled ipv6. This was something I knew I was going to get forced into eventually, but I was trying to avoid for now because I use unblock-us service which is currently only ipv4

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Its a fighting game thread

we all black here

The first thing that at least 4 people have said to me in person at tournaments was "I thought you were black."

SFV has rollback netcode, not frame delay netcode so that info would be irrelevant.

Rollback netcode still has input delay normally. It's just typically shorter and more consistent (and adjustable when implemented competently).

If you were playing against someone with 100ms+ ping but had absolutely no input delay, the game would rollback constantly because it would keep having to rewind and fix "incorrect predictions," so to speak. By delaying everything a few frames, rollbacks are less frequent because these things get "fixed" before they're even exposed for the players to see.

And on better connections (lower ping), the delay can be reduced further. Skullgirls, for example, has a delay setting that you can manually set at the start of each match, IIRC, and each player can pick different settings. (You can pick very low delay at the expense of possibly more frequent rollbacks, while the opponent can do the opposite.)

notworksafe

Its a fighting game thread

we all black here

sorry, i don't play marvel

just got notice from the post office that the last naomi game i got finally arrived and i have to go pick it up today. spent a little more than i wanted but fuck it, worth it for the only anime series worth playing.

Uploaded a couple more XRD matches. I've only been practicing with Sin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnJdFMNfrak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNtst9KeXEE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDXOf19Gi6k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZEvgabG8QI

Please critique etc etc.

Posted this in the Noob thread but decided to post it here as well since there might be more XRD players in this thread.

Couple of things; I practiced going from beak -> leap into more pressure. I usually go for j5S -> j6HS then a ground chain.. I didn't end up using it once though.

I need to find out the ranges and how long to wait before using 6P as an AA. I feel the earlier I do it = less success rate than if I'd do it later.

Grand/Ground(?) Viper reminds me of Elena's lynx tail in the fact that it isn't a block string. I don't think I blocked it fully once. I haven't really practiced against it yet, what kind of invincibility does it have? And I know I can burst out of it and get a punish but at what point should I burst?

The best option when I think a command throw is coming is to just jump right?

So it has no invincibility? Would I be able to just 2D him out of it if it's coming towards me?

Yes, if you didn't notice you've hit me out of it multiple times before. It just low profiles some attacks, just like Sol's 2D and Ky's Stun Dipper. Oh and in Dragon Install the flames have a hitbox that will reach you in the air, still funny that it worked once.

Zissou

So it has no invincibility? Would I be able to just 2D him out of it if it's coming towards me?

It has a pretty good hitbox, so there's no reason to risk trying to beat it when you can just block and punish it easily. If you get hit, you can burst right between when Sol says 'ground' and 'viper' and the burst won't hit him, allowing you to land and recover in time to hit Sol for free.

Yes, if you didn't notice you've hit me out of it multiple times before. It just low profiles some attacks, just like Sol's 2D and Ky's Stun Dipper. Oh and in Dragon Install the flames have a hitbox that will reach you in the air, still funny that it worked once.
Yea I know sometimes I have but didn't really understand why lol. Sometimes it'd work, sometimes it wouldn't.
It has a pretty good hitbox, so there's no reason to risk trying to beat it when you can just block and punish it easily. If you get hit, you can burst right between when Sol says 'ground' and 'viper' and the burst won't hit him, allowing you to land and recover in time to hit Sol for free.
Thanks the audio cue will definitely make it easier to know when to punish. I'll try it out in training mode when I can.

Normal's and special moves low profiling stuff is a thing in GG it looks like. Plenty of characters have stuff that will go under anything that doesn't touch the ground.

JeTmAn81

jesus christ

Don't bring him into this, he knew how to wear it

jesus2.jpg

"My children, thou shalt not shave one side of your head randomly, this is a great sin"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom