• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jetman can't even see out of his hair.

Its a fighting game thread

we all black here
Started from white, now I'm here.

Don't tell the police.

Actually on that note, one of my coworkers countered my "police on black violence" comments with "well yeah, but black on black violence too". Wut.

I can Chromecast video to my Xbone and play the Xbone on PC now. That's the only real difference I notice coming from 8, other than the obvious Start Screen issues. All other file sharing and network stuff seems to work the same for me., but I also upgraded everything to 10 at the same time.
I am scared as to how Win10 might break various games, Dolphin, Fightcade, my GC controller emulator, etc.

Uploaded a couple more XRD matches. I've only been practicing with Sin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnJdFMNfrak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNtst9KeXEE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDXOf19Gi6k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZEvgabG8QI

Please critique etc etc.

Posted this in the Noob thread but decided to post it here as well since there might be more XRD players in this thread.

Couple of things; I practiced going from beak -> leap into more pressure. I usually go for j5S -> j6HS then a ground chain.. I didn't end up using it once though.

I need to find out the ranges and how long to wait before using 6P as an AA. I feel the earlier I do it = less success rate than if I'd do it later.

Grand/Ground(?) Viper reminds me of Elena's lynx tail in the fact that it isn't a block string. I don't think I blocked it fully once. I haven't really practiced against it yet, what kind of invincibility does it have? And I know I can burst out of it and get a punish but at what point should I burst?

The best option when I think a command throw is coming is to just jump right?
If you upload and pick one every few days, I'll analyze it and give feedback.

Why did they have to make Laura's boobs so big, now I'll be embarrassed when my wife sees
Is your wife upset by hot women?

"Why can't your breasts be this big!?"
I can't even say that to my wife.

I actually Googled Jewish Jesus (because Jews aren't black, are they?) but they all looked like weird recreations so I just went with classical Jesus.
Wouldn't "classical" Jesus refer to the non-whitewashed version?

We all know this but how you stated it came out wrong.

I think the haircut looks dumb too but aside from the big boobs that's really the only defining feature of Laura visiually. Take away the haircut and she becomes even less interesting.
I think Laura has a great design. She feels like she could be a World Warrior. No stupid gimmicks to the costume.

My least favorite is Rashid - he feels like he was made by a focus group.
Necalli is okay, but I dislike his stutter, and I wish his SSJ form stood up straight to symbolize his transformation. It should be more than just frame data.
FANG feels a bit off, but I dig what they tried to do with him.

Where is my Beta 4?

CO_Andy

HakanWife.jpg
There aren't enough kreygasms if Hakan's wife is ever made playable :O

Mizerman

Jetman can't even see out of his hair.

Started from white, now I'm here.

Don't tell the police.

Actually on that note, one of my coworkers countered my "police on black violence" comments with "well yeah, but black on black violence too". Wut.

Yeah, those comments are always buzzwords to know what certain folk are trying to hide. At least you didn't get the whole "MLK ended racism, so stop talking about racism" spiel.

Hakan, you lucky ass bastard.

Would you take it if it meant Hakan had to come back?

I often wonder why Slayer's wife isn't a "character".

I can confirm all three of these things work just fine for me in Win10.
I don't even know what the OS looks like....I will soon, since I need to upgrade my wife so I can swap her HDD.

Yeah, those comments are always buzzwords to know what certain folk are trying to hide. At least you didn't get the whole "MLK ended racism, so stop talking about racism" spiel.
I always pose the situation like this:
In Ferguson, roughly 75% of the black population has had a warrant out for its arrest. That means there are two possibilities: three-fourths of the black population in Ferguson are criminals, or blacks are being targeted and set up by police. Which of those seems more reasonable to you?

I've never had someone counter that.

I hate Juri's voice more than Laura's hair. I honestly think Makoto would fit better in SF5 than Juri and her dumb voice. I can't wait for Balrog and Urien though.

I hate Juri's voice more than Laura's hair. I honestly think Makoto would fit better in SF5 than Juri and her dumb voice. I can't wait for Balrog and Urien though.
Hopefully Makoto comes back, too. She's definitely my favorite 3S character.

Hakan stole it all

Youu down for some DOA Karst?
Back to the 7-5 work schedule, I'm afraid. I also need a few more nights with DoA to find my character. I'm going through the full roster to see who I like to use.

Numb

Back to the 7-5 work schedule, I'm afraid. I also need a few more nights with DoA to find my character. I'm going through the full roster to see who I like to use.

Forgot the timezones. 9pm here already.
Some other day then

My biggest fear is that the loss of a fireball game and upclose nature will make people say SF5 feels more like 3S than SF2. I feel grapplers are only as fun when you have zoners to fight against. Going to be interesting since I am going to try to use Mika and Cammy and Gief.

vulva

My resolution is to just keep playing and not worry about wins or losses, just improving my mental state and optimize confirms into combos regularly. Granted I already did this but to do it every time. That and start reading frame data, makes life so much easier.

Shin taking my spot as resident punching bag and sayer of nonsense, granted I needed my ass to be destroyed by vulva to get where I'm at.

I can run some games later tonight. Taking my gf back to the airport tonight and then I can return to degen sessions

Forgot the timezones. 9pm here already.
Some other day then
Looks like it'll have to be weekends.

Like Win 7 without the glass stuff and with the Start Screen from 8 packed into the old Start Menu
That does sound good...

My biggest fear is that the loss of a fireball game and upclose nature will make people say SF5 feels more like 3S than SF2. I feel grapplers are only as fun when you have zoners to fight against. Going to be interesting since I am going to try to use Mika and Cammy and Gief.
I think this is completely wrong, and I wish I had access to SFV still so I could make a video demonstrating how amazing fireballs still are.

Laura and Mak have the same English VA so it'll be hilarious having matches against each other.
Perfect, then!

It is legit good.

QxBqtkN.png

Take note that you can add or remove as many things as you want from that sidebar on the Start Menu. Also you can turn that search box on the taskbar into a button or remove it entirely.
Can you remove that entire sidebar? Not a fan of the MS-style random boxes as shortcuts.

Fireballs in SFV are still good if you're not like standing full screen begging for your opponent to use their anti-fireball move
Yeah, there are 3 reasons to throw a fireball, and SFV only kills 1 of them. It's the people that think that one reason is the primary reason that think fireballs will be bad in SFV.

notworksafe

Can you remove that entire sidebar? Not a fan of the MS-style random boxes as shortcuts.
Not sure, tbh. I have a few things on there and set them all to be just the size of the program icon (like how the Office icons look on there), so they are much neater looking than the disjointed mess in that screenshot

Line_HTX

10 isn't as bad as I thought. For the things I do and what I play, it's almost like I never left 7.

Only difference is the Start Menu, but that's a minor issue.

So um DoA lit up an interest in 3D fighters, I know it's considered easier than other fighting games though.

That said, how tough would it be to get into Tekken? I'm thinking about Tekken 7 when it hits consoles in whenever it's "done." I need more of these games, they're a lot of fun!

Not sure, tbh. I have a few things on there and set them all to be just the size of the program icon (like how the Office icons look on there), so they are much neater looking than the disjointed mess in that screenshot

10 isn't as bad as I thought. For the things I do and what I play, it's almost like I never left 7.

It will go away if you un-pin all of that shit.
Thanks guys. :)

So um DoA lit up an interest in 3D fighters, I know it's considered easier than other fighting games though.

That said, how tough would it be to get into Tekken? I'm thinking about Tekken 7 when it hits consoles in whenever it's "done." I need more of these games, they're a lot of fun!

I would copy/paste your post, exactly as it is, without any alteration, in the TTT2 OT.

Coda

I think with a game like Tekken it's really easy to feel like you're good when playing randoms online. You only really understand what it means to be good in the game when you play high level players. I never got too heavy into any Tekken game but I want to really get masterful when Tekken 7 drops.

Numb

It also depends alot on who you want to play
There are some hard and gimmicky characters in there

Yeah, there are 3 reasons to throw a fireball, and SFV only kills 1 of them. It's the people that think that one reason is the primary reason that think fireballs will be bad in SFV.

you can remove the sidebar by unpinning all the stuff on the right and then resizing the start menu or you can put your own stuff there

shaowebb

10 has so many compatibility headaches and issues with all the various pieces of CG and game development software that I am reliant on that there is no way I am able to pop over to it. Plus it keeps "fixing" shit on its own without consent so it may as well be a mac on that level. Got some family and friends that it uninstalled shit for without permission.

Nope. Not until a few more years and a few more major updates to keep it in line. Its just too big a headache in the way of what I need complete system stability to continue working on.

ShinMaruku

Some DOA characters need some Tekken like Decidcation like Phase 4 with her just frame bullshit and knowing when to press buttons. Then you have Akira the god the beast.

I would copy/paste your post, exactly as it is, without any alteration, in the TTT2 OT.

I think with a game like Tekken it's really easy to feel like you're good when playing randoms online. You only really understand what it means to be good in the game when you play high level players. I never got too heavy into any Tekken game but I want to really get masterful when Tekken 7 drops.

It also depends alot on who you want to play
There are some hard and gimmicky characters in there
This is encouraging.

My only other experience with 3D is Soulcalibur but that's kind of not a thing at the moment ;__; Maybe I'll pick up TTT2 for cheap somewhere and start with that? Or I'll just ask that OT :)
Some DOA characters need some Tekken like Decidcation like Phase 4 with her just frame bullshit and knowing when to press buttons. Then you have Akira the god the beast.
I thought Akira would be a good starter character like Ryu given he's supposed to be the main character of Virtua Fighter, but then I looked him up.

Virtua Fighter scares me.

In my experience Tekken isn't harder to learn than other fighting games at all.

Yo Capcom, show me R. Mika's first alt now! I need a new avatar haha.
I'll be really dissapointed if it's a nadeshiko alt. I'm kind of hoping we get something like a tracksuit or something

My only other experience with 3D is Soulcalibur but that's kind of not a thing at the moment ;__;
Poor Soul Calibur... even if we ever do get a 6 I'm worried they'll keep all the changes I hated from V :/

yes you can, just delete all the squares then shrink the box.

I did this and it was a huge improvement in design, but I got annoyed at not having the network shortcuts and the like from windows 7's start menu, so I added squares for those. I still hate the squares, but the usability is good. I still put it a step behind 7's
10 has so many compatibility headaches and issues with all the various pieces of CG and game development software that I am reliant on that there is no way I am able to pop over to it. Plus it keeps "fixing" shit on its own without consent so it may as well be a mac on that level. Got some family and friends that it uninstalled shit for without permission.

Nope. Not until a few more years and a few more major updates to keep it in line. Its just too big a headache in the way of what I need complete system stability to continue working on.
windows 10 home is actually a nightmare. I had to get pro and disable so much through group policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom