• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

does it still take months for your account to be approved? i know years ago that was the one gatekeeping measure gaf used, but it doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

does it still take months for your account to be approved? i know years ago that was the one gatekeeping measure gaf used, but it doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

My account was accepted in a day but I used my fighting games website email and it was moderately known.

jerry1594

Accounts get approved at intervals so it depends how close you are. I got approved in like 2 weeks. Better known people can get fast tracked.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I assure you I am doing my best to try and have the strength to be this. I'm going to see how far I can get before I have to get help. Hopefully I get far enough to possibly find a backer. If not...I'll keep working at it. Not gonna lie though...I'm scared as fuck. All I can do is just remind myself that I have a career and all the time in the world and no life aside from this anyhow so its all the same if I succeed or fail. Its all I have that keeps me, well, "ME."

I'm not trying to be sane about this...I'm trying to be stubborn enough to prove something to myself.

giphy.gif

Doomshine

Almost 3 years to get approved for me. I got rejected twice for no apparent reason and on the third try I was finally approved.

If all goes right, I will be streaming me playing my new stick to classic arcade games tonight to break the stick in. Does that interest anyone or naw?

Dahbomb

So many subtle jabs in that latest Wise words video.

You k ow it's going to be godlike when Gootecks starts with "let's be real here Mike we are basically just Let's Play Youtubers at this point".

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
If we are talking specifically about fighting games, you're probably right but a) you have to be insane to do that as a small developer (hell, I would argue that anyone trying to launch a fighting game as a new IP nowadays is insane) and b) I think it's possible to to create compelling single player content from the core of a fighting game engine. Now is it worth the resources it would take to create that? That, honestly, comes down to just how much you have in resources.
Why do you think it's insane?

Tripon

So many subtle jabs in that latest Wise words video.

You k ow it's going to be godlike when Gootecks starts with "let's be real here Mike we are basically just Let's Play Youtubers at this point".
Mike Ross works for twitch as his day job. What scam does gooteks run on the side to justify making Cross Counter TV his full time job?

vocab

Did capcom even mention how lobbies are going to work for cross platform? How am I going to invite a ps4 player to my lobby? Please tell me its not something that's going to be added later because they didn't think of people doing that.

jerry1594

Is Valle's esports thing a dud? I haven't heard anything about it since the first WNF they did after moving to that lounge. Other than people saying it's boring and no top players going.

Did capcom even mention how lobbies are going to work for cross platform? How am I going to invite a ps4 player to my lobby? Please tell me its not something that's going to be added later because they didn't think of people doing that.

It'll probably be done using the Capcom Fighters Network that they're adding for SFV.

Tripon

Is Valle's esports thing a dud? I haven't heard anything about it since the first WNF they did after moving to that lounge. Other than people saying it's boring and no top players going.
On break, won't start again until SFV drops. No idea if its at Santa Ana or a new venue.

Welp. Didn't get the stick. Someone sold mine and it was the only one in stock.

Sigh. I'm so disappointed but I'll fuel that it into working on GG hard tonight.

Dahbomb

That sounds so much like Capcom that it wouldn't shock me if it never occurred to them.

Watch lobbies not evolve beyond SF4 and MvC3, and only allow one player to play at a time.

Hell that was hilarious that vanilla MvC3 lobbies didn't have any spectating, just dancing boxes...

Where can I find custom arcade parts online? I may just pull the trigger on a 150 rap4 and I don't like the dude bro tech look. Where do I go to my stick cute?

Shun

Where can I find custom arcade parts online? I may just pull the trigger on a 150 rap4 and I don't like the dude bro tech look. Where do I go to my stick cute?

arcadeshock has some exclusive sanwa pushbuttons from Street Fighter, BlazBlue, and Guilty Gear if you're not able to get it from Japan.

Depends on what exactly you want, do you want to change the art, just the buttons, the top.

SF4_Chibi_button_chart_large.png

jerry1594

Did well actually, just on hiatus.
This was during the season though. Somebody mentioned it could be cause sf4 was over and no one really cared. We'll see how sf5 does.
What's dudebro about it? It's not an american computer part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom