• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you; just wanted clarification. I'm not even sure I'd call a game without assists a "team" game in the first place.

TvC even feels more like a game between multiple point characters than a team game like Marvel, due to how limited the assists are there.
If it doesn't affect the neutral, IMO it doesn't affect the subgenre.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
IPS is the worst part of Skullgirls. Literally just a mechanic that exists to make the game less fun.

Also CVS2 is the greatest 3v3 fighter of all time you scrubs

I know people who are really into Skullgirls that champion this as a reason the game is good. I haven't played much of the game but IPS sounds fucking boring

I could pull a DryEyeRelief and just shoehorn any opportunity to shit on the game every other time I posted in this thread, even when it's not topical in the least.

1. "even when it's not topical in the least" I only shit on it when its the current conversation. I don't care for the game, so I don't bring it up myself.
2. When it comes to this thread, a bunch of people are guilty of shoehorning some sort of obnoxious view, posting something just to start shit or repating a joke that's been beaten to death. I learned from that.

Dlent

IPS is a pain, especially with the addition of the undizzy system, but at least they accomplish what they were both designed to do; it's not just about preventing infinites, but making SkullGirls a never ending series of ridiculous resets at high levels. Mike Z opted for easy reset creativity rather than easy combo creativity, but a lot of the players never get there or don't really like it.

Wow didn't know SolarPowered had that many alts

8250351838_d59405dfce.jpg
I come back from 3S fightcade to this...

Dahbomb

IPS is a pain, especially with the addition of the undizzy system, but at least they accomplish what they were both designed to do; it's not just about preventing infinites, but making SkullGirls a never ending series of ridiculous resets at high levels. Mike Z opted for easy reset creativity rather than easy combo creativity, but a lot of the players never get there or don't really like it.
I actually think it's the opposite... I think the IPS was put in to promote creativity. Well the initial version of it anyway... the point of it was to make as long of a combo as you can and as intricate as you can without repeating moves.

Issue was that the initial version of IPS still resulted in really long combos (or even pseudo infinites/loops) that killed a character anyway so the distinction between infinites and non infinites wasn't a relevant one. It's like saying MVC3 doesn't have non TAC infinites as if it matters because people die in a standard BnB anyway.

Skullgirls reset game is great though. Mike Z definitely understand what it took to make a reset game legit in these games.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yo god damn, people are tearing each other to shreds...

Since we being real here for a second, let me air out some dirty laundry. Never heard of JC playing a fighting game so he's probably the only person who acts like he's good when he doesn't play FG's, Kadey isn't relevant anymore, god knows what Panda does besides jump in when there's an anime joke he'd like to say and God's Beard is a swell guy.
\s Its all in good fun folks lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRCeq-4-Mic

I wish SF V had bigger combos.
/s

Great job generalizing the game with only one character.
Don't mean to sound like an asshole lol

To my knowledge, I only remember Chun Li, Karin, R Mika and Ken having extensive combos like that. Even then, only Chun reaches those levels of hits in SFV.

To my knowledge, I only remember Chun Li, Karin, R Mika and Ken having extensive combos like that. Even then, only Chun reaches those levels of hits in SFV.
Ken lost most of his combos in beta 3. Here's hoping he get's his ex fireball loop back.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
So much for SFV having longer combos. The game is fine as is, concentrates on the good stuff, footsies and strategy.

Nah, there's only one person here that I doubt plays fighting games. Ever.

Now I'm curious as to who this is... Wanna play a game of guess the gaf member?

Since we being real here for a second, let me air out some dirty laundry. Never heard of JC playing a fighting game so he's probably the only person who acts like he's good when he doesn't play FG's, Kadey isn't relevant anymore, god knows what Panda does besides jump in when there's an anime joke he'd like to say and God's Beard is a swell guy.

Nah, there's only one person here that I doubt plays fighting games. Ever.

Part of the fun is to make a team based off of looks, synergy, playstyle, gameplan, or esthetics. Having such a large roster plus 3 assist choices and the base abcS jbbcs super made people learn what teams work for them from a casual level.
I miss casual m vc3 with my workmates.
Everyone is playing hearth or smash now I feel.

Here he was trying to get me interested in sfv and you had to ruin it

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Do you want us to go further into excommunication with half of the shit we talk about in here Vulva? Please save us the hassle.

CO_Andy

Throwing money at a new fighting game IP is a lot like throwing money at a new MMO; very, very few will ever see success.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Maybe they can pick up the Beasts Fury talent

ay lmao

Real talk tho, these indie fighting game developers need to be in it for the long haul if they want to succeed in today's market. By that I mean making sure the art direction isn't alienating, clear direction on what the game should be, post-launch support, everything.

Also, what is the fucking point of announcing a fighting game with no gameplay footage. That's a huge red flag for me.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ay lmao

Real talk tho, these indie fighting game developers need to be in it for the long haul if they want to succeed in today's market. By that I mean making sure the art direction isn't alienating, clear direction on what the game should be, post-launch support, everything.

And this is why me and shao sit down and talk for 5 hours at a time about shit like this. Because you have to.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The one person here that declined to do the FGW spotlight. I think it's because he couldn't answer any of the questions.

Wasn't that Dry Eye Relief? I thought he declined it because he's generally pissy

Hey I played marvel just today. I suuucked

Nightii

Banned
....what exactly would be a not alienating visual style for a new fighting game, though? Really, I'm drawing a blank here.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ok I was playing against my friend's Pikachu the other day with my Ryu and I swear I couldn't grab that little shit ever. Only grab him as a punish. Does his grab just not reach that low or something? He also went under my up tilts but I expected that at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom