• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do the terms light/middle/heavyweight mean in DoA?

It is finicky. They even addressed diagonals specifically in a patch, but it's still kind of weird. I've had to practice that a lot. It was awful before they did something about it.

If you are talking about doing something like 3 or 23 that's what I mean about a smooth motion. I have some issues with diagonals too and it messes me up with Misty :(
Maybe it'll be easier on pad. :p

FACE

Banned
THESE FUCKING TIEBREAKERS

dvso6nC.gif

Shun

As an international student, I was told by my professor that I can be deported if I was caught with weed since it's so easy to get around here.

Yeezus new album in a month tho, it is lit.

ShinMaruku

What do the terms light/middle/heavyweight mean in DoA?

Maybe it'll be easier on pad. :p

Those weightclasses are too broad there are more like
Featherweight,lightweight,gen fu weight,middle,heavyweight. What they mean is mainly in juggles and combos they drop faster making you have to account for them differently, it's also good indicator of bounds and how you can send them into the environment as well. Mainly what it means is you modify your combo on weight class. For example with my Phase 4 combo where I can link in 6pk p+k t on a heavy weight I use 8kk because it knocks them up higher allowing my to do the combo.

Those weightclasses are too broad there are more like
Featherweight,lightweight,gen fu weight,middle,heavyweight. What they mean is mainly in juggles and combos they drop faster making you have to account for them differently, it's also good indicator of bounds and how you can send them into the environment as well. Mainly what it means is you modify your combo on weight class. For example with my Phase 4 combo where I can link in 6pk p+k t on a heavy weight I use 8kk because it knocks them up higher allowing my to do the combo.

Thanks guys.

Last few questions for the night:
1) Why doesn't anyone recommend Alpha-152? Watching her Winter Brawl play, seems strong.

2) Why does it seem like Helena's crouch stance beats everything? In competitive play, Sonicfox just waits and blocks when she does it; he always loses if he challenges it.

3) What's the difference between Critical Stun and Critical Burst?

ShinMaruku

1.Alpha got nerfed utterly and she has some very glaring weaknesses, she's lightest character in the game, unsafe as all hell and she has no wake up and only has parries. You would have to do so much work to make her work.

2. Certain characters can beat her bukoho stance Ayane is spaced properly will crush and blow it up, but it's not easy to do that. Lei Fang has an advanced hold that will blow it up too. The issue is until recently characters who can stop it were not played at tournies. I think Gen Fu can crush it too not sure.

3. Critical Stun is a threshhold where you can build to a critical burst or do a launcher, critical 1 just is a stun where you either hold or slow escape level 2 is more you have to counter, level 3 means you have the highest launch, the critical burst will do the most damage. Critical burst is just an attack you throw out when stun threshold has passed where you can get a guarenteed combo or power launcher or power blow.

Skilletor

Thanks guys.

Last few questions for the night:
1) Why doesn't anyone recommend Alpha-152? Watching her Winter Brawl play, seems strong.

2) Why does it seem like Helena's crouch stance beats everything? In competitive play, Sonicfox just waits and blocks when she does it; he always loses if he challenges it.

3) What's the difference between Critical Stun and Critical Burst?

Helena's stance goes under mids, and she has a crouch in it that goes even lower. And she's to tons of moves from it, so you're afraid to attack it.

Critical stun is the normal DoA stun. Critical burst is a move you do at the end of the stun threshold that nets you a guaranteed attack after (like a power blow or launcher).

You can tell you're at stun threshold / will get a critical burst when critical stun notification turns red.

FACE

Banned
Gonna put this in spoiler tags out of respect for vulva

K.O. won his first coop cup OCVing in Grand Finals, god damn!

jerry1594

KO broke the curse. Dude is a fucking god and arguably top 2 player
Almost as amazing to me was Yuuki reaching grand finals. A first for an American and he played incredible

Sigmaah

Modding sticks is easy. Go for it.

Yeah, but It's really easy. Just need to unscrew bottom, get eclip off with a screwdriver, then swap the springs.

I've modded my stick before, added new buttons but I think it was either me or my brother who tried to mod the joystick and somehow fucked it up lmao. But gotta get it down eventually so I'll do it if them sticks don't come out in time.

shaowebb

Okay, I think I'm starting to get the ryhthm a bit more for Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition.

You use Blast meter to either burst, get a launcher mid combo, or get an xfactor like period of healing/damage/speed buff. This meter is filled up faster by using EX moves or Special Arts (everyone calls em "RANBU"). Ranbu is Half circle back+BC and its got invulnerability and low damage. Your other big move is Climax Art and its Half Circle forward+BC and its damage. Need to be safe? Circle away. Need to press your advantage? Circle forward. Easy to remember.

This means use super meter to get blast meter. Use Blast meter to get meter, meter regen, buffed so you can do cancel filled combos. Then you use a trump card to call assists in combos for free without canceling into them for the cost of meter, and you can reverse magic series alongside of gain links and move properties not possible outside of this.

That means my rhythm should be pop Power up Blast as often as I can to constantly build meter and gain buffs. I can use the meter to get back Powerup gauge fast and if I activate a trump card during this state I should go as ham as possible while I have all the meter on earth, buffs, and every possible combo tool. With all that I don't think I'd really go for Combo blast unless it'd kill or the breaker unless I thought I would die...the comeback factor is too strong.

Plus it looks like Ranbu is invulnerable and Powerup Blast has advantage and Trump cards act like a cancel of sorts. That means doing any of these things potentially makes me safe or will let me punish something.

Thought this game was slow at first, but I think I was combo blasting too much. Things feel pretty fast now...nearly as fast as UNIEL is. Also I'm surprised...there aren't really that many folks with airdashes in this game. Mainly just double jumps.

shaowebb

Yep. To add to that, a lot of assists let you end a combo with Power Up Blast to regain a TON of meter to keep your train going.

Yeah, and speaking of gaining back a ton of meter if you activate Trump and THEN Power up Blast it extends the life of your trump and the meter gets bigger. Since you gain back a trump card if you lose a round you know you're going to use at least ONE in a round at some point unless you are bodying them.

This alone completely changed how good Kirito was for me today. In Trump mode he is insanely smooth at linking stuff together for long combos. Outside of that he kind of kept ending things short and leaving himself too close to folks to keep much pressure goin since he doesn't hit a ton on the ground or block string too well for me. His pressure is sweet once you got Trump and extending that with Powerup Blast helps a lot.

Also I haven't seen a game punch a man on the ground this much since Tekken. They don't pop up like an OTG in other games...you just keep hitting them if you got moves. Just watch the combo scaling or you blow your oki moment trying for hits.

Hyun Sai

So some of you know I work as a freelancer for french websites/magazines and I only write about fighting games. I'm launching a new project still about fighting games but this time in english.

It's called FG Weekly and it's a weekly newsletter about fighting games. My goal is to find the more interesting and quality news/articles/posts/videos each week and send them to you directly in your mailbox.

I also intend (even if I didn't mention it on the website) to put in light the names of content creators so people can start to identify and remember them. Also I want to put varied things inside. It can be a well edited combo movie, a tournament result page like EH does or a big translation from japanese like SRK did a few days ago. And of course, various games (even dojins!) because that's cool.

I hope you'll enjoy it and will share it. :)

I still can't receive the confirmation mail. Is there a problem with hotmail ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom