• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinMaruku

She aint even about it
Seen more of your Juri in the other thread so you ain't completely hopeless

But my Juri is ass

As in purple throw? A lot of it has to do with Throw Reject Miss. TRM state actually kicks in super early if you input a throw when a throw actually can't come out (like blockstun) compared to a whiffed throw. This also includes people that hide their throw tech during barrier. Which is why you'll see Ragna and Relius go for 5A whiff into throw. Purple throw, you'll see people get it off of things like Izayoi 2A or Jin 5B (5B > throw gatling was removed in CF however). When you see high level play and a TRM goes off, a lot of it is because they'll notice the barrier flash due to the barrier tech OS and pick up on player tendencies.

Haha, I was initially being sarcastic about what a throw is but there's some good info here.

I don't really get what you mean by hiding the tech with barrier though. I thought you had to do a neutral B+C to break a throw.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
after aris' stream last night i'm kinda wanting to learn SC2 in a real way. anyone up for the journey? i only have it on 360.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Ibuki should actually look more like a kunoichi instead of some pandering thighs type of character.

Dreamcast was dead at that point - I don't recall a DC version but it would be cool if there was. SC on DC was such a showcase game for what that console could do and the quest mode was pretty good (if not as good as Edge Master in Soul Blade).

The story mode on that was godlike. I just did it to get all the custom weapons and just to play for the hell of it, felt like a nice RPG within the game. If only other games would follow suit -_-

kunoichi dressed in plain clothes, usually similar to farmers or merchants, and often in disguises. Thats incredibly boring. "Thighs pandering" is basically as accurate as any other stereotypical pop culture ninja clothes

That's what I don't want and its gender specific if I'm recalling correctly or my animu is just off.

Ibuki should actually look more like a kunoichi instead of some pandering thighs type of character.

The story mode on that was godlike. I just did it to get all the custom weapons and just to play for the hell of it, felt like a nice RPG within the game. If only other games would follow suit -_-
kunoichi dressed in plain clothes, usually similar to farmers or merchants, and often in disguises. Thats incredibly boring. "Thighs pandering" is basically as accurate as any other stereotypical pop culture ninja clothes

Rhapsody

Banned
Haha, I was initially being sarcastic about what a throw is but there's some good info here.

I don't really get what you mean by hiding the tech with barrier though. I thought you had to do a neutral B+C to break a throw.

No, you can tech despite whatever direction you're holding or pressing. You don't have to put the controller to neutral.

FACE

Banned
as a Q player this match was like watching a maestro play an eloquent symphony

the use of st. Mk to set distance. the parries. so sexy

of course the end of the day, it still a makoto v Q match and her dash will always end up stuffing most sets

When he makes the grab whiff by standing up at the right time and punishes it with cl mk into super my pants tightened up.

When he makes the grab whiff by standing up at the right time and punishes it with cl mk into super my pants tightened up.

im still iffy on the sa2 choice.

i want to say that the 3 round format allowed for quick fill up, but i always liked sa1 for meter management.

i also want to say that sa2 allows for ghetto air juggles like in match 3. the higher damage overall is also nice but i dont know if losing 1 extra bar was worth it. maybe it was psychological since it forces kuroma to not be less yolo for mid screen supers (like me )

but alas he's the god, i'm a nub

jerry1594

Q's hitbox is weird, when he's standing up it's momentarily an air hitbox so it can only be air thrown. Players exploit this by kind of spamming up and down.

FACE

Banned
Q's hitbox is weird, when he's standing up it's momentarily an air hitbox so it can only be air thrown. Players exploit this by kind of spamming up and down.

I know about that, but reacting to Makoto's dash in grab by doing that is probably pretty damned hard and Kuroda does it multiple times on that set.

BTW If y'all are interested in watching more Kuroda FT10s here's the channel UD got those vids from: https://www.youtube.com/user/shupure/videos LOTS of NSFW videos there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom