• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

CO_Andy

Once a game enters Legacy status and isn't an active game you're only hurting the playerbase since lapsed players can't jump in cold anymore.

This is why HD Remix's rebalance was such a bad idea - no matter how well it got balanced, it would still alienate all the people who liked Super Turbo.
It's not like they have to go full Sirloin on the balance changes. Simply adjusting Chun and Yun's meter gain and damage output would resolve the biggest problems.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Don't give up, channel that frustration into training. You won't get results quickly and its a gradual thing, just try to lower your expectations. Make something good out of something bad.

Imagine you're sliding your thumb across the three buttons on your commander controller on the three kick buttons. It makes it a lot easier.

Street Fighter on 3DS has Flash Kick mapped to the touch screen.
Manz not see a Guile player do a walk forward flash kick, brah.

The best way to get in with Guile.

That method helps me get it out after cr HP but it doesn't help me cancel cr HP so far.

You gotta to do it preemptively, the window for canceling is really small when it comes to Chun li so it'll take time for you to get the timing down. Where's Vulva when you need him? Damn Canadian.

shaowebb

I'm not sure why you'd want to. The dribble is her 5A+B, and those can't be cancelled into anything except trump on block and are very punishable. I don't think Tomoka's is any different.. ? So if you block it, make her pay.

I usually dodge her, but the reason I ask is counter assists. I've ran into one or two Tomoka's who would use that one counter assist Wolfkrone uses (Accelerator I think). Basically they'd call the loli assist you can't touch without getting bodied and go for their 2AB and time it so that if I hit buttons to punish the dribbling ball thing after block I'd still hit the loli and get rocked. It was nasty in the corner getting up from that and Its not like I had anywhere I could go besides straight up which she could mess with via her jump shot basketballs.

I usually dodge her, but the reason I ask is counter assists. I've ran into one or two Tomoka's who would use that one counter assist Wolfkrone uses (Accelerator I think). Basically they'd call the loli assist you can't touch without getting bodied and go for their 2AB and time it so that if I hit buttons to punish the dribbling ball thing after block I'd still hit the loli and get rocked. It was nasty in the corner getting up from that and Its not like I had anywhere I could go besides straight up which she could mess with via her jump shot basketballs.
last order accelerator assist is obnoxious as fuck, and it lasts entirely too long

shaowebb

last order accelerator assist is obnoxious as fuck, and it lasts entirely too long

Yeah, I had no idea how to get out of that. Pretty much got out only if they jumped up instead of went for a shot because I could dash out then. That or if they just didn't have an assist. I never beat that guy though. :(

Ahh, that makes sense. Accelerator is such a dirty assist, i use him myself <.<

I know Last Order (the loli) can get knocked out of her animation for longer than you'd think without Accelerator coming out, and i've seen people trigger it and block his swipe afterward. But in the corner i.. don't really know what you'd do against it. Sorry >.>;

Return the favor and pick Izaya for your assist, hehe.

shaowebb

Ahh, that makes sense. Accelerator is such a dirty assist, i use him myself <.<

I know Last Order (the loli) can get knocked out of her animation for longer than you'd think without Accelerator coming out, and i've seen people trigger it and block his swipe afterward. But in the corner i.. don't really know what you'd do against it. Sorry >.>;

Return the favor and pick Izaya for your assist, hehe.

;_; I must never get knocked down near the corner vs Tomoka again. I could always pick Dokuro Chan and do her wakeup only 3rd assist attack option at severe cost or life and meter lol.

EDIT: I'm gonna see if I can pushblock her. If it'll let me I'm calling the cat thrower assist which should go behind Tomoka and her loli. Force HER to block and maybe get outta there before Accelerator shows up. Isn't there an assist or something that puts out an AOE that stops attacks or something? Is that only a counter though? Bah...need to watch the assist breakdown vid again.

Either way I need to see if I can pushblock her first...hope I can.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My friend brought me a late xmas gift :eek:

ZcbcaX6.jpg

;_; I must never get knocked down near the corner vs Tomoka again. I could always pick Dokuro Chan and do her wakeup only 3rd assist attack option at severe cost or life and meter lol.

EDIT: I'm gonna see if I can pushblock her. If it'll let me I'm calling the cat thrower assist which should go behind Tomoka and her loli. Force HER to block and maybe get outta there before Accelerator shows up. Isn't there an assist or something that puts out an AOE that stops attacks or something? Is that only a counter though? Bah...need to watch the assist breakdown vid again.

Either way I need to see if I can pushblock her first...hope I can.

Cats is pretty slow though. Dokuro-chan or Enju or Kino might be better to knock people out of stuff, including assist calls.

The one you're talking about is probably Tatsuya Shiba. Or Touma Kamijou? Both have attack stopping stuff.

shaowebb

Cats is pretty slow though. Dokuro-chan or Enju or Kino might be better to knock people out of stuff, including assist calls.

The one you're talking about is probably Tatsuya Shiba. Or Touma Kamijou? Both have attack stopping stuff.

Not sure which. Gonna have to watch the assist vids more. The names only appear in english on the load screen before the match so its hard to keep em straight since I don't know who any of these anime folk are.

jerry1594

It's not like they have to go full Sirloin on the balance changes. Simply adjusting Chun and Yun's meter gain and damage output would resolve the biggest problems.

I think I would just nerf Chun's damage 15-20% and have Yun's command grab deplete meter faster as far as nerfs go.

Sigmaah

Anyone got that hori pro 4 for ps4? If so how is it? Madcatz playing games, dunno when them te2s will be back in stock and I need a stick before sf5 comes out.

jerry1594

You wouldn't give chun 1 bar instead of 2?

Or give yun a longer bar or something?

I think Chun with one bar would get knocked down below Yun Ken Mak even with her amazing buttons. I'd like for fights against her to be more winnable while still staying top tier. Yun is tougher to call. Command grab shortening super would change how Yun pressures while in gj and sometimes cut off the opportunity for command grab-> post super ender which is where he gets like half of his meter back. Though a longer bar seems good. Long enough to allow for only two activations max in a round seems fair to me. If he does three he basically wins while with two it's a much more winnable matchup and running away and building meter is not as abusable as before.

Basically I'd like for strategies to remain the same while putting wider gaps in their game.

Rhapsody

Banned
What was that Hakumen like screen wide double slash move?

Didn't look like a super since there wasn't a freeze or anything.

I don't think my internet is good enough for that.

Weak Canadian bandwidth caps and all that.

Astraea in Overdrive mode. Basically if you're in the air, I'll pop OD and do it and make the opponent guess.
It's a super dumb crossunder that leads to a lot of damage.

I'll see if I can hop back on soon, but I need to take care of something first. No promises.

Astraea in Overdrive mode. Basically if you're in the air, I'll pop OD and do it and make the opponent guess.
It's a super dumb crossunder that leads to a lot of damage.

I'll see if I can hop back on soon, but I need to take care of something first. No promises.

You learn something new everyday.

Fighting against Izayoi, she doesn't seem to be that bad in normal mode, but when she's in the alternate mode those overheads can be a real pain. And that projectile > teleport follow up. I know that I should not be blocking on the ground when that's coming out.

Anyone got that hori pro 4 for ps4? If so how is it? Madcatz playing games, dunno when them te2s will be back in stock and I need a stick before sf5 comes out.
It's fine. Buttons are a tad less sensitive, which I don't mind. Stick has 0 resistance, like moving air.

Does anyone have experience with the hori fc4 fightpad?

Opinions? I bought it for $30 on clearance on a whim thinking it might tide me over until I get a ps4 stick.

I'm not super tied to a stick either, I don't mind using pad.

Just wondered what people think before I keep it or return it.

Rhapsody

Banned
You learn something new everyday.

Fighting against Izayoi, she doesn't seem to be that bad in normal mode, but when she's in the alternate mode those overheads can be a real pain. And that projectile > teleport follow up. I know that I should not be blocking on the ground when that's coming out.

Normal mode is pretty good. Today wasn't a good showcase of it for me since the delay sort of killed any reaction in neutral. She also has some really good corner stuff that's a bit hard to do online involving stance cancel and TK noir.

And yes, you have the right idea in that you should not block the ground projectile to avoid the D teleport crossup. As for Izayoi mixup, it's pretty much near impossible to react to all of them even offline. CPEX dash j.A is like 14 frame startup or something (which wasn't possible at all in 1.1). 2A is +1 which makes it scary on high/low stagger. She can also stance cancel or even jump cancel her 5C allowing more mixups. Then there's air throw whiffs piled with OSes and dumb character is dumb.

Sigmaah

It's fine. Buttons are a tad less sensitive, which I don't mind. Stick has 0 resistance, like moving air.

I like pressing them buttons so that's a plus and no resistance on the stick? Hmmm don't know if that's a plus or negative for me. If madcatz don't stock up soon Ima just go with that then.

Deps

I like pressing them buttons so that's a plus and no resistance on the stick? Hmmm don't know if that's a plus or negative for me. If madcatz don't stock up soon Ima just go with that then.

Can get a 2lb spring for like 1 dollar for more resistance.

petghost

Banned
I think Chun with one bar would get knocked down below Yun Ken Mak even with her amazing buttons. I'd like for fights against her to be more winnable while still staying top tier. Yun is tougher to call. Command grab shortening super would change how Yun pressures while in gj and sometimes cut off the opportunity for command grab-> post super ender which is where he gets like half of his meter back. Though a longer bar seems good. Long enough to allow for only two activations max in a round seems fair to me. If he does three he basically wins while with two it's a much more winnable matchup and running away and building meter is not as abusable as before.

Basically I'd like for strategies to remain the same while putting wider gaps in their game.

That's very thoughtful. When I look at genei jin the thing that bugs me most is when he activates he wins neutral because no one can out poke him etc. So if the priority could 've removed and he could get poked out normals or something maybe that would be cool.

Btw I just got blown up by stun gun headbutt like 20 times... I tried jumping out but I kept getting caught. How you avoid that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom