• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a long shot, but can anyone tell me if I can do online training in FC Ignition? I can't find any translations for the network menus.

Do all DoA5LR characters have the same back dashes?

Shhhhh...no cynicism. Only dreams.
I honestly wish there were more tournies that pulled out older games. I love watching the Vampire Savior folks slug it out. Its always cool seeing stuff on stream and the on the big screen that weren't exactly around heavily during the days where that stuff was broadcast. Streams look a lot better now than when even TVC was on them. Looking forward to this heavily.

Hope we see a Robo Ky in top 8 for GG AC+R
Agreed.

after going hard with Marie in persona, ill be glad to have a character with Oki tools they can actually use

Im playing millia in xrd atm anyway
Why downgrade?

Something that won't take me a month or more to learn.
Divekick is your game. There's a reason games last years: there's a lot to learn.

Has anyone tried to join the community? Idk if theres still issues with it
I'd like you know, but you didn't invite me.

Marz

I hope Testament gets into Xrd soon, hopefully before im dead.

Nets, crows, trees, skulls, and beasts i need these in my life.

Im really loving Zato though the more I learn with him so i might be content if for some reason they add stupid shit like Bridget and Anji instead.

Do blocked critical stuns guard break? I notice Leon has a LOT of moves that critical stun, but I'm not sure about all the mechanics here.

I just sent it again, can you join from checking it in my profile?
I got it from your profile.

That's a bad reason. Also divekick looks bad.
One month and I can play any character reasonably well. If you're talking about mastery, that takes longer.

I hope Testament gets into Xrd soon, hopefully before im dead.

Nets, crows, trees, skulls, and beasts i need these in my life.

Im really loving Zato though the more I learn with him so i might be content if for some reason they add stupid shit like Bridget and Anji instead.
lolAnji.

I love Zato too, but sometimes you have to know your limitations. Same reason I don't use C. Viper in SFIV. My hands and brain just don't work that well together.

Dahbomb

Do blocked critical stuns guard break? I notice Leon has a LOT of moves that critical stun, but I'm not sure about all the mechanics here.
I am not sure how you would block a critical stun. If you are in a critical stun state you can't really block, just hold or try to undizzy your self back into block.

ShinMaruku

Do all DoA5LR characters have the same back dashes?
They all have the same movement, but some characters with advanced movement have different kinds of movement.

Some moves guard break, but it's not so much about critical stun, they tend to stun, but they are guard break moves.

I am not sure how you would block a critical stun. If you are in a critical stun state you can't really block, just hold or try to undizzy your self back into block.
I mean moves that cause it.

They all have the same movement, but some characters with advanced movement have different kinds of movement.

Some moves guard break, but it's not so much about critical stun, they tend to stun, but they are guard break moves.
How do I know which ones guard break?

Dahbomb

Very few moves in the game guard break, there are usually pretty slow moves on start up. Probably have to go in the movelists and check it out. Maybe someone has listed all the guard break moves in the game.

Dahbomb

Why didn't anyone tell me you can just push 4 buttons to unlock a ton of costumes. -_-

Hayabusa Costume 8 is BA.
1o5nh4i.gif

shaowebb

i hope the evo line up gets announced soon

I'd like to see Skullgirls get more players this year. Its roster is pretty decent in size now and its fantastic. It had great sets but it was really messed up the way Sonic Fox had to keep running from it to MKX and how the change in mindsets is so extreme that it nearly fucked him outta qualifying in MKX for top 8. He got beat bad by Honeybee who is a challenge for him on top of his game. Came in like he couldn't play the first several rounds.

shaowebb

Sorry, my opinion is that it's better to play than watch people play.

You can do both man : /
It sometimes helps to see how others move and use tools in a game. Gives you perspective on things you may not have known or would have discovered for some time otherwise. Its part of why I wish all fighting games had youtube uploading as an option like Mario Kart 8 did. The amount of stuff you can learn and share thanks to streams is pretty huge these days. I still remember the sudden tidal wave of Phoenix, and LVL 1 Xfactor Wolverine in MVC3 vanilla after a couple streams went down. By the end of the week they were all anyone talked about.

I'd like to see Skullgirls get more players this year. Its roster is pretty decent in size now and its fantastic. It had great sets but it was really messed up the way Sonic Fox had to keep running from it to MKX and how the change in mindsets is so extreme that it nearly fucked him outta qualifying in MKX for top 8. He got beat bad by Honeybee who is a challenge for him on top of his game. Came in like he couldn't play the first several rounds.

i meant official games. though . . . well, i'm sure sg will be there in some form

Played ranked DoA for the first time. Went 1-2. Next time I'll record and upload so folks can give me feedback. Playing on pad has made this WAY easier because of how often you have to dash around.

You can do both man : /
It sometimes helps to see how others move and use tools in a game. Gives you perspective on things you may not have known or would have discovered for some time otherwise. Its part of why I wish all fighting games had youtube uploading as an option like Mario Kart 8 did. The amount of stuff you can learn and share thanks to streams is pretty huge these days. I still remember the sudden tidal wave of Phoenix, and LVL 1 Xfactor Wolverine in MVC3 vanilla after a couple streams went down. By the end of the week they were all anyone talked about.
Man, I miss Vanilla Phoenix. :-(

Or rather, I just miss her not getting fucked over by random mechanics solely intended to fuck over Phoenix.

shaowebb

i meant official games. though . . . well, i'm sure sg will be there in some form

So was TVC last year. I'd like to see Skullgirls though get something more standard and official setup than either had last year though. Its scene is pretty cool. Just sorta feels like its the side tourney everyone shows up with though.
Man, I miss Vanilla Phoenix. :-(

Or rather, I just miss her not getting fucked over by random mechanics solely intended to fuck over Phoenix.

Just talking about the TAC changes or all the changes to her air actions and zoning as well? Honestly, If I could have played the character with normal health and no Dark form I would've loved to. Fantastic moveset.

So was TVC last year. I'd like to see Skullgirls though get something more standard and official setup than either had last year though. Its scene is pretty cool. Just sorta feels like its the side tourney everyone shows up with though.
Didn't you say that you got TvC working online with Dolphin, or something?

Just talking about the TAC changes or all the changes to her air actions and zoning as well? Honestly, If I could have played the character with normal health and no Dark form I would've loved to. Fantastic moveset.
She would be super OP without changes. :p I played her on point without assists for the last 6 months of Vanilla.

Just the TAC changes, and Morrigan Soul Drain countering her hard. Vanilla aerial TK Shot was pretty dumb.

if L0 ever makes a sequel i'm sure it'll be there, combo breaker is probably the place to get your high level sg fix from though

shaowebb

Didn't you say that you got TvC working online with Dolphin, or something?
Yup! I play Faded Revolution when he spots me live on Steam and he just shoots me a PM to get me to logon to it. Theres lag, but I've played worse. I get bodied a lot and like always my focus is spread across too many games and projects to lab anything. Still I learn a lot from him and if I could ever get a solid BNB with Tekkaman Blade goin I'd be alright. I'm pretty cozy with my Polimar.

She would be super OP without changes. :p I played her on point without assists for the last 6 months of Vanilla.

Just the TAC changes, and Morrigan Soul Drain countering her hard. Vanilla aerial TK Shot was pretty dumb.

Okay, then. I didn't know if you were mad at all the changes or just the general environment becoming one the robs meter. Honestly a lot of anti Phoenix tech was getting developed though so its not like she was gonna remain completely bullet proof. Its Marvel though...bullshit vs bullshit the game. Did we expect them to balance dumb with anything other than more dumb?
if L0 ever makes a sequel i'm sure it'll be there, combo breaker is probably the place to get your high level sg fix from though

If I win Powerball, I meant it when I said it all those years ago...I dont even care that I'm doin my own shit. I'd fund Skullgirls. It deserves to fully be realized someday.

Yup! I play Faded Revolution when he spots me live on Steam and he just shoots me a PM to get me to logon to it. Theres lag, but I've played worse. I get bodied a lot and like always my focus is spread across too many games and projects to lab anything. Still I learn a lot from him and if I could ever get a solid BNB with Tekkaman Blade goin I'd be alright. I'm pretty cozy with my Polimar.
Hmm. Who would I play in this game?

Okay, then. I didn't know if you were mad at all the changes or just the general environment becoming one the robs meter. Honestly a lot of anti Phoenix tech was getting developed though so its not like she was gonna remain completely bullet proof. Its Marvel though...bullshit vs bullshit the game. Did we expect them to balance dumb with anything other than more dumb?
TACs already piss me off, so it's like a kick in the nuts.

shaowebb

Hmm. Who would I play in this game?

You like fullscreen stuff so I'd say you'd enjoy Megaman Volnutt or Saki. You wont get a Dormammu though, but these two control space well with projectiles. There is a lot of fun to be had though throughout the cast.

Volnutt is probably your man for zoning though. He's a stance changer who can become immune to chip, use rapid fire, or use a drill.

Another character who has long range tools thats good on zoner teams is Ippatsuman. He has these odd angled projectiles and a really great way in around projectiles in that he can use his long range slide and cancel into light DP to make it safe on block. That and the fact that he has a grab super in the air lets him end any launcher combo in damage ( he torture racks folks). Nice thing is he has what Nova took...a full screen dash attack and its his assist. He also has a Captain Corridor-like move. This character would probably couple well with Volnutt or Saki to help keep folks out and since Ippatsuman has a super that shoots out a HUGE wave of baseballs he can force folks out easy too via Super or DHC. All around a great character to team with. Here's a little bit of Royal Flush using him and also This vid shows his zoning tools off some

For once I'd actually suggest Gamefaqs for good breakdowns.

Catching up on Excellent Adventures and Kenny Omega is just as amazing here as he is from the little I caught of NJPW.

The Kenny Omega Special was super hilarious, but its totally something he'd do.

Anyone here have experience with Bandicam and fightcade? I can record Skullgirls footage well enough, but fightcade footage shows the video offset to the left for some reason. Bandicam is pretty good at a glance. I hope I can make it work with fightcade for 3S and VSav footage.
If I win Powerball, I meant it when I said it all those years ago...I dont even care that I'm doin my own shit. I'd fund Skullgirls. It deserves to fully be realized someday.
Skullgirls 2 is the dream. A fully realized Skullgirls with it's full cast would need a philosopher's stone. It's pretty crazy that just 15 million dollars could be enough to get the entire cast made. That is a pittance compared to modern AAA budgets.
This is more important than you make it out to be, IMO. In marvel 3, I can think, "Hmm, I want to try out Hawkeye assist against dudes at my local tonight," go into training mode, and figure out a basic combo for Hawkeye with no need for external information and have something usable (enough) in literally 5 minutes, even if I've never played the character before. Of course, if I enjoyed using that team, I'd do my research and learn legit bnbs, but for experimenting, that kind of thing is fine. If I'm playing a game where team synergy stuff is one of the main draws, I can't imagine doing it without some kind of similar system in place. Team synergy stuff is fun because you can experiment and try out all kinds of different team configurations- minimizing the barrier to doing that is essential.
I'm content so long as we've got MvC3 chains. SG has it's own pluses, though. Every character being able to OTG with their low or standing normals is a godsend. I HATED the need for OTG assists in MvC3. Locking out such a fundamental mechanic for most of the cast is dated design to me.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
thanks for making the group, CountBlackule

now to play the waiting game and hope SF V has decent infrastructure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom