• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was during the season though. Somebody mentioned it could be cause sf4 was over and no one really cared. We'll see how sf5 does.

What's dudebro about it? It's not an american computer part

It's that fancy tech look that I don't like that reminds me of an Alienware computer. I know the target audience tends to think they're cool, but I don't. I want my stick cute as fuck.

arcadeshock has some exclusive sanwa pushbuttons from Street Fighter, BlazBlue, and Guilty Gear if you're not able to get it from Japan.

Depends on what exactly you want, do you want to change the art, just the buttons, the top.

SF4_Chibi_button_chart_large.png

The entire top with the Kai logo, the buttons, maybe even the stick because I need it to be color coordinated. I'm not sure what I can do about the outer shell plate because it's black.

Wait, what? I thought you were going to a nearby Fry's to pick one up. What happened?

I did but apparently they actually didn't have any stock despite saying they did.

Shun

It's that fancy tech look that I don't like that reminds me of an Alienware computer. I know the target audience tends to think they're cool, but I don't. I want my stick cute as fuck.

Is this what you had in mind when you meant cute? There's a guide.

Bo7XuMRIcAEjNL5.jpg

But really, tell us exactly what you're looking for. I already linked you Arcadeshock for custom character buttons. You could go to other places. Depends on how much work you wanna put into custom it.

Beckx

Where can I find custom arcade parts online? I may just pull the trigger on a 150 rap4 and I don't like the dude bro tech look. Where do I go to my stick cute?

I used Focus Attack for all the parts in my cab plus a few stick mod projects. Art's for printing artwork and new plexis.

Shun

The entire top with the Kai logo, the buttons, maybe even the stick because I need it to be color coordinated. I'm not sure what I can do about the outer shell plate because it's black.

I did but apparently they actually didn't have any stock despite saying they did.

You can't do anything about the outer shell unless you're willing to prime and paint that yourself.

If you want to change the art, you need to get a template for it and choose which art you want, then have someone print it as a decal so you can press it on after you peel off the original art.

There are plenty of custom buttons you want, you can even do custom art on your buttons. The arcade stick thread will be of more help to you than here.

Skilletor, Markman, and notworksafe can probably help with custom more.

Bo7XuMRIcAEjNL5.jpg

But really, tell us exactly what you're looking for. I already linked you Arcadeshock for custom character buttons. You could go to other places. Depends on how much work you wanna put into custom it.

No, that's absolutely disgusting.

What you posted is tacky. What I'm talking about is CUTE.

1ssPWcX.jpg

0T6i6WK.jpg

I'd actually be fine with the stick and buttons (maybe not the stick ball though) like this maybe. But that tacky Kai logo and emo goth look has GOT to go.

Looking at these sticks, most of them are Mad Catz. Is Mad Catz more customizable than Hori?

Shun

Just the Madcatz TE2 is more custom friendly, most sticks you need to custom the art with a template regardless and with a madcatz you may even need a new plexiglass.

You definitely need to find a HRAP4 Kai template and someone to print you a vinyl print of the art you want on your stick if you want something like that.

You'll need to peel off the original art and go seal on your own.

As your custom buttons, you'll need to find transparent buttons and art to put in between the button and plug.

I'm not the best resource since I only changed buttons, but I did provide you a framework.

Try asking the people I mentioned earlier if they have something to help you with

There is going to be someone who already custom art the HRAP 4 and you'll have better luck with them than me.

You will also need to be comfortable with the wiring and screws and taking things out because you will have to remove some things so that you can apply for stuff.

Just the Madcatz TE2 is more custom friendly, most sticks you need to custom the art with a template regardless and with a madcatz you may even need a new plexiglass.

You definitely need to find a HRAP4 Kai template and someone to print you a vinyl print of the art you want on your stick if you want something like that.

You'll need to peel off the original art and go seal on your own.

As your custom buttons, you'll need to find transparent buttons and art to put in between the button and plug.

I'm not the best resource since I only changed buttons, but I did provide you a framework.

Try asking the people I mentioned earlier if they have something to help you with

There is going to be someone who already custom art the HRAP 4 and you'll have better luck with them than me.

You will also need to be comfortable with the wiring and screws and taking things out because you will have to remove some things so that you can apply for stuff.

Thanks so much. I mostly just want to change the art.

I always leaned Hori because I've always been fond of their products AND it was cheaper than a TE2. But...maybe I shouldn't get the Hori if customization is important to me?

shaowebb

Meh. I printed a new piece of art for my TE just fine. Just designed it in photoshop with a layer above it of the layout downloaded from the Shoryuken thread. Helped me layout the stuff I needed. After wards I bought some buttons, unscrewed the base, and the buttons are all snap in easy peasy stuff to swap.

MnZTJ.jpg

Only thing is you might want to buy a custom colored case or side panels and at that point you gotta start swapping a bit more out. Just more stuff to unscrew and keep organized really. Nothing too hard. I've modded my stuff a bunch. Heck I recently just put a new PCB into my Iron Fist stick so I could use it for PS3, PC, PS2 and via adapter Wii for TVC, SamSho, KOF orochi saga and shmups.

I always leaned Hori because I've always been fond of their products AND it was cheaper than a TE2. But...maybe I shouldn't get the Hori if customization is important to me?

Hori used to involve soddering. This may have changed and depending on your PCB you may not have to worry about it if you change your wires out for zero delay branded stuff along with your button change out. Hori sticks though generally involved the most work for modding though outside of mayflash which required dremeling out the button holes alongside of changing out all the buttons, stick and sometimes pcb.

Just remember if you duel mod and swap your PCB (primary circuit board) you wanna sometimes dremel a better slot for it into the plastic case. Plastic frame gauging the board from the case can result in sticks randomly cutting out as the signal jumps past the plastic to the circuit or even result in tension and damage to the PCB over time or upon impact.

Shun

Nowadays Madcatz custom is easier with the TE2 now because they have the push open hatchback, but I cannot justify the steep price for it. Everything else is just typical unscrew the bottom/top panel and replace.

I mean you'll enjoy customizing your stick, it is part of the process. What you're asking is nothing too hard, just ask around for the template and go to a local place that can print a vinyl decal for the art and you are good.

Nowadays Madcatz custom is easier with the TE2 now because they have the push open hatchback, but I cannot justify the steep price for it. Everything else is just typical unscrew the bottom/top panel and replace.

I mean you'll enjoy customizing your stick, it is part of the process. What you're asking is nothing too hard, just ask around for the template and go to a local place that can print a vinyl decal for the art and you are good.

The price is ridiculous on the TE2. What the hell, Mad Catz?

miku

Bo7XuMRIcAEjNL5.jpg

Is that your new stick Shun?

Bo7XuMRIcAEjNL5.jpg

id high five the shit out of this dude. Thats so fucking stupid its brilliant

Shun

Is that your new stick Shun?

Who needs a stick when you have game center around? All I need is my SEGA APM/Nesica/Banapass.

My current Banapass

My stick is back in California anyway. I considered making a dakistick months ago because I thought it was fucking hilarious but I chose not to after contacting the person who made it. Too much effort. Besides I stopped using Noel, I've been all Bullet for a while.

I have fighting edge and I posted my HRAP here before, simple with just characters I use. Waiting for Guilty Gear BlazBlue Radio buttons.

My PS3/PS4 HRAP until Hori makes a new Fighting Edge. Or if I ever win one of those MadCatz TE2 sticks from MarkMan giveaway.

id high five the shit out of this dude. Thats so fucking stupid its brilliant

The dude told me that apparently you are supposed to play it like a cello. I can post his guide later.

No, that's absolutely disgusting.

What you posted is tacky. What I'm talking about is CUTE.

1ssPWcX.jpg

0T6i6WK.jpg

I'd actually be fine with the stick and buttons (maybe not the stick ball though) like this maybe. But that tacky Kai logo and emo goth look has GOT to go.

Looking at these sticks, most of them are Mad Catz. Is Mad Catz more customizable than Hori?

about the same. Friend has the hello kitty stick. it's pretty dope

Do we do matchmaking in these threads or do we relegate ourselves to the OTs?

Whatever.

PC Xrd (I'm US East though feel free to join if you're from anywhere)
Room ID - mho4

Astarte

Bo7XuMRIcAEjNL5.jpg

This guy has a pedigree for fantastic stick stuff

I4UqBlh.jpg

Like this skeleton "stick"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom