• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Finally...finally...after months of work and a couple hundred bucks in parts....joy is here
27vgtOF.jpg

Its...its beautiful.

87qYYd8.gif

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Oh, wow, I never noticed this. Sure seems suspicious now:

Kuma, Nina, and Anna have all been absent from T7 thus far. Full-on character swap for this generation? Would be kinda sick.

Heck, could they actually be setting up TxSF in both T7 and SFV at the same time?

Now how does Square Enix come into all of this. There is definitely going to be something crazy happening in SFV since T7 got Akuma. For all we know, both of the games are SFxT and TxSF but the former is a re-imagining of it strictly SF style. It would be pretty awesome.

notworksafe

Are those movelists for the whole cast? Congratulations man!

Yep. I have the art, movelists, and breakdowns of all the grooves from the original candy cab but I have those saved for now. These are reproductions that have all been translated into English. I thought they were pretty cool.

WarRock

Lars belongs in Final Fantasy, Capcom should mediate a trade for Sabin
Suplexing trains is old news, we got Gouki SGS'ing a whole city now.

Yep. I have the art, movelists, and breakdowns of all the grooves from the original candy cab but I have those saved for now. These are reproductions that have all been translated into English. I thought they were pretty cool.
That's so cool man =) Congratulations again.

Nightii

Banned
I know it's old but really, Akuma fits into Tekken's lore just fine, any detail that interferes hardly matters.

I love most fighting game stories, because they are absurd and usually very engaging in their absurdity, I am especially excited at the possibility of Akuma being the one to end the Mishimas bullshit after so many years fraternal dickery.

Shun

logo.gif

So hype one month till tests then a full out release in ~April.

Forget Dissidia Final Fantasy, give us more Drag on Dragoon, SaGa, Seiken Densetsu, Parasite Eve and more.

Give us more Lord of Vermillion service.

The normal priority during trades in SF5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdNXIIVWTYU
People are discovering it now while it was already in the previous beta. I remember beating people just by doing 2MP frame trap with Ryu (+2 on block) and then going for stand MP and combos.

It was in Third Strike but the thing I thought about immediately was Virtua Fighter and how certain moves beat other ones even on trade.

notworksafe

What type of cab is it?
It's actually a converted Maximum Force cabinet:

Ripped out the control panel to replace it with a handmade joysticks and button panel, with cup holders of course.

msbkjxT.jpg

Also replaced all the power, wiring, etc inside. It's still a bit of a mess in there so I've got plenty of cleanup and organizing to do. Then I'll repaint the sides and clean up the outside. I'll need to either fix or replace the monitor too cause it's pincushioning pretty bad.

I'm very jealous.

Ha, thanks. This thing took a lot of work and has a lot more to go but I'm really happy with it now that I have the main games I want working: Project Justice, MVC2, and CVS2

I believe so
I have literally seen over 100 Nine matches at this point, and her cow skull shield has only been used once. Probably on accident. I don't know if it is worth using, so I am trying to theorize. There is actually an incredible shortage of people using her two stock spells in the neutral. People always hold out for a three stock spell even though the two stocks are better for the neutral than the three stocks.

The normal priority during trades in SF5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdNXIIVWTYU
People are discovering it now while it was already in the previous beta. I remember beating people just by doing 2MP frame trap with Ryu (+2 on block) and then going for stand MP and combos.

It was in Third Strike but the thing I thought about immediately was Virtua Fighter and how certain moves beat other ones even on trade.

even more reason not to mash jab like its SF4

Dahbomb

True fans will play usf4 for the next 10 years. With no more patches I'm interested to see how the game evolves.
Mike Ross said it's going to be like 3rd Strike where everyone plays Elena/Evil Ryu plus some Vortex characters like Seth/Ibuki.

But it's Mike Ross so meh.

Zissou

This is neat- glad stuff is getting figured out and people are spreading the word.

jerry1594

It's actually a converted Maximum Force cabinet:

Ripped out the control panel to replace it with a handmade joysticks and button panel, with cup holders of course.

msbkjxT.jpg

Also replaced all the power, wiring, etc inside. It's still a bit of a mess in there so I've got plenty of cleanup and organizing to do. Then I'll repaint the sides and clean up the outside. I'll need to either fix or replace the monitor too cause it's pincushioning pretty bad.
Dang, lol did you just have that lying around or get a good deal on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom