• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunpealD

What a false comparison.
Kratos falls within a universe based around greek mythology. It's completely different than having Akuma.

Tekken's story is already insane enough. Adding Akuma to the mix isn't that big of a deal to most people.

Looking at the Tekken movie I can agree with that.
Also it's the final chapter of the Mishima story, so I guess it was a good opportunity to introduce a guest character to feel out the gameplay.

shaowebb

It would seem I have an extra Steam key for KOF 2002 Unlimited Match.

First to post a picture from KOF 2002 Unlimited match can have my steam key of it.

Ifd1d4J.jpg

.la1n

Who was you guy's favorite character design from the tekken side in sfxt? Some of them made really cool sf characters.

I thought Yoshimitsu looked pretty great in that game. All the Tekken characters looked good though I thought.

The greatest part of that Akuma trailer was seeing alternate costumes for the regular cast. That has me more excited than Akuma did.

Sayah

Would you be okay if it were a Mortal Kombat character instead?

If it wasn't already clear, I really don't care about Tekken's story all that much. It's not the reason I play the franchise. As long as it's not something too absurd like Kratos or Lightning from FFXIII, I really don't care. Those other games are completely different universes. The Tekken universe at least aligns with the SF universe somewhat.

And I don't know much about Mortal Kombat's universe/story but sure, I'll take Sub-Zero minus the fatalities - add some nice cool freeze mechanics in there.

In any case, my interest for Tekken 7's story went from "okay. meh" to "color me surprised/interested" with Akuma's addition.

petghost

Banned
I thought Yoshimitsu looked pretty great in that game. All the Tekken characters looked good though I thought.

The greatest part of that Akuma trailer was seeing alternate costumes for the regular cast. That has me more excited than Akuma did.

sorry i didnt mean looks when i said design i meant more gameplay stuff. they made good use of stuff thats common in tekken like stances ie ling had some interesting uses for her stances in sfxt.

Amedo310

It would seem I have an extra Steam key for KOF 2002 Unlimited Match.

First to post a picture from KOF 2002 Unlimited match can have my steam key of it.

Ifd1d4J.jpg

Lol. Some mugen nonsense in that pic.

Anyway:

Code:
[IMG]http://pcfightinggames.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/kof-2002-um-screen-1.jpg[/IMG]

shaowebb

Lol. Some mugen nonsense in that pic.

Anyway:

Code:
[IMG]http://pcfightinggames.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/kof-2002-um-screen-1.jpg[/IMG]

Yay someone actually caught that. There were hidden boss characters that were playable at one point.

gamefaqs stuff said:
Unlockable How to Unlock
C.Zero Defeat him in Endless mode battle No.63 or in story mode
Geese Defeat him in Endless mode battle No.59
Goenitz Defeat him in Endless mode battle No.60
Igniz Defeat him in Endless mode battle No.65 or in story mode
Krizalid Defeat him in Endless mode battle No.62 or in story mode
Rugal Defeat him in Endless mode battle No.66 or in story mode
Zero Defeat him in Endless mode battle No.64 or in story mode
Okee dokee. Check your messages for the link. Enjoy some good ol KOF. Hopefully we see most of this roster in 14

Infinite

That is what people are saying, Arakune sneaks in too. I'm expecting Tsubaki to be strong but not retain top 5 status or anything.
When I played BB Tsubaki was the character I gravitated towards and tried to learn before dropping the game. Nice to see she's competitive.

Is BBCEX still on sale?

Who was you guy's favorite character design from the tekken side in sfxt? Some of them made really cool sf characters.

I wouldn't mind if Raven's playstyle made it into an SF game because he was so versatile. A lot of the Tekken characters in SFXT felt like they just needed to get in, but Raven had a slow shuriken he could use to control space and help him move on in.

I really like all the tekken designs ( visual and movesets) in sfxtk for the most part (a few characters models i wasnt the biggest fan off). I wish they had another chance to iterate more, as i feel a couple people could use fine tuning and some added moves and they could make them more awesome. I love the goofiness of it all.

Essay

GAF watching NEC right now? I made it out of polls in Xrd, so stay tuned in. Pools still running now, and Top 16 at 10PM.

Also finished 13th out of 45 in Vampire Savior, which wasn't bad. Shot myself in the foot with one not-so-countering counter pick in my last match, but that's what I came here wanting to work on. My Sin at least managed to steal on critical game in my Xrd pools. ^_^

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I wish I made it out to NEC, horrible money management made it impossible for me. Now that the legendary gif is legal if scaled down, I'm gonna get ready to bop some folks.

jerry1594

GAF watching NEC right now? I made it out of polls in Xrd, so stay tuned in. Pools still running now, and Top 16 at 10PM.

Also finished 13th out of 45 in Vampire Savior, which wasn't bad. Shot myself in the foot with one not-so-countering counter pick in my last match, but that's what I came here wanting to work on. My Sin at least managed to steal on critical game in my Xrd pools. ^_^
Nice. I think you said you also entered Vsav in another event this year and did pretty well?

WarRock

Got curious earlier and started looking up just how many Doujin or Indie fighters were made in japan over the years. Its a relatively new thing over here in the states not counting Mugen style stuff, but I was curious just how many full fledged indie fighters got made over there considering things like Melty Blood and Fate Stay Night.

Holy.Shit.
Akastuki Blitzkampf and its sequel, Melty Blood games, Big Bang Beat and its sequel, Koukidou Kakutou Ganpearedo Supirittsu, Touhou fighting games, Axel City, and just more and more and more...

God damn did they ever go crazy with fighter maker and all that enterbrain software. Why didn't shit like this happen in America too? There were translated versions of the software and its not like people couldn't code.
You found about the Les Miserables dojin fighter yet?

Line_HTX

I wouldn't mind if Raven's playstyle made it into an SF game because he was so versatile. A lot of the Tekken characters in SFXT felt like they just needed to get in, but Raven had a slow shuriken he could use to control space and help him move on in.

I remember there was a one month period where you should not use Raven's Shurikens against another projectile because it would crash your console.

Seeing my favorite Tekken characters in sfxt art made me die inside.

I remember there was a one month period where you should not use Raven's Shurikens against another projectile because it would crash your console.

I remember hearing that crazy shit, also Rolento's knives did a game freeze too. Bad Boxart Megaman going to space is still one of the more ridiculous things I've seen in a fighting game.

Mizerman

Ah...the Rolento glitch. Many "Za Warudo" jokes were made that day.

kirblar

Oh, wow, I never noticed this. Sure seems suspicious now:

Kuma, Nina, and Anna have all been absent from T7 thus far. Full-on character swap for this generation? Would be kinda sick.

Heck, could they actually be setting up TxSF in both T7 and SFV at the same time?

petghost

Banned

Kuma, Nina, and Anna have all been absent from T7 thus far. Full-on character swap for this generation? Would be kinda sick.

Tekken and sf merging into one big thing would be so dope.

Line_HTX

Heck, could they actually be setting up TxSF in both T7 and SFV at the same time?

There's no way that even looks remotely close to Nina and Anna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom