• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayad

Only thing I ever preordered was Bloodborne DLC, few hours before release... Preordered SFV from amazon for beta code then canceled the preorder, so that doesn't count. :3

xCobalt

Fam is from Chavs and those are bellends. Breh I account for just usual bullshit slang.

In this context, I don't think its specifically from Chavs. People are imitating black culture/language. It was way worse when Lee Chung or Sci was on stream consistently.

Numb

Don't think i ever pre-ordered before
Tried with SFV on psn cos it doesn't require more discs later and wanted digital but it wouldn't take my cash right away so cancelled it.(dammit EU why you gotta protect us)

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Pre-ordering games this gen seems even dumber than usual considering all the broken and buggy releases.

SFV is obvious. Dark Souls doesn't eff up that bad and I'm sure From learned with Bloodborne and loading screens. Uncharted is up in the air. Those are the only important games coming out >_>

xCobalt

I think I've preordered every game I own in the past 2 years or so. Maybe except 1 or 2.

There's always preorder deals in Canada every year. If I can save 30% on each game, I'm doing it.

Tripon

I preordered Xenoblade Chronicles X for the collector edition. I also preordered Rodea and also never opened it because I know that will be a valuable game that I can flip later.

I preordered SFV for the beta access.

I make it a policy to never pre-order games, it's just easier to deal with instead of having to consider every preorder bonus or trying to judge how good a game is from a trailer.

I've had a bunch of shitty experiences with preorders, but I've never regretted not preordering game. Nowadays it takes like a week of patches for a game to be remotely playable anyways, so you might as well wait.

Mizerman

I usually don't preorder games unless I feel that it's worth doing. Otherwise, I just straight up buy the game from the store or online.

I plan on pre-ordering SFV. I just need to find some kind of good deal. I don't understand why Steam Codes are sold at physical retailers, but digital codes aren't.

Didn't take you for a tier whore
DOA?
I need a few more days with DoA to figure out my character still.

I am not a tier whore, but it's never fun to play a low tier character, or to find out that the character you are excited about is low tier.

That would be nice. I guess it's not so much just that normals are stubby but that they feel even more stubby cause they don't seem to have much correlation to their animations for some folks.
Exactly how I feel.

How many fighters have hitboxes/hurtboxes/grabboxes match the models and animations perfectly? This is not a jab, I am genuinely curious about it.

I don't even mean it just for stubby buttons and moves, it also applies to air punches that connect and the likes of.
It's not about "perfect", it's about "reasonable". Ryu's c.MK shouldn't result in his ankle going through Chun's entire leg and not hitting her.

Nine's just kind of ok right now. People still need to figure her out. As of right now, don't get hit by low/kunzite lol
There was a new video that showcased better stuff for her, but her neutral at the moment isn't spectacular. She needs to get something started or hope people get clipped.

Japan likes popping ODing with her at the start, always. I don't agree with it.

And after CPEX, I'd say that Normal mode is just a "weak" phase in quotes. It's no longer a liability, it's so good.
What is so good about her normal mode now?

I suspect that a few of Nine's spells will get buffs in the console release period. I agree that, right now, 99% of Nine play is high/low with the rock, but I doubt it's the most effective way to play her. The sprite has been putting in work on recent streams I've seen by Shadow. However, I have only seen the gravity spell used once in the last month, and NO ONE uses the ram's head, even though I think it's key to the Kagura, Hakumen, and Iron Tager matchups. The mirror is used infrequently, but there are key matchups where it seems critical, like Hazama and Izayoi.

Her FFF and WWW spells are pretty crappy for the neutral; they could use some buffs. I wouldn'y mind AF having a few more hits on it, because going away after 1 is pretty weaksauce.

Nine's Overdrive is also pretty craptastic, and Fist of God should probably track at superjump height. It's a mediocre tool right now.

Numb

I need a few more days with DoA to figure out my character still.

I am not a tier whore, but it's never fun to play a low tier character, or to find out that the character you are excited about is low tier.

Don't get too good tho
We are supposed to scrub it out

Numb

No worries, man. I'm not even playing the game, just going through movelists in training mode. Since each character has 70-100 moves, it takes a while. :-(

I just use what i learned in the challenges
Can't remember all those strings all the time

I pre-ordered SFV, Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls III. I can't help myself.
JDSKMam.png
even added 2 today

and I have preorders for Tomb Raider and Life is strange CE for PC on the square enix store

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
even added 2 today

and I have preorders for Tomb Raider and Life is strange CE for PC on the square enix store

You probably have a real job ;_;

Being a student worker is grind city all day. Hopefully once I graduate, I'm in a more stable position.

Ayyy

ND is the most overrated developer on earth.

They make quality man, games fill very fluid. As for story with the Uncharted series, that's up for debate. I have The Last Of Us ready to play from Black Friday shopping so I'll see if it lives up to its fame.

ShinMaruku

In this context, I don't think its specifically from Chavs. People are imitating black culture/language. It was way worse when Lee Chung or Sci was on stream consistently.

I never linked it when they went ham with it, it's fine in small measurements but you have have stream chat you should know these people are bellends and you never give them oxygen, you drown them.

Dahbomb

Pre-ordering games this gen seems even dumber than usual considering all the broken and buggy releases.
If I had said this then Enzo and Beef would've been on my ass over it.

I had to pre order DMC4SE for the free costumes though. I will probably pre-order DS3 too because it comes with a nice day 1 edition that has an official soundtrack. And of course I pre-ordered SFV for the beta.

I haven't pre-ordered outside of these 3 games though. Only time I actually needed to pre-order (as in to secure a copy because it had less copies) was with DMC3SE. Capcom did not expect that update to that well.

Anne

Don't think there is anything to say Izayoi normal mode is weak, more like her OD is bullshit and new burst mechanics favor her just doing that shit.

MrDaravon

A really long time ago (like....10 or so years ago) my wife and I would pre-order everything way in advance, would full pay it off at Gamestop just as a way of budgeting. Suffice to say that stopped with quickness several years ago with game releases becoming more of a shitshow. Now I only pre-order if:

-There's potential for it to be actually rare or hard to find (ex Xenoblade CE, Fire Emblem Fates CE, Devil's Third etc)
-The game has a highly compelling pre-order bonus and I am fully confident I actually want to get it day one (pretty rare now)
-I get in on an unusual pre-order glitch or deal of some kind, like when Target and Amazon had a bunch of games up for $40 pre-order prices like Uncharted 4, KH3, etc
-It's a niche game and I actually want to "support" it even being brought out, usually applies localisations for me like Yakuza 5, Final Fantasy Explorers, DQ7, etc

Most of these scenarios are pretty rare though; right now all I have pre-ordered is Final Fantasy Explorers & Fire Emblem Fates CE. I pre-ordered SFV at Amazon just to get a code, but cancelled there and will wind up going with PSN to get the Chun outfit.

Just ordered the HORI Fighting Commander 4 fight pad (PS3/PS4/PC). It's $29,97 right now:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TKLFES8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

salty af I paid $44 for this 2 months ago and have barely used it :(. Totally worth it for pad players though.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Floe is streaming the Cooperation Cup if you're not into Japanese commentary and instead want to watch Floe play with his Peekaboo.

FC4 is good for a padhack as well.

That's how I'm looking at it. I bought one of them just the other day, and it is a very fine fighting game pad. If I get tired of it, I can always use it for a padhack.

...or I'll probably just spend another $30 to get another one for a padhack.

Rhapsody

Banned
What is so good about her normal mode now?

I suspect that a few of Nine's spells will get buffs in the console release period. I agree that, right now, 99% of Nine play is high/low with the rock, but I doubt it's the most effective way to play her. The sprite has been putting in work on recent streams I've seen by Shadow. However, I have only seen the gravity spell used once in the last month, and NO ONE uses the ram's head, even though I think it's key to the Kagura, Hakumen, and Iron Tager matchups. The mirror is used infrequently, but there are key matchups where it seems critical, like Hazama and Izayoi.

Her FFF and WWW spells are pretty crappy for the neutral; they could use some buffs. I wouldn'y mind AF having a few more hits on it, because going away after 1 is pretty weaksauce.

Nine's Overdrive is also pretty craptastic, and Fist of God should probably track at superjump height. It's a mediocre tool right now.

Normal mode is just super buffed. You have safe jump setups into OSes, really good footsie buttons, strong frame traps, etc. GA Mode is certainly ridiculous, but there MUs where Normal mode is pretty useful when it's not set play. However with OD and D Sonic Saber changes, it's so easy to steal that turn and make it setplay anyways. Utilizing jD air stall is also amazing for Normal mode (and GA I suppose).

The sprite is good, especially on oki. Shadow as a Nine player is ok, imo. Shadow's pretty strong that he's able to switch mains with each game but I sort of feel like that holds him back. He's gotten better with Nine though, but there were others I liked more (can't recall the names). Ram head is the one with armor? It's only body attribute and it goes away if you ever block something. Didn't seem to strong when the socal Nine's tried to use it on me.

Mirror's ok. My friend tried to use it against my Izayoi. Doesn't really do much imo since it's still difficult for Nine to deal with Izayoi from getting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom