• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
Any more info on mu rhap? There is pretty much only one player in Japan putting any work in on her and it's kinda depressing seeing how strong she looks lol.

Haha you really do live in amiibo paradise

My friend's been putting in the time. 6C I think is pretty gorilla now. Get tagged anywhere near the corner and I just lost like 4k. It's awful lol. My friend think she's pretty broken and underrated, so I'll probably see more of her. Overall, she gets confirms pretty easily. That new move that turn the bits red and homes in on you does so much hitstun. Around super jump height if I got tagged non CH, it's pretty much untechable until I reach the ground.

I've only fought Mu with Hibiki and Izayoi. I've been winning more than my friend with Hibiki, but he still hasn't completely caught on to things that I feel like are gimmicky, but the MU is pretty difficult for me regardless. As Izayoi... well I still stand by that she's like Vergil in this game and is pretty ridiculous lol. I don't think Izayoi has any real bad matchups.

I think Mu's DP is still 14 frame startup or so like CPEX, regardless of GP removal which sucks for Mu. This means you can still meaty and block a reversal DP. She has backdash to mix it up, but yeah, Izayoi doesn't care.

Any more info on mu rhap? There is pretty much only one player in Japan putting any work in on her and it's kinda depressing seeing how strong she looks lol.

Haha you really do live in amiibo paradise
basically everything is absurdly common in japan. for 1100 yen a piece I bought charizard, duck hunt dog, palutena, and lucina

Dahbomb

Karsticles you down to play some DOA5 tonight at 10 pm cst on PS4?

I have not spend more than the training mode time on the game. And that was like a few months ago so I probably forgot everything in it. So scrub levels will be off the charts.

Normal mode is just super buffed. You have safe jump setups into OSes, really good footsie buttons, strong frame traps, etc. GA Mode is certainly ridiculous, but there MUs where Normal mode is pretty useful when it's not set play. However with OD and D Sonic Saber changes, it's so easy to steal that turn and make it setplay anyways. Utilizing jD air stall is also amazing for Normal mode (and GA I suppose).

The sprite is good, especially on oki. Shadow as a Nine player is ok, imo. Shadow's pretty strong that he's able to switch mains with each game but I sort of feel like that holds him back. He's gotten better with Nine though, but there were others I liked more (can't recall the names). Ram head is the one with armor? It's only body attribute and it goes away if you ever block something. Didn't seem to strong when the socal Nine's tried to use it on me.

Mirror's ok. My friend tried to use it against my Izayoi. Doesn't really do much imo since it's still difficult for Nine to deal with Izayoi from getting in.
My theoryfighter goes like this: certain characters, like Tager and Kagura, can't touch Nine without using some kind of rushing attack. They just don't have the range or speed. They can catch Nine with these attacks, though. If Nine uses the Ram, she can go full offense and not have to worry about those attacks.

I do feel like too many of Nine's spells are about the oki, and too few are about the neutral. She could have used a spell like Dormammu's 3D0C.

I agree Shadow isn't the best Nine, but he seems to be the Nine that there's the most footage of. I think Sugi is really impressive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPAmCpyk9FA#t=0m00s

He makes use of most of Nine's spell repertoire, and he knows how to get the most out of all of them. Shadow tends to just go for kunzite overheads over and over.

Karsticles you down to play some DOA5 tonight at 10 pm cst on PS4?

I have not spend more than the training mode time on the game. And that was like a few months ago so I probably forgot everything in it. So scrub levels will be off the charts.
I want to man, but I need to figure out who my character is first. I'll start going through more command lists now.

countblackule, i wanna roll my face on the buttons with SOL against you. gimme a time!

countblackule, i want to take my hour 1 venom with absolutely 0 combos against you. gimme a time!

Block your eyes from everything other than The King of Pop

Xrd Revelator will welcome you with open arms if you ever get tired of SF5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMx8wxDa-1w

q6phK5n.jpg

1 month to go, i wanna have 10k fights under my belt!

Only 436 fights to go!

I really like Marie Rose's moveset, but I refuse to pick that character. :p

Here are the 6 characters I've narrowed myself down to:
Helena
Nyotengu
Rachel
Lei Fang
Momiji

I don't know any of their inputs, so if anyone is ready for super low level 1v1, let's go.

one month til I can delete XRD off my HDD

one month
I place a curse upon you: one month after the release of SFV, you will be able to think of nothing but Xrd. You will crave it. Sin combos will run through your head every moment of the day. You will wake up tapping out his inputs. Soon, SFV will be on your HDD, but it will fall far back off your list, with Xrd Revelator as your new #1 game for life.

countblackule, i want to take my hour 1 venom with absolutely 0 combos against you. gimme a time!
Blackule isn't as bad as he likes to pretend.

Some folks on the Co-op cup twitch chat are not fans of GAF, lmao.
Just self-hating GAF-ers.

ShinMaruku

We had a beginner and gaf lobby today for anybody new to learn the game. As long as BBoy and Yoyo stay out you are all fine.

I place a curse upon you: one month after the release of SFV, you will be able to think of nothing but Xrd. You will crave it. Sin combos will run through your head every moment of the day. You will wake up tapping out his inputs. Soon, SFV will be on your HDD, but it will fall far back off your list, with Xrd Revelator as your new #1 game for life.

if the curse is cocaine then maybe

is revelator going to be a full price game?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Some folks on the Co-op cup twitch chat are not fans of GAF, lmao.

There's a site dedicated to hating on GAF. Mostly butthurt former members. People hate on GAF yet they find the need to lurk all the time. That's an oxy moron.

I really like Marie Rose's moveset, but I refuse to pick that character. :p

Here are the 6 characters I've narrowed myself down to:
Helena
Nyotengu
Rachel
Lei Fang
Momiji

I don't know any of their inputs, so if anyone is ready for super low level 1v1, let's go.

playin? can't find you

CPS2

I get where they come from tho. I just hate Jimmy Kimmel so much (not sure why) and spend hours every day on social media just letting everyone know how much I hate Jimmy Kimmel. He sucks! That's what I'm into these days.

petghost

Banned
I can understand why people dont like gaf tbh... It takes effort to get in and is moderated in a really severe way so it has this country club kinda thing about it.

CO_Andy

Whenever i watch high level 3rd Strike it makes me a bit sad Cap never bothered to rebalance the game.

Not sure where their priorities are when they can fund two ports of 3rd Strike (3rd Strike Online and the Nesica edition) and a gazillion ports of SF4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom