• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever i watch high level 3rd Strike it makes me a bit sad Cap never bothered to rebalance the game.

Not sure where their priorities are when they can fund two ports of 3rd Strike (3rd Strike Online and the Nesica edition) and a gazillion ports of SF4.
Well blame SSF2T HD remake. People didn't like the balance changes that it brought and reverted back to the older version of SSF2T.

Q on stream, now things go interesting!

EDIT: And by interesting, i meant quick work for that Ibuki

BibleThump

IF i win the powerball, i will make a 3s Tourney with stringent character bonus. 1st place pot is $500, then any non-vortex/twin/chun gets a multiplier up to 500 times!

ShinMaruku

I can understand why people dont like gaf tbh... It takes effort to get in and is moderated in a really severe way so it has this country club kinda thing about it.
Exactly.

I really like Marie Rose's moveset, but I refuse to pick that character. :p

Here are the 6 characters I've narrowed myself down to:
Helena
Nyotengu
Rachel
Lei Fang
Momiji
You like her moveset but don't wanna play her, Lei is the next best thing. Actually the better thing. Helena and Momiji are great for newer players. Lady Stoute will take some time to get into. All of those dames are great.

I
I am not a tier whore, but it's never fun to play a low tier character, or to find out that the character you are excited about is low tier.

Aren't tiers only useful for high level players?

More BB plz, need a reason to practice Nu again. Besides it being more fun ofcourse.

I'm planning on picking it up again since I haven't played in a long time.

I need to chase those glory days.

peter0611

Exactly.

You like her moveset but don't wanna play her, Lei is the next best thing. Actually the better thing. Helena and Momiji are great for newer players. Lady Stoute will take some time to get into. All of those dames are great.

Momiji is newb friendly then? :D

That's good, I've been hearing how the ninjas tend to take a fair bit of learning to make work compared to the rest of the cast. I've been trying my best to make it work, and it's certainly easier than doing 360's off holds.

Dahbomb, take all that money from your S tier job and buy some internet.

Aren't tiers only useful for high level players?

I'm planning on picking it up again since I haven't played in a long time.

I need to chase those glory days.
It depends on why the character is the tier he/she is. For example, MvC2 Sentinel and Magneto are top tier, but if you aren't a high level player, they will hold you back because they are hard to play. However, Vanilla MvC3 Wolverine was top tier, and easy as hell to play. You can sometimes feel tiers in intermediate play if the character is really BS.

Exactly.

Cool.

It's always been a thing hating on the cool kids. Hate what you are not part of.

They hate us cause they ain't us

tumblr_mw486kFGzS1qi7iyqo2_r1_400.gif

ooohhh NOW i learned why the yuns spam the low shorts while crouching in. the silhouette eventually covers Yun and you can't see what he will do! so they sneak in an overhead when completely blocked!

ShinMaruku

Momiji is newb friendly then? :D

That's good, I've been hearing how the ninjas tend to take a fair bit of learning to make work compared to the rest of the cast. I've been trying my best to make it work, and it's certainly easier than doing 360's off holds.

Momiji and Misty are the funny ninjas great for newbies, but if you want to do their craziest shit you will need to do work, that said great tools Momiji is fairly safe, her combos are good. Advanced stuff is like the rest of the ninjas.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Both at the same time?

nah man, you crazy. one for dinner then one for midnight snack :v

I can understand why people dont like gaf tbh... It takes effort to get in and is moderated in a really severe way so it has this country club kinda thing about it.

we aint welcome there kind here

sorry if this has been posted

but spidey in marvel: contest of champions literally steals chun li's SFV animation

I don't want to draw any conclusions here, but I think it's safe to say Marvel 4 is 100% confirmed.

I like the way you think.

petghost

Banned
Think there should be a thread in gaming for coop cup tomorrow? It'd be cool to get people who wouldn't otherwise know to check out high level 3s.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
YO HOLD DAT L SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

YOU AINT GOT NOTHING ON ME TURTLE!

Edit:

We'll become the Necalli brothers and wreck havoc across the network!

GAF is a nice place. Don't know why somebody would hate on it. Never had a problem here or feel constrained or limited on what I post in OT or gaming.

I try to post like I talk to co-workers I am not close with. Can still have varied and open discussion. Maybe I am just mild mannered.

YO HOLD DAT L SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

YOU AINT GOT NOTHING ON ME TURTLE!

Edit:

We'll become the Necalli brothers and wreck havoc across the network!

s'allright i seem to remember taking 6/9 to your 9/6, even though i only had my novice e.roo and went even with your rolento :p

so i got the losing record, but i gained the most!

no salt here, adversity is how we grow!

Doesn't yams play Rolento?

we necalli prospects are working on our fundamentals with Roos and ERoos

Dahbomb

Dahbomb, take all that money from your S tier job and buy some internet.
Nevah!

Internet was fine earlier, I was playing against randoms. Cox over here is really inconclsistent and unreliable for online play especially during night times.

And this is the best available around here for consumer usage unfortunately.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
What does Ryu at 10% mean? Don't make me have to do this mbpm1.

Doesn't yams play Rolento?

I play Rolento, Ryu and Gief. Ryu is my favorite character cause of how basic he is. Pure fundamentals.

s'allright i seem to remember taking 6/9 to your 9/6, even though i only had my novice e.roo and went even with your rolento :p

so i got the losing record, but i gained the most!

no salt here, adversity is how we grow!

we necalli prospects are working on our fundamentals with Roos and ERoos

I recall my Rolento bopping you but okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom