• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at these replays. I'm so proud of myself. ;_;

Check out these replays everyone! I'm VERY proud of this series of matches! I learned A LOT tonight despite not one win! WOO! Look at me play aggressive in SF!

versus Evil Ryu

versus Makoto

Look at me get fierce!

bkv8T6h.gif

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Try a low after you guard break with Rachel, you will blow up some fool hardy people.
if it doesnt give advantage how does this differ
from just doing the low instead of the GB? since the only time you'd use a GB is when you already have advantage?

Dahbomb

What the fuck is the point of a guard break if I don't even get frame advantage after it?
Itagaki called these moves skill testers.

Ie. Purposely bad moves in the game that need skill set to figure out if they are good or bad.

Same shit as Ninja Gaiden and especially NG2 where like 80% of a weapon's movelist was garbage/unusable at high difficulty settings.

Hearthstone uses this design philosophy as well.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Ie. Purposely bad moves in the game that need skill set to figure out if they are good or bad.

Same shit as Ninja Gaiden and especially NG2 where like 80% of a weapon's movelist was garbage/unusable at high difficulty settings.

So does MvC3 :p

That is dumb as shit, my friend.

Uploading 1 hour and 15 minutes of me playing DoA5 for the first time.

Crouch

And DoA has a lot of stupid shit like the guard crush stuff. :/
As long as we can agree it's stupid. :p

On the other hand, Rachel's PPT string seems pretty amazing. Truth?

Side step. It will completely whiff. Then you can punish.
Alright. I tried sidestepping Marie Rose's flip grab, but it always tracked. Looks like I just need to jab it out.

floe just used knights of the round for the first time lmao
I remember doing that vs. Sephiroth for the first time. Never got to see his attacks. :-/

Line_HTX

I feel like ArcSys got pissed after they saw how it turned out and just said fuck it we'll animate the GG anime ourselves. Then we got Xrds story mode

I don't even remember what studio did that adaptation. Like, even though it was essentially a retelling of Calamity Trigger, everything about that anime was full of brain damage.

Rhapsody

Banned
I think I maybe got to the hot springs episode of BB and then called it quits...

No, I'm not against fanservice, but the anime was really bad overall that I couldn't take it lol

is it any good
No offense but the FGC isn't interesting enough to do a documentary on. KoCT and I Got Next were both completely mundane. Bang the Machine only means something in the historical context of the scene itself. Focus is the best one but even that is not that great. From what I've seen from the released footage of RoT FGC it's just not compelling stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom