• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Sabot

Outside of a fun few rollbacks (saw at least 3 premature KOs), it was surprisingly playable for our distances, ggs.

Anyone else want to put in some 3s games before I decide to watch Coop cup instead?

I'll join in, now that I know how to properly search for rooms. I'll be scrubbing it up super hard, though.

I just rage quit SFIV and deleted that shit off my computer a few minutes ago. I might join in on some BB with my rusty ass Az after a few minutes in training.

I think we're all pretty much scrubs here.

The only thing I have to contribute is some lame Ragna pressure.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I know its a pattern capcom does at this point, but I can't wait for multiple critical arts for characters so I can have Ryu's shin shoryuken... Its gonna be beautiful breh ;_;

Agreed. Footsies, fireballs and uppercuts. All tools I love in a character.

I just need to work on getting the FADC Ultra 1 down, even if it won't matter much in a month.

Eh, you don't really need it at this point. Just try reading your opponent and get the air strong to get the juggle state into U1. You won't need the dexterity to pull off a FADC in SFV.

Eh, you don't really need it at this point. Just try reading your opponent and get the air strong to get the juggle state into U1. You won't need the dexterity to pull off a FADC in SFV.

Wow. Didn't even think that actually worked. I still got a lot of stuff to work on before SF5 drops.

FACE

Banned
Outside of a fun few rollbacks (saw at least 3 premature KOs), it was surprisingly playable for our distances, ggs.

Anyone else want to put in some 3s games before I decide to watch Coop cup instead?

I did a few tatsus cause on my end it looked like the cr mk hit, but other than that and a few premature kos it was cool.

You'll be fine, SFV is quite different compared to SFIV. What system do you play on? Hope you got a PS4 lol

I didn't mess around with Ryu much during the beta since I mostly played Laura, but those will probably be the two I play the most when the game drops. From what I hear though, Ryu is even more simple than in 4 (which I don't mind much since his some of his links still give me a bit of trouble).

I also got SF4 on PS4 and PC, but I preordered SF5 on PS4.

jerry1594

Higa vs MOV and Hayao vs Deshiken are the matches of the day so far. Fucking amazing. Hayao is still a god but wasn't sharp enough to reversal gigas :(
If Kuroda had joined the Hugo team that would be the dream team.

top 8 (last team will be determined by one player from each team that placed second in their block competing. 32 teams I think):
[IBUKI] Higa/Abu/Yoiyami/Bleach/Atsushi
[DUDLEY] Kokujin/Ike/Loli/Hirahata/Kaeru
[MAKOTO] Tominaga/Mimora/Chance/Kochiya/Haitani
[KEN] Hirai/Shie/Boss/Matsuken/Deshiken
[GOUKI] Match/Zabi/Uraken/Yukiotoko/Dot
[YUN] Yakkun/Nitto/KO/SHO/Issei
[YANG] Tokura/Furo/Roshihikari/Wantarlen/Keikun

Every team is solid as stone, but I think the most likely are Yun Ken or Yang.

Winner stays on if you want to just mess around.

Loser stays on if you actually care about people learning or getting better is probably the best approach.

jerry1594

It's just that they seemed to be doing quite well from the matches I watched on stream.

Mester is good for sure and his Yun can do major damage but he plays kinda wild so he loses against more solid players. I don't know much about the other Yuns except on is American and a strong player.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It's cross platform......

Your face is cross platform.
I only mentioned it since we haven't gotten word on how the online will work in terms of Steam players being able to hold lobbies with PS4 players and vice versa. Random ranked matches is self-explanatory but I think CFN will allow for everyone to play with each other.

That's how it is with me too. In almost every fighter I end up liking the Ryu/Ken character the most. It's irksome because those characters are usually not my favorite in the cast.

The power of nothingness my friend. It only makes us stronger.

Tularensis

Neo Member
Damn, I should have checked the BB wiki in between matches. Hell's Fang was fuckin me up, but that shits -7 on IB.

edit:
And my bad for staying on for so many games. I usually do winner stays on, but next time we can switch it up.

mbpm1

i'd say his ryu is better cause he has to think about things like spacing/setups instead of just rolling all over the goddamn place like a monkey and getting free hits off it >:C

That's because he does get the free hits off the rolls and the godlike jump hp and such. Doesn't mean his Ryu is better, just more thoughtful out of necessity.

Hmmm... We'll see when we play again.

Gotta get me in on dem multi-GAF rooms. I only play you lol

I usually go by the rule "Winner stays on until they've beat everyone once."

Winner stays on if you want to just mess around.

Loser stays on if you actually care about people learning or getting better is probably the best approach.

Winner stay on till defeated. Though usually after going through the whole rotation I might switch to another character just for fun where I'll probably lose.

I prefer winner stays on for a good while until someone beats him. It's also a good learning moment to watch how he's winning and what you are possibly doing wrong.

A good variety of opinions here. I guess I should specify next time I make a room.

Damn, I should have checked the BB wiki in between matches. Hell's Fang was fuckin me up, but that shits -7 on IB.

edit:
And my bad for staying on for so many games. I usually do winner stays on, but next time we can switch it up.

I think Hell's Fang is punishable depending on what distance it's used at. Like if you use it up close it's super punishable but it doesn't seem like people can do so when you use it from across the screen.

GGs to Vanilla, Lostconfused and Tula.

I don't understand Blazblue's neutral game.

Good games everyone.

I'm not sure about Tager, but for Ragna I pretty much dance around the middle and try to poke with his 5B (kick) for 5C (sword slash) if the 5B isn't working out. Either that or I jump in usually.

It's dependent on the character, Tager is the slowest character in the game so his approach is unique compared to the other characters.

I fucking HATE playing with pad now.

Having a PPP shortcut on your bumper with my small girly hand in a big ass grip with my index on PPP button as I have the pad sit on my knee is unnatural and it's uncomfortable.

Every time I tried to hit a Kikosho tonight I dropped it even after ex legs because wouldn't you know it? Controller is uncomfortable and I'm limited to reacting with just my thumb as the rest of my hand is wrapped around a big ass handle and I can't react, because I'm thinking how fucking unnatural it feels.

mbpm1

Having a shortcut while having my small girly hand in a big ass grip with my index on my bumper as I have the pad sit on my knee is unnatural.

Every time I tried to hit a Kikosho tonight I dropped it even after ex legs because wouldn't you know it? Controller is uncomfortable and I'm limited to reacting with just my thumb as the rest of my hand is wrapped around a big ass handle.

Welcome to the Light Side of the Force

Line_HTX

Having a PPP shortcut on your bumper with my small girly hand in a big ass grip with my index on PPP button as I have the pad sit on my knee is unnatural and it's uncomfortable.

Every time I tried to hit a Kikosho tonight I dropped it even after ex legs because wouldn't you know it? Controller is uncomfortable and I'm limited to reacting with just my thumb as the rest of my hand is wrapped around a big ass handle and I can't react, because I'm thinking how fucking unnatural it feels.

Good, GOOD!

You're now seeing that pad is bad, heh heh heh...

Shun

Now you can take that Hori FC4 apart and use the PCB to make a custom PS4 stick.

petran79

Banned
Good, GOOD!

You're now seeing that pad is bad, heh heh heh...

Pad is good.It is just that SF4 was not made for it. They just thought lets add 3 attack buttons for supers to make it different from previous SF. With no consideration for the user base. Biggest control mess I've seen

At least SFV brings things back to normal.

I used a 360 pad when I was playing on the SFV Beta on PC, and I had no problem. Only dropped a super once or twice. Every thing else was smooth sailing.

I can imagine really liking SFV on either the PS4 pad or the Hori FC4.

Playing pad is a compromise:

I prefer having my fingers on the face buttons piano/arcade style which forces me to play on my knee. Having an asymmetrical handle controller is good for that. I react better with my fingers on face buttons like that so I can't play a fighter holding it in like a regular controller.

But I also want short cuts on the bumpers, but that doesn't lend to comfortable play while the pad is in your knee and you're leaning on that knee and shit.

With pad, both are compromises and neither is ideal. You can't have one with the other.

The preferred method would be an 8 face button pad. But at that point, might as well buy stick.

Coda

Playing pad is a compromise:

I prefer having my fingers on the face buttons piano/arcade style which forces me to play on my knee. Having an asymmetrical handle controller is good for that. I react better with my fingers on face buttons like that so I can't play a fighter holding it in like a regular controller.

But I also want short cuts on the bumpers, but that doesn't lend to comfortable play while the pad is in your knee and you're leaning on that knee and shit.

With pad, both are compromises and neither is ideal. You can't have one with the other.

The preferred method would be an 8 face button pad. But at that point, might as well buy stick.

I'd just say buy a stick and learn on that instead, the reward will be immense once you get a handle on it. I liked playing on pad before as well, even bought a Xbox 360 converter for my PS2 Saturn pad thinking that I'd give me better D-Pad movements and all three punches and kicks on the face and I still sucked in comparison to when I learned how to play on stick. I'd always be helpless once I lost control of the match on a pad, with a stick I feel like I can get someone off me much easier, more control.

Some people get good on pad but I just don't understand it. Like how does SMUG do all the crazy shit he does on pad with an Xbox 360 controller or Luffy win Evo with a PS1 controller. It's possible but I think it's the exception and I think in general most good and pro players play on stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom