• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmaah

Those sf5 sticks really come out the day of sf5 release? I need to buy a stick and have it before the game comes out. What's my best bet? I want that blue TE2. Sexy af.

What's up with Marie Rose's little twirly moves, and Lei Fang's arm wavy move?

Yeah they have a whole line and collection for the iM@S 10th anniversary for all the 765 characters.

Maiko isn't playable sorry

Thanks for letting me know, man. :-(

Azure J

I'm totally late but after hearing someone here mention "the best Sol mirror ever" on NLBC tonight, I had to look into it and I was not let down. Holy fuck. :lol

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
15 ms of lag on a display compared to a faster one would make it garbage tier and the complaints would be endless. But 15 ms on a controller (even worse because it only puts you at a disadvantage) is somehow not important anymore?

Not saying the testing methodology being used there is proper (I don't know) or that those sticks actually have the stated amount of input lag but I've seen the above sentiment a few times and always get a chuckle out of it.

It's always nice to minimize input lag on your end when you play on different types of set-ups in general. Still baffled as to why input lag testing on arcade sticks isn't already a standard practice in the FGC.

Exactly.

I would think that if stick lag were a noticeable problem that players like 801 Strider would not be using "laggy" sticks in tournaments. Highly seasoned players would feel it, same as they can feel a laggy monitor.

If any madcatz stick had terrible lag (ie 16ms or more) the entire competitive FGC would notice and tell each other not to get it.

If the numbers on those charts are real (which I'm skeptical about), I would like to know why there haven't been numerous, noticeable complaints from top players yet.

I'm surprised this is coming from you of all people.

Stream tournaments long enough and you're certain to run into a bunch of know-nothing know-it-alls complaining about input lag on both ends of the spectrum. ("Your shit obviously lags" when it actually doesn't, or "feels fine to me" when something is 2+ frames behind.) There's a reason why I've sunk a few hundred dollars into equipment primarily used for latency testing; I need to cover my bases for these kinds of situations. Even some "top players" have been blown up for making a stink over imaginary lag on tournament monitors on Twitter when Art/Spooky had testing equipment on-hand to call them out on it.

Pretty much all of the criticism I've seen directed at Teyah's results has been embarrassing and anything but scientifically sound. He's explained his testing method pretty thoroughly. If someone has a problem with it, it would be quite easy to duplicate his tests and see whether they're accurate and consistent or not.

Grakl

This guy has a pedigree for fantastic stick stuff

I4UqBlh.jpg

Like this skeleton "stick"
This guy is one of my friends at school and goes to the fighting game club I run, it's great

Astarte

I still have quite a few PS3 sticks so I'm a bit :/ about buying a stick just for PS4 when the Skullgirls driver exists. I know that no one besides Capcom will even think about that shit so I guess I'll take that L.

This guy is one of my friends at school and goes to the fighting game club I run, it's great

Tell him I'm a fan, his stuff is great

I still have quite a few PS3 sticks so I'm a bit :/ about buying a stick just for PS4 when the Skullgirls driver exists. I know that no one besides Capcom will even think about that shit so I guess I'll take that L.
it amuses me that NRS was the one to make sure to implement it, when I'm pretty sure the vast majority of MK players prefer pad. I know I prefer pad on MK despite primarily using a stick
Pretty much all of the criticism I've seen directed at Teyah's results has been embarrassing and anything but scientifically sound. He's explained his testing method pretty thoroughly. If someone has a problem with it, it would be quite easy to duplicate his tests and see whether they're accurate and consistent or not.
also the only other actual testing I've seen, that video post here where the guy hooked up both sticks and just tested clashing normals, corroborated Teyah's results. That wasn't the most scientific testing, but it is the only other thing out there that isn't hearsay and it agrees with Teyah

I much prefer Hori sticks shell to mad catz. Slopes for your palm rather than plexi, and non of the bullshit that came with the TE2, but since I couldn't find an HRAP4 hayabusa I skipped hori. That input lag is bad on every stick since the HRAP4 Kai

Beckx

Reposting my question whether' anyone has a Brook converter and how it's working for them (ideal if you're using the 360 to PS4 version, which is what I need)

Just spent a million fucking hours preparing for a trial I have tomorrow for a case I inherited from someone else at the last second and came to the conclusion that I am absolutely fucked.

Throw coffee at the opposing counsel, that seems to work p.good to discredit their position.

there's not a day that goes by I'm not glad I fled litigation. ya'll are wired all strange :p

Fighting Zato reminds me of fighting Dark Phoenix
Have you watched Evo 2015 top 8 for Xrd? There's a lot of Ogawa play there, which means you can see how top players handle Zato. Ogawa is in his own tier of Zato play - no one comes close. I was watching grand finals of a stream with Zato last night, and it was laughable compared to his divinity.

jbug617

Banned
Seems like Tokido has been playing KI. He, Mago and Momochi talking about it on Topanga. Can't tell if he likes it or not.

CO_Andy

Didn't know there was a new Metal Slug game coming, and its non-mobile to boot. EXCITE!

Pretty much all of the criticism I've seen directed at Teyah's results has been embarrassing and anything but scientifically sound.
Haven't heard MadCatz' R&D lead (MarkMan) dispute the article, so that pretty much confirms its accuracy to me.

Tripon

Didn't know there was a new Metal Slug game coming, and its non-mobile to boot. EXCITE!

Haven't heard MadCatz' R&D lead (MarkMan) dispute the article, so that pretty much confirms its accuracy to me.

Metal Slug Attack is the mobile game.

Skilletor

He said something about it a long time ago when Teyah first started posting the tests.

notworksafe

He said something about it a long time ago when Teyah first started posting the tests.

I’ve seen test results on Teyah.net (great research btw) and videos and postings in the past. Yes, some PCBs react slower (milliseconds) vs others. Is it detrimental to gameplay? At the tested ratings, no. If it was, we would make changes to improve the product, as we’ve done throughout the life cycle of said products. Additionally, we wouldn’t see the results (from tournaments) that we’ve seen over the past 5 years if it was a game changer.
http://markman23.com/2014/07/07/pcb-lag-differences-make-or-break-your-experience/

The TE sticks also don't fall in the range where it would really matter either. Well all of them except for 2 variations of the PS3 stick, older ones from the looks of it.

BadWolf

MarkMan's right in saying it hardly affects gameplay when guys like Daigo are steamrolling his adversaries just fine on the TE sticks.

Yeah and didn't Momochi win EVO using a Madcatz stick after his own failed?

Doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

Skilletor

I swear I don't know how people notice jiggle in game unless it's win poses. I'm too busy attacking and moving to know whether or not breasts are swaying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom