• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry1594

Yakkun, Nitto, Issei and KO did. SHO didn't and he's the best one :(

Oh well, that was an incredible tournament, Yun making lifebars disappear and Kokujin losing it and all. Almost perfect play even though execution errors cost a few people. Sort of bummed Kuroda didn't join. His Urien and Hugo are top 3 at least. Would've loved to see them in action and I seriously believe team Hugo could've won if he was on it. Every character performed incredibly in some capacity, except Twelve since that's not physically possible, and maybe Remy. MOV vs Genki, vs Higa, vs RX and Hayao vs Deshiken were some of the best matches in years. Coop is probably gonna be equally amazing.

petran79

Banned
Playing pad is a compromise:

I prefer having my fingers on the face buttons piano/arcade style which forces me to play on my knee. Having an asymmetrical handle controller is good for that. I react better with my fingers on face buttons like that so I can't play a fighter holding it in like a regular controller.

But I also want short cuts on the bumpers, but that doesn't lend to comfortable play while the pad is in your knee and you're leaning on that knee and shit.

With pad, both are compromises and neither is ideal. You can't have one with the other.

The preferred method would be an 8 face button pad. But at that point, might as well buy stick.

Main reason I use pad is one of our cats sometimes jumps on my lap to sleep or for warmth ....I hate shoving them aside to put the stick on my lap when the match gets tense....

Playing pad is a compromise:

I prefer having my fingers on the face buttons piano/arcade style which forces me to play on my knee. Having an asymmetrical handle controller is good for that. I react better with my fingers on face buttons like that so I can't play a fighter holding it in like a regular controller.

But I also want short cuts on the bumpers, but that doesn't lend to comfortable play while the pad is in your knee and you're leaning on that knee and shit.

With pad, both are compromises and neither is ideal. You can't have one with the other.

The preferred method would be an 8 face button pad. But at that point, might as well buy stick.

I always thought that was a weird way to play piano. Never needed to use my knee for stability. just that right thumb.

FACE

Banned
Yakkun, Nitto, Issei and KO did. SHO didn't and he's the best one :(

Oh well, that was an incredible tournament, Yun making lifebars disappear and Kokujin losing it and all. Almost perfect play even though execution errors cost a few people. Sort of bummed Kuroda didn't join. His Urien and Hugo are top 3 at least. Would've loved to see them in action and I seriously believe team Hugo could've won if he was on it. Every character performed incredibly in some capacity, except Twelve since that's not physically possible, and maybe Remy. MOV vs Genki, vs Higa, vs RX and Hayao vs Deshiken were some of the best matches in years. Coop is probably gonna be equally amazing.

I enjoyed seeing Chun get time out for once :D

Line_HTX

Out of curiosity, is this Hori pad a better use for practical purposes than the standard DS4? Maybe this is ideal for you, Cindi?

CYSpklHUQAAympZ.png:large

I like how the switch at the bottom allows you to go between PS4 and PS3.

Out of curiosity, is this Hori pad a better use for practical purposes than the standard DS4? Maybe this is ideal for you, Cindi?

CYSpklHUQAAympZ.png:large

That is the controller I use. I play it on my knee.

Fingers on face buttons piano style, pad on knee, left hand gripping the handle, left index on L1/L2. The big handle throws me off because you have to grip it, and it's on my knee, so I have to have the pad at a sort of slight angle for easier access to L1/L2.

I recommend leaving it on PS4 mode even when playing PS3. less input lag, though u lose PS button functionality on PS3, but thats a quick switch flip when u need that

Line_HTX

That is the controller I use. I play it on my knee.

Fingers on face buttons piano style, pad on knee, left hand gripping the handle, left index on L1/L2.

I would probably play SFV like that too if I had this HORI pad instead of a stick, lol

Hell, when I first started that is how I played Tekken in the weird piano style. I finally had to get stick just to not look silly though.

Clawww

feels like ages since FANG

game's so close, they oughta throw some more fuel in the fire. I feel the thirst for info

CO_Andy

If it has Mario Kart-style communities, that will be amazing.
This is the one element i wanted in Smash 4... after my disappointment i sold the game.

cindi said:
What's that?
A lobby where you can play with other folks in a community (like GAF) without them having to be on your friends list. When the lobby gets filled up another one is made.

Watching competitive DoA5, and it looks like getting hit by Rachel = losing half your life. :-O

What is the point of Rachel's 8AB?

What's that?
It's like lobbies, but they always exist, and you join as a "lobby member" permanently. So you set up a GAF community, and if you join, any time you log in you can go to the "GAF Community" where all other GAF members are already playing each other.

Combine communities with BlazBlue lobbies, and you have the perfect lobby system IMO.

Guilty Gear Xrd Limited edition price dropped from $80 to $23.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NJ07B46/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Contemplating whether or not I should get this considering Revelator is releasing soon and this will become obsolete at that point.

But you do get a lot of goodies with the limited edition.

Revelator doesn't have a legit release date yet. I highly suggest you get it since it's so cheap and because it'll allow you to start practicing now.

That doesn't sound ideal for me either.
Try it and see if you can make it work, otherwise you may need to get a stick. This is coming from a Tekken player who plays piano but plays normally when playing every other game.

I would probably play SFV like that too if I had this HORI pad instead of a stick, lol

Hell, when I first started that is how I played Tekken in the weird piano style. I finally had to get stick just to not look silly though.

Weird indeed lol

ethanny2

SFV needs clans.

Yeah that would be sick, actually as someone who frequents the USF4 cabs in japan, I feel like they should just lift every system they have on that to SFV. They do have clans on the arcade USF4 I think I recall seeing Bonchan being the leader of the top guild or something. Also similar to the fight money that was introduced in SFV that lets you buy new characters and costumes they have a money/zenny system in the arcade that lets you buys costs by complete specific challenges with your character like

- Land an ultra 10 times
- Do a super combo finish
- Land 20 ex rekkas etc...

Feels like capcom skimped on a lot of features they could have included

Also side note been playing ssf4 the 3DS version and because its portable its letting me try characters that I would never pick, Adon is fun af lol

AB?

Rachel's my main. :D
Just using the training mode inputs since I'm not sure what's normal, but AB meaning A+B, her double fist overhead slam attack. 8AB is her little sidestep twirl, which looks slower than her normal sidestep and takes longer to recover. I watched SonixFox use her in DoA5U, and he never once used it.

Also, it seems like sidestepping in general isn't very good in DoA5, is that right? It looks like multi-hit moves beat sidesteps, so you only use it as a read vs. single hit pokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom