• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, no one excited about the subtle hinting of Sodom in a future update of SFV?

I wonder if anybody remembers the miniature fighting game Capcom included in Mega Man 7.

Pretty sure that one falls into the ecchi catagory. Pretty much the only reason i pay attention to BlazBlue is because of Mai: she's a cool character. If she ever showed up in game proper i would definitely start playing the game.
If he does end up being included, Street Fighter V would continue the trend of consistently scraping the bottom of barrel for Alpha picks. Cody, Adon and Gen were the only cool ones in SFIV too, for that matter.

Maki and Eagle, now those would get me excited.

redbull kumite will be coming back this year. their esports twitter account just revealed that jwong and gamerbee will be two of the 16 players competing in the invitational. more info can be found on the fb event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1627871747476028/

They really going to hold back announcing Bonchan and Snake Eyez? OK, I guess we could use the suspense.

As for JWong getting a invite, it's a new game and Justin is a legend in the FGC. I think it's fine to invite him. I don't think they should only invite the guys who finished as the best SF4 players. I think it's good to give guys like Justin or maybe even Sako(who never shows up nowadays) a chance to compete in a invitational like this. It's a competition, but I also look at it as a show. And these guys can help bring in the crowds.

Shun

CYNZt84WAAAKB3b.png

this is why im learning millia for xrd...

Hoping part 2 and 3 revisions buff. I had hopes that Bullet was buffed a few weeks ago but all that was crushed at the game center weekly's results. I'll still stick with those two but I'm just sad... that I might really have to learn a new character instead.

Fuudo's team won the national tournament back in the summer. I believe he won about $15-25k individually. After that tournament, he started to focus on Street Fighter again. He's the only one out of himself, Mago, Daigo, Tokido, etc... who still play the game at that level. I think Mago still plays casually sometimes.

He's one of the testers for Gunslinger Stratos 3. Mago did commentary for it too.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hakumen is the one character I've yet to see a Nine player beat.

Also, seems silly to judge Nine after a month of play, especially when I've only just seen competent Nine play for the first time this week.
This is how I feel about Mu but i've only seen one good player
This whole Beast's Fury situation is just mind blowing. New fighting game devs better take notes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Sq6pkQBTc

Yeah me and shao went over stuff like this at the start

Rhapsody

Banned
The BBCF list matches my own experiences on it. Just move Mu and Kokonoe up.

As for Rachel, people already figured out she was strong around week 3. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone seeing her in the strong category if people have been watching stuff. Any N starter in the corner with 50 heat is 5k just like that. Amazing corner carry as well since we're doing air dash combos.

Also, anyone in the weak category isn't labeled as unusable or anything. They're pretty underwhelming compared to some of the characters that'll make them hit some walls.

But pretty much everyone's skill level here, it won't even matter.

Anne

The new Blazblue looks like a lot of fun. I hope it has good netcode so I can actually play it.

Top ranked Izayoi atm and N-O Hibiki/Rachel here btw. N-O gets destroyed as Hibiki but destroys when he goes Rachel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7URr75Su7X4

If I get the chance to play this game I'll probably switch to Rachel or Litchi. I do think Tao ended up around where I expected, but I was pretty skeptical. Still wanna play somebody else if I can though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
『Inaba Resident』;191627594 said:
People will do it with any fighter.
I've seen it more with V though but thats probably because Capcom has been so "hands-on" with it.

Nah the arcsys hate train goes like this

New version "OMG BEST SHIT EVER" -> balance of said version "STOP NERFING SHIT" -> "Final balance of said version" WTF WHY IS THE GAME SO FUCKING STAGNANT NOW -> New version " OMG BEST SHIT EVER"

Anne

Tbf a lot of those complaints about the ASW cycle of stuff are completely valid, people just go extremely overboard with them. It's a really good excuse to stop playing or investing into it though.

There is a lot of valid criticism to be had across most of these games, people just really fixate on them and use them as excuses to put them down. Is just life at that point though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Tbf a lot of those complaints about the ASW cycle of stuff are completely valid, people just go extremely overboard with them. It's a really good excuse to stop playing or investing into it though.

Oh that was my own thoughts on the matter :p

shaowebb

Yeah me and shao went over stuff like this at the start

Yeah, I think we even brought up the whole Beast's Fury thing once or twice about how it was. It was definitely on my radar. Don't know why the dude thought money makes things happen. You gotta know what your doing and do it yourself. You can't just promote and get a bunch of people involved and ask for money for "ideas" like that. Plus you gotta be clear on what the project is and be honest on that.

Main thing everyone will be happy to know is I have no fucking intention of going to kickstarter. Fuck. That. I'd desperately seek a publisher first or pay for it slowly out of my own pocket. If I can't make it on my own with a career to keep my bills paid why the fuck would I ask for money? I'll pay for whatever I need myself, do everything if I can (which is everything but sound design and the extremes of combat design). Whatever this thing makes (if anything) is just gonna get split up somehow between Q and Me since I'm building everything and Q is there to guide me as I go. If it doesn't make anything then GG. We had a helluva ride and at least the two of us will have been able to play something we came up with together, but it sure as shit wouldn't have been at anyone else's expense and if it ever became something that was a burden to Q I'd tell him to kick me to the curb and know he'd still be entitled to stuff later.

What criticisms do people have of SFV at the moment? I haven't really kept up with it all that much.

Combos are too easy and now people who have low execution can now be as good as people with high execution!

Apparently!

So far the only legitimate complaint I've seen of SFV gameplay wise is the shorter range of normals and most agree that could easily change between now and release.

Why are so many people willing to trash SFV before it even comes out?

I'm new to day one'ing fighters.

most of the 09er FGC is new to the fighting game lifecycle. SFV will only become a good game once SF6 comes out, and people only stopped being passive aggressive about SF4 once SF5 was announced

It's like how MvC2 and 3S and CVS2 are suddenly the best fighting games ever made, even though people hated those games while they were actually being played

most of the 09er FGC is new to the fighting game lifecycle. SFV will only become a good game once SF6 comes out, and people only stopped being passive aggressive about SF4 once SF5 was announced

It's like how MvC2 and 3S and CVS2 are suddenly the best fighting games ever made, even though people hated those games while they were actually being played

Am I an 09er? What is an 09er?

mbpm1

What criticisms do people have of SFV at the moment? I haven't really kept up with it all that much.

"There are no combos lol"

"No diversity of options in mid range"

"Slow walkspeed"

"Stubby buttons"

"No frame advantage"

"Shit throws"

etc

the points on normal and throw ranges are valid imo, but no point in getting too huffy before the final release.

Stubby normals are good for promoting footsies because you have to position yourself well to use them. A lot of normals in SF4 are good enough to where you don't need perfect spacing to use them. This is part of why Nash and Vega seem so strong, they have good normals in the medium range. It's also worth noting that Vega and Nash have no reversal other than super.

Thulius

Shorter range in SFV, especially on some of the classic normals (most notably shoto cr.MK) effectively increases average walkspeed and significantly cuts down on the one-button ground game that so many characters play in other SFs. A lot of the long range normals in SFV are standing moves that either whiff crouchers or can be low profiled by other moves. It's definitely an intentional design choice and comparing them to the normals in a game with focus attacks and invincible backdashes is weird.

petghost

Banned
I think the stubby normal thing isn't a universal complaint. Like I think chuns, karins, giefs etc buttons are not very stubby at all. Ryu on the other hand... I think the complaint mainly has to do with him. Shoto cr. mk is about as short as I remember it ever being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom