• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was an engineering student before pursuing a job as a 3D artist an have been working for almost a decade in game development. Before that I was freelancing my photoshop and video editing in the NY fashion and commercial photography industry during my school summers.
Best advice I got was a.) You have to take criticism b.) you will learn to eat poop your first year and if you don't mind the taste, you will learn to enjoy it.
Good luck in LA Cindi, it's a different world from NYC.

Wow. This YRC combo in Xrd is nuts. I mean it's so simple but the amount of basic execution needed is crazy. I love this game.

In particular, one issue is dashing right during roman cancel. It doesn't always work because the timing for YRC Is soooo specific and if you aren't on your toes you can miss it.

jerry1594

Last I heard he needs extra stalls for the female bathroom
Needed like 4 bathrooms per 100 female occupants in the building and 2 for males I think. Tried telling city hall or whoever that girls don't play fighting games that much and it looks like he's SOL unless he comes up with more money.

why the hell do alpha counters clash with regular attacks? nigga the only reason I'm using that shit is to get this nigga off me like damn
tqHARym.png

I'm feeling REALLY good about this and I just HAVE to share!

Holy fuck.

UNF.

BOOM, BITCH. YEAH. UNF.

http://youtu.be/VVb-cylyvwg

Sorry, I'm excited I'm getting this games timing down. :p The amount of effort it takes to get the timing of YRC's and dashing out of a Chemical Love into a jumping slash and a successfully planted heavy is batshit.

2p side too!

http://youtu.be/OHz-wvWzQgk

Feel that fighting game grind!

BNGames

Every time I look at this game, even the EX version all I think of is disappointment and wasted potential.

I'm curious as to what you think since me and others aren't very fond of it as a game. The highlight being the tony art but that's it really.

I think its a really shallow fighter over all. It doesn't feel challenging, a couple of characters are completely OP (See the last match). The sprites look really low rez compared to the background. It doesn't have any spirit of its own. It kind of just is as it is. I wouldn't recommend it unless you like obscure fighters.

Shun

I think its a really shallow fighter over all. It doesn't feel challenging, a couple of characters are completely OP (See the last match). The sprites look really low rez compared to the background. It doesn't have any spirit of its own. It kind of just is as it is. I wouldn't recommend it unless you like obscure fighters.

That has been the sentiment for a while now, I was curious thinking that there was finally someone who liked it.

They really should have just gone with 2D sprites and not the 3D mess they tried attempting.

Really this was just a quick cash grab for Sega because tony + shining.

I really really wished this ended up being good but it only continues to disappoint.

Dahbomb

LMAO Ultradavid straight up said that SFV"s single player will be hot garbage.. expect it to be garbage.

Now to start saving up links where Capcom said the next SF will have good single player for when the game comes out and add more to the bank of "Capcom lies" list.

And then followed up by Enzo trying to damage control PR lip service which never works.

Matt Dhalgren:

“I can’t reveal specifics exactly on our story,” he told HHG “but I can say we are going to be doing things differently this time around. We’re definitely paying attention to what our competitors are doing and want to raise the bar, so our story content is going to unique, and different than any previous Street Fighter game.”

Yeah.. this time they are having a youtube movie do the story for them instead!

LMAO Ultradavid straight up said that SFV"s single player will be hot garbage.. expect it to be garbage.

Now to start saving up links where Capcom said the next SF will have good single player for when the game comes out and add more to the bank of "Capcom lies" list.

And then followed up by Enzo trying to damage control PR lip service which never works.
lmao

Can't wait to see more people complain about the single player art.

Dahbomb

There is just one caveat to that and it's that since SFV will be working as a service model, so it's very possible that they can add more single player content afterwards.

But people expecting MKX tier single player content right out of the box because Ono once said that he would like to have that sort of stuff in SFV will be sorely disappointed.

I mean I pretty much knew this was going to be the case since Capcom has done absolutely diddly squat to hype up the single player content (is there even any? I haven't heard of anything) and the game is a month away from release.

Dahbomb

If they do the esports stuff right with SFV, they don't need single player anyway.
If they want to do e-sports stuff right without having single player content then the game should be F2P. Or at the very least have a version that is F2P.

Mizerman

lmao

Can't wait to see more people complain about the single player art.

Don't remind me.

There is just one caveat to that and it's that since SFV will be working as a service model, so it's very possible that they can add more single player content afterwards.

But people expecting MKX tier single player content right out of the box because Ono once said that he would like to have that sort of stuff in SFV will be sorely disappointed.

I mean I pretty much knew this was going to be the case since Capcom has done absolutely diddly squat to hype up the single player content (is there even any? I haven't heard of anything) and the game is a month away from release.

Pretty much. Then again, misconstruing info will always happen.

mbpm1

They will go esports by making the single player FPS RPG obviously

You will level up different perks by playing and using specific moves repetitively.

Fight through different stages in a story where your choices matter

Kappa

Zissou

If they want to do e-sports stuff right without having single player content then the game should be F2P. Or at the very least have a version that is F2P.

I will be very surprised if a F2P version is not available relatively early the in the game's lifespan.

But it's terrible...
I know lol

I'm wondering how exactly that will all turn out. Six characters a year is quite a bit on it's own. Not gonna get my hopes about the DLC single player unless consumers lose their shit.
If they do the esports stuff right with SFV, they don't need single player anyway.
This is like Nintendo trying to leapfrog wearable tech with non-wearables (still have no clue what that means). They should get a handle on the basics before trying to be eeeesports.
Don't remind me.
We're gonna get flooded by the complaints eventually. Might as well brace yourself ahead of launch.
They will go esports by making the single player FPS RPG obviously

You will level up different perks by playing and using specific moves repetitively.

Fight through different stages in a story where your choices matter

Kappa
I can definitely see Urien with an Uzi. Hugo would use a rocket launcher, Alex a grenade launcher and Makoto a stun gun.
They didn't care
We'll see come release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom