• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

CO_Andy

G1gUIfZ.gif
This is exactly what the next KOF wanted to look like.

Dahbomb

It's going to be hilarious seeing Tekken lore enthusiasts try to explain Akuam's existence in the Tekken universe.

Should've just kept it like the VS series where Akuma just crosses dimensions seeking challenge.

Now I want Akuma in DMC5.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It's going to be hilarious seeing Tekken lore enthusiasts try to explain Akuam's existence in the Tekken universe.

Should've just kept it like the VS series where Akuma just crosses dimensions seeking challenge.

I want Akuma in DOAX3

Is anyone interested in any SFIV at NEC?

or is the feeling gone after Capcup?
I feel like we saw the peak of the game last week. Why watch an event with subpar competition in comparison?

I think Tekken and SF sharing a universe feels right.

Dahbomb

I thought Ono said in an interview that TxSF has been shelved? Or was that him just trolling.

I feel like the novelty of TxSF will get diminished if they plan to put more SF characters in T7.

Sayah

Grayfox made much better gifs.

yeMzhjE.gif

6pln9vA.gif

t0sJJS1.gif

I thought Ono said in an interview that TxSF has been shelved? Or was that him just trolling.

I feel like the novelty of TxSF will get diminished if they plan to put more SF characters in T7.

There was no source for that.
Nobody recalls Ono saying that on stream.

Dahbomb

That looks like copyright infringement to me.

Unlike in other IP where Akuma comes in... here they are trying to make it canon and be part of the overall story. Like Ryu/Akuma crossing over to fight in MVC3 isn't canon to anything but Akuma in T7 appears to be canon. That's a bit weird to me. Are there other SF characters in this universe or do they have to travel across dimensions to get here?

Tripon

Unlike in other IP where Akuma comes in... here they are trying to make it canon and be part of the overall story. Like Ryu/Akuma crossing over to fight in MVC3 isn't canon to anything but Akuma in T7 appears to be canon. That's a bit weird to me. Are there other SF characters in this universe or do they have to travel across dimensions to get here?
That is a real game.

Sayah

Also, having played Tekken 7, it has the meatiest hit and sound effects in any fighter I've ever played. It was just the modeling/defaults that needed improvements - and they seem to have done that now. The stages already looked amazing before but they made them even better.

I'm likely investing in a sound bar for this game.

You're right, those are better gifs. Stupid ass Lars isn't anywhere to be seen.

lol

jerry1594

It's a legit crossover with Ryu, Chun, Honda Guile and maybe a few others. Fucking dead at the horses' matching hairstyles lol

As others have stated that's a real game.

I think Capcom is being really open about letting street fighter characters appear in other properties these days...probably because Capcom is strapped for cash. There are street fighter characters in that Granblue fantasy game too.

I feel like we saw the peak of the game last week. Why watch an event with subpar competition in comparison?

lol this reads like one of my posts

Dahbomb

As others have stated that's a real game.

I think Capcom is being really open about letting street fighter characters appear in other properties these days...probably because Capcom is strapped for cash. There are street fighter characters in that Granblue fantasy game too.

lol this reads like one of my posts
It's not that Akuma is in another game... it's that they are trying to tie him into the main story. It's more than just a guest character appearance. Now people who follow the lore have to fill in plot holes to explain Akuma's existence in the Tekken universe.

It's not the same as putting Akuma in a Sumo racing game or DMC characters in Project X Zone or VS games. It's like if they put Akuma in DMC5 and the story reasoning was that he was hired by Mundus to kill Eva/Sparda.. well the people who care about DMC lore will be slightly pissed.

I personally don't care about lore but I can see this annoying some people. That's all I am saying.

Sayah

It's not that Akuma is in another game... it's that they are trying to tie him into the main story. It's more than just a guest character appearance. Now people who follow the lore have to fill in plot holes to explain Akuma's existence in the Tekken universe.

It's not the same as putting Akuma in a Sumo racing game or DMC characters in Project X Zone or VS games. It's like if they put Akuma in DMC5 and the story reasoning was that he was hired by Mundus to kill Eva/Sparda.. well the people who care about DMC lore will be slightly pissed.

I personally don't care about lore but I can see this annoying some people. That's all I am saying.

After Tekken 6, I don't think many people cared for Tekken lore anymore, which is why you don't really see too many people upset over Akuma's inclusion in the plot.

Maybe if this had happened after Tekken 5, there would have been more outrage.

Still sucks for the few people that still cared about Tekken lore.

Perro

They are gonna kill heihachi, aren't they? Should've been Jin and Lars cuz they suck.
Kinda hype for Tekken, Akuma looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom