• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

You realize you're like the only guy in this thread who gives a fuck?
I actually don't, congrats on the reading comprehension skills. Other people do (look in the thread on gaming side, some people actually do not like it) I was playing devil's advocate.

I don't think I have followed Tekken's story since T4.

I want some like, official announcement of the death of TKxSF.
You can't kill something that wasn't even alive. Vaporware happens but it's amazing that we even get to have something out of it. I have worked on at least four cancelled, just prototyped, defunded games with nothing to show except artwork I can't even show on my reel.

DunpealD

Are you just trying to get yourself banned for shitposting?

Or do you just hate bears and lore THAT much.

While we are talking about lore. With the inclusion of Akuma in Tekken 7 it has become more likely that the bear in SFV Zangiefs stage is actually Kuma from Tekken!

Will be interesting to see how they are implementing Akuma considering the difference between 2D and 3D playstyle.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can we have a Merkava vs Merkava match?
tumblr_n9lyniyvrC1spivfbo1_1280.gif

Sayad

Reactions to Akuma in T7 makes me think about TTT2's Soop Dog deal, how much did Akuma's licensing and development cost compared to Snoop's stage, lol.

kirblar

Reactions to Akuma in T7 makes me think about TTT2's Soop Dog deal, how much did Akuma's licensing and development cost compared to Snoop's stage, lol.
Probably less money (almost certainly a trade here) and w/ much greater upside.

Dahbomb

Probably a lot less than the Snoop deal.

But I am guessing that the agreement covers more than just Akuma in Tekken.

I kind of care about Tekken's lore. Not as much since 5 but a little.

Game needs to hurry up and come out so I can play Katarina.

Anne

That is what people are saying, Arakune sneaks in too. I'm expecting Tsubaki to be strong but not retain top 5 status or anything.

Numb

Guess who got 1st place in his tourny? Me!
win.png

Yeah baby
1302123272941201222.gif

All these Smash players trying to steal my prize
5I5s8.png
.(Not gonna give up those gamestop credits
mjcry1.png
easy ) And some killers outta nowhere making me lose my first match and freaking me out
whoo.png
. But beat their ass later. Today was a good day for Tekken.

ShinMaruku

Guess who got 1st place in his tourny? Me!
win.png

Yeah baby
1302123272941201222.gif

All these Smash players trying to steal my prize
5I5s8.png
.(Not gonna give up those gamestop credits
mjcry1.png
easy ) And some killers outta nowhere making me lose my first match and freaking me out
whoo.png
. But beat their ass later. Today was a good day for Tekken.
giphy.gif

HardRojo

Come next year I'll be juggling games between SFV, Revelator, Tekken 7 (if it comes out for consoles next year) and KoF XIV. 2016 is going to be amazing!

Numb

Come next year I'll be juggling games between SFV, Revelator, Tekken 7 (if it comes out for consoles next year) and KoF XIV. 2016 is going to be amazing!

There is some good eating in the future
Don't forget all those anime games that'll come out of nowhere like usual that no one will play

It's not that Akuma is in another game... it's that they are trying to tie him into the main story. It's more than just a guest character appearance. Now people who follow the lore have to fill in plot holes to explain Akuma's existence in the Tekken universe.

It's not the same as putting Akuma in a Sumo racing game or DMC characters in Project X Zone or VS games. It's like if they put Akuma in DMC5 and the story reasoning was that he was hired by Mundus to kill Eva/Sparda.. well the people who care about DMC lore will be slightly pissed.

I personally don't care about lore but I can see this annoying some people. That's all I am saying.

Yeah I'm surprised more people aren't mad. Like imagine if it were Kratos was being integrated into the story. No complaining that Akuma is in over one of the Chengs or Nina. I guess that's the power of Street Fighter for you.

Sayah

Yeah I'm surprised more people aren't mad. Like imagine if it were Kratos was being integrated into the story. No complaining that Akuma is in over one of the Chengs or Nina. I guess that's the power of Street Fighter for you.
What a false comparison.
Kratos falls within a universe based around greek mythology. It's completely different than having Akuma.

Tekken's story is already insane enough. Adding Akuma to the mix isn't that big of a deal to most people.

Numb

They should put Cloud in Playstation All star battle...
But seriously tho put Jinpachi in SF5. Dude already has a fireball and like 2 DPs atleast. Even teleports

DRE Fei

The game has a bear fighting against a kangaroo and that's NOT the craziest thing in it.

They can do anything with the story at this point, so why not go ahead and do it? Dark Hadou is basically the same idea as the devil gene anyways, so of course akuma fits in there.

Line_HTX

Inafune is doo-doo.

Lars poking game is still pretty great. The armor and hair look better than before. :p

I mean... I'll care for the story a little, but I'm not going to take it seriously since I know that it's already silly. You'll have to look no further than how story went in Scenario Campaign, haha

If Kazumi enlisted the help of Akuma, I guess I'm OK with this. Thanks Ono-san for this pretty neat twist though.

What a false comparison.
Kratos falls within a universe based around greek mythology. It's completely different than having Akuma.

Tekken's story is already insane enough. Adding Akuma to the mix isn't that big of a deal to most people.

Would you be okay if it were a Mortal Kombat character instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom