• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry1594

I hear people say this, but don't offer an alternative.
Yeah I dunno. People kind of go in really hard on teyah and people reading into his stuff. I have two pcb's on his 360 list (ps360+ 2.03 and vxsa) and i don't notice a difference. I'm not an og tech guru or anything though. I will play on the ps360 stick more to get used to the jlf but i doubt the slightly less than a frame lag will cost me a clutch tech or whatever.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Holy shit, I was having dinner with the Black Eye dude like 2 weeks ago, really chill guy. Spoke to him in Japanese for a bit and said onii-chan to see how he would react. He just said "Ehhhh, you're one of those guys?!" lol

Dahbomb

Holy shit, I was having dinner with the Black Eye dude like 2 weeks ago, really chill guy. Spoke to him in Japanese for a bit and said onii-chan to see how he would react. He just said "Ehhhh, you're one of those guys?!" lol
ROFL! You got what you deserved son!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
ROFL! You got what you deserved son!

lol, we kept on drinking the night away eating wings and drum sticks and labeled him as my aniki. i wanna play Xrd so bad now that I'm starting to understand what the hell is going on with this stream. Honestly, the game looks slower than marvel but I have to play a match before I stand by that.

It's definitely slower than Marvel. But what game isn't?

I'm actually curious now... A game doesn't come to mind since I'm just an 09er.

lol, we kept on drinking the night away eating wings and drum sticks. i wanna play Xrd so bad now that I'm starting to understand what the hell is going on with this stream. Honestly, the game looks slower than marvel but I have to play a match before I stand by that.
It's definitely slower than Marvel. But what game isn't?

vulva

We talking custom stick art? All my photos aren't great but still super happy with how my art came out.
cuQ7lUD.jpg

Swarna

15 ms of lag on a display compared to a faster one would make it garbage tier and the complaints would be endless. But 15 ms on a controller (even worse because it only puts you at a disadvantage) is somehow not important anymore?

Not saying the testing methodology being used there is proper (I don't know) or that those sticks actually have the stated amount of input lag but I've seen the above sentiment a few times and always get a chuckle out of it.

It's always nice to minimize input lag on your end when you play on different types of set-ups in general. Still baffled as to why input lag testing on arcade sticks isn't already a standard practice in the FGC.

I would have said the same shit to you.

I would think that if stick lag were a noticeable problem that players like 801 Strider would not be using "laggy" sticks in tournaments. Highly seasoned players would feel it, same as they can feel a laggy monitor.

If any madcatz stick had terrible lag (ie 16ms or more) the entire competitive FGC would notice and tell each other not to get it.

If the numbers on those charts are real (which I'm skeptical about), I would like to know why there haven't been numerous, noticeable complaints from top players yet.

I would think that if stick lag were a noticeable problem that players like 801 Strider would not be using "laggy" sticks in tournaments. Highly seasoned players would feel it, same as they can feel a laggy monitor.

If any madcatz stick had terrible lag (ie 16ms or more) the entire competitive FGC would notice and tell each other not to get it.

If the numbers on those charts are real (which I'm skeptical about), I would like to know why there haven't been numerous, noticeable complaints from top players yet.

follow the money
Kappa.png

MechaX

Just spent a million fucking hours preparing for a trial I have tomorrow for a case I inherited from someone else at the last second and came to the conclusion that I am absolutely fucked.

I guess it's time to watch Next Level.

Edit: Oh come the fuck on fuck this free ass match, I'm going to bed, fuck this shit

Anne

There's like a threshold where it becomes somewhat noticeable, around the 20ms+ area. That's p rare and even then small enough with all the diff variables people might not notice it.

I do question the results though. Like it has to be an extreme difference to even feel like what those numbers are saying.

Also I guess once you start doing drills on a stick and only use that one stick it becomes not a thing to you.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I would have said the same shit to you.

I feel a strong vibe coming from a couple folks, I said it sarcastically. He caught on that it was a joke since we ridiculed the notion of loving this kind of stuff lol

I even started calling him senpai just to fuck with him since he's obviously a native from japan, the alcohol did its work.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
God I hate it when people give me shit lol

pretty sure japanese bros call eachother "aniki", unless you're a little girl

lol, we kept on drinking the night away eating wings and drum sticks and labeled him as my aniki. i wanna play Xrd so bad now that I'm starting to understand what the hell is going on with this stream. Honestly, the game looks slower than marvel but I have to play a match before I stand by that.

I like the TE+. It's smaller and I like its shape and I plan on customizing that. Plus, it has a nice price.

Now I need to think of how I want to customize my stick with my own artwork. I'm thinking of painting the shell pink and have the background of the art white for contrast. In terms of actual art...I'd like to draw cute chibi characters of my favorite fighting game characters.

I want a white ball on the stick and I want a pink swirl around the circumference of the ball, like the dreamcast logo. Is replacing the ball easy? Can you have people customize the ball or do you paint it yourself like you would the shell?

Eventually, I'd like to put in white buttons.

Yeah that sounds like a rad stick.

jerry1594

That's too bad. Aesthetic and no ggpo don't help at all.
It has a dedicated and not super small playerbase in Japan according to one of the 4 dedicated yata players in the west.

Line_HTX

Who needs a stick when you have game center around? All I need is my SEGA APM/Nesica/Banapass.

My current Banapass

My stick is back in California anyway. I considered making a dakistick months ago because I thought it was fucking hilarious but I chose not to after contacting the person who made it. Too much effort. Besides I stopped using Noel, I've been all Bullet for a while.

I have fighting edge and I posted my HRAP here before, simple with just characters I use. Waiting for Guilty Gear BlazBlue Radio buttons.

My PS3/PS4 HRAP until Hori makes a new Fighting Edge. Or if I ever win one of those MadCatz TE2 sticks from MarkMan giveaway.

The dude told me that apparently you are supposed to play it like a cello. I can post his guide later.

Nice Makoto Bananapass you got there. I'm guessing you can get any im@s character as a card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom