• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear I don't know how people notice jiggle in game unless it's win poses. I'm too busy attacking and moving to know whether or not breasts are swaying.
its the same as when a cape or hair is stiff to me when its not there. using DOA as an example, using the natural or DOA setting on there and everything is fine, but if I set it to OMG or off everything looks awkward as fuck

wish western devs would start implementing something believable. Would go a long way to making sex scenes in games like witcher and dragon age look less like plastic dolls smacking into eachother

Skilletor

Do you notice other subtle graphical effects?

I notice cloth animation because that's typically not covered up by a character when attacking. More often than not, it actually gets in the way. Hair is the same thing. It's not covered up by attacks.

I just don't see chests on display when characters are constantly in motion.

aren't decent breast/ass jiggle physics actually pretty complicated? I mean it's the main feature of the DOA games and they didn't even do it well for 10 years. I can understand western game companies not bothering to add it to their game, especially if they aren't appealing to otakus.

Pretty much any natural looking real time procedural motion for objects is hard. It's just another aspect of uncanny valley where reality is too hard too replicate properly so its easier to just have an artist whip up something that looks close enough to what you expect.

FinKL

I would think that if stick lag were a noticeable problem that players like 801 Strider would not be using "laggy" sticks in tournaments. Highly seasoned players would feel it, same as they can feel a laggy monitor.

If any madcatz stick had terrible lag (ie 16ms or more) the entire competitive FGC would notice and tell each other not to get it.

If the numbers on those charts are real (which I'm skeptical about), I would like to know why there haven't been numerous, noticeable complaints from top players yet.

This conversation happens at least once a month and I always feel compelled to chime in, although I'm not a electrician/stick guru, I'm pretty lag sensitive (I swapped to an iPhone once I "felt" it was less responsive than an Android and saw that testing corroborated my theory)

I'm sure the #'s are right, but no one talks about them because all the PS4 sticks "feel" the same. That's because a few ms difference is unnoticeable

Anyway, I don't know if this was brought up, but they are bringing SFV to Vegas! Final build before retail I hope?

Skilletor

We're talking about boobs and ass again? Jeez.

There's a reason this is in community.

One of my wife's employees plays GG and BB with friends, but he's a lot better than they are. My wife tells him that I play, so I'm bringing a PS4 to work tomorrow to play a random at anime, lol.

Personally I don't see skin colors there are just humans to me

yeah_eddie_murphy.gif

Objection.... you're horrible.

damn

Beats

Looks like you can use the GC controller fairly easily now in the new update for Rivals of Aether. You still need to use the gcn adapter driver, but it's pretty much plug and play when that's running.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Indeed
Think it was from Off,natural and DOA tier
Turned it off and didn't look back

Uh.... I'll keep it at off or natural.

You can have the kids play Nun Fighter with you

Kappa

Nuns? That sounds even worse lol

Good choice in Makoto colors. Q.

:p

I don't even wanna play Blazblue. Too many games, why can't their be a good anime game.

I stomped you last time we played. Thats where my frame of reference is

57145459.jpg

I don't even wanna play Blazblue. Too many games, why can't their be a good anime game.

Play UNIEL

Is the next UNIEL game coming to PS4?

Maybe. Aksys said they'll have a playable demo of [st] at some convention coming up without saying what the platform is. There is also that recent French Bread interview where they talked about bringing one of their current games to console or something a long those lines. If [st] does come to console, I imagine it might be handled like the new Dengeki Bunko. PS4/PS3 with cross-play.

I don't know, I think they're all pretty good to varying degrees. I recently tried picking up BlazBlue again, and it's better than I remember. I'm still having a hard time with BB's neutral game, but I'm finding it worth learning.

I played against GAF's resident GDLK Carl player yesterday, Roe-Bear. Haven't had a stomping like that since I played the old Guilty Gear XX games back when I was 15-18 years old.

I don't know, I think they're all pretty good to varying degrees. I recently tried picking up BlazBlue again, and it's better than I remember. I'm still having a hard time with BB's neutral game, but I'm finding it worth learning.

I played against GAF's resident GLDK Carl player yesterday, Roe-Bear. Haven't had a stomping like that since I played the old Guilty Gear XX games back when I was 15-18 years old.
yea, that sounds like a Roe-bear fight, and good news for us not roe-bear people, Carl is a fucking beast in Central Fiction

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I wouldn't mind playing real Q in an anime game.

Learn GG with me.

Oh yeah, another beginner like me lol, im down for some games this weekend

I played against GAF's resident GDLK Carl player yesterday, Roe-Bear. Haven't had a stomping like that since I played the old Guilty Gear XX games back when I was 15-18 years old.

I miss getting stomped.

ShinMaruku

We're talking about boobs and ass again? Jeez.
It's natural law
its the same as when a cape or hair is stiff to me when its not there. using DOA as an example, using the natural or DOA setting on there and everything is fine, but if I set it to OMG or off everything looks awkward as fuck

wish western devs would start implementing something believable. Would go a long way to making sex scenes in games like witcher and dragon age look less like plastic dolls smacking into eachother

I recognize the jiggle when people beat the clothes off characters. :E But really you should never expect western devs to do work on something they see as pointless, they don't get into the weeds like other devs also nobody beats on their craft like team ninja.

Hell yeah. Check out the new phone case.
xiqhJzt.jpg
I got a blazblue case off of some sketchy taiwanese site

It's natural lawI recognize the jiggle when people beat the clothes off characters. :E But really you should never expect western devs to do work on something they see as pointless, they don't get into the weeds like other devs also nobody beats on their craft like team ninja.
western devs though are going a long way towards trying to create believable worlds though. Consider the hair tech they implemented in the original tomb raider. I think the main reason body physics are ignored is due to western devs worrying about getting backlash. Hopefully they start introducing tasteful improvements, especially witcher and bioware games

the only thing I want is one of those cellphone cleaner things that arcade shock sold a while back. Friend has a ken one for his stick and man is it nice

Marz

Have you watched Evo 2015 top 8 for Xrd? There's a lot of Ogawa play there, which means you can see how top players handle Zato. Ogawa is in his own tier of Zato play - no one comes close. I was watching grand finals of a stream with Zato last night, and it was laughable compared to his divinity.

Sako is very very good. Even does some things better than Ogawa imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom