• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Ross said it's going to be like 3rd Strike where everyone plays Elena/Evil Ryu plus some Vortex characters like Seth/Ibuki.

But it's Mike Ross so meh.

It's going to be like umvc3 where results are more jumbled because no one is in practice.

And people will proclaim that usf4 is the best fighting game because it's the most "balanced", look at all the different characters, yatta yatta

Tournaments are already making Ultra side events once SFV hits.

That's just Angelic's tournament. Final Round it's a main game.

Though the game isn't going to be run at WNF anymore and they're the trend setters of this community.

shaowebb

shaowebb do you still have issues running the ROMs from the Neo Geo bundle? If you plan on offline play, Final Burn Alpha emulator runs the games just fine.

Everything works now :)
I posted it a page or so back. I had a windows update pending and *poof!* fixed everything. Both Fightcade as well as the built in emulator dotemu attached to the games.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
It was in Third Strike but the thing I thought about immediately was Virtua Fighter and how certain moves beat other ones even on trade.

Small note about this
the only time moves trade in VF is when they have the same damage value while also colliding on the same frame
If two moves collide on the same frame, the one with the higher damage value wins, everytime, always

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
There should be a big Omega edition tournament with all the big boys. Daigo would probably go vanilla Ryu.

Dahbomb

And people will proclaim that usf4 is the best fighting game because it's the most "balanced", look at all the different characters, yatta yatta
How is that different from right now?

And let's be real here UMVC3 has had less jumbled results than USF4 for a long ass time. EVO and Canada Cup were the only times where results ended up being really different and after that it has been business as usual for the most part. So what you mean to say is that USF4 will have even more messed up results than it is now.

On that I will say that people who keep playing will do better and those that don't will not. So just like every fighting game made. Well with the exception of MVC2, Justin Wong will always be the best until he is dead.

Dahbomb

Yeah aren't Omega characters the best? I know I would play Omega Guile if I had the option.

They should totally do Omega USF4 tournaments though.

Tripon

Most of the Vanilla versions have crazy damage potential, even compared to the Omega versions. Plus, players would probably be more familar/comfortable with vanilla versions vs. learning a brand new version for Omega.

How is that different from right now?

And let's be real here UMVC3 has had less jumbled results than USF4 for a long ass time. EVO and Canada Cup were the only times where results ended up being really different and after that it has been business as usual for the most part. So what you mean to say is that USF4 will have even more messed up results than it is now.

Current USF4 results aren't messed up, at least in the same way. You have different people winning tournaments, but that's because of player skill density. What happens is pretty consistent. It's why anyone who knew anything knew Kazunoko was going to win Capcom Cup after winners round 2.

I correctly predicted Momochi going 1-2 after looking at the bracket a week before the event. Can't do that shit for Marvel. Ever.

ShinMaruku

Japan did work in DOA, it's pretty intresting. Also Ayane doing work :E
12317470_1694256504121716_477382578_n.jpg

Small note about this
the only time moves trade in VF is when they have the same damage value while also colliding on the same frame
If two moves collide on the same frame, the one with the higher damage value wins, everytime, always

Thanks for the reminder. ^^

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah I meant editions select. Vanilla Ryu had the damage and supers and ultras off trades. They could easily do it at EVO. Since SFIV is no longer the main attraction mind as well have a end all edition select tournament. The skills of top players now with the craziness of vanilla and previous characters would be fun to watch.

Infinite

Current USF4 results aren't messed up, at least in the same way. You have different people winning tournaments, but that's because of player skill density. What happens is pretty consistent. It's why anyone who knew anything knew Kazunoko was going to win Capcom Cup after winners round 2.

I correctly predicted Momochi going 1-2 after looking at the bracket a week before the event. Can't do that shit for Marvel. Ever.

didnt you say momochi will go 0-2?

isn't that because marvel is random as shit

ShinMaruku

isn't that because marvel is random as shit

It's less that marvel is random as hell but the player skill level at the top is much more variable, since it's a yank game very few people will go deep in da science and reads into it like if a player outside of NA broke it down.

MrKai

Neo Member
I don't know why people aren't worried about SFV. Game seems extremely dumbed down. Lab time will not be a thing there. Limited and easy combos prevail.

ShinMaruku

I don't know why people aren't worried about SFV. Game seems extremely dumbed down. Lab time will not be a thing there. Limited and easy combos prevail.
People said the same about sf4. You can't really judge a game until it's fully out. Also it's daft to compare it to something with eleventy billion additions. Do you remember base sf4?

Deps

I don't know why people aren't worried about SFV. Game seems extremely dumbed down. Lab time will not be a thing there. Limited and easy combos prevail

Sounds good to me. A less tech heavy game means people can work on improving their non-existent footsies rather than grinding setups all day.

Dahbomb

Let me see your bracket to see how well you called everything in USF4 at Capcom Cup.

And how many people had Kazunoko winning Capcom Cup? Or even correctly called the first ROUND of the tournament? Come on now son, you are feeling yourself over calling Momochi going 1-2? Should I feel myself for the dozens of times I have called Chris or FChamp winning a tournament?

You mean you spend more time playing the game than playing against a training dummy? How terrible.

Sounds good to me. A less tech heavy game means people can work on improving their non-existent footsies rather than grinding setups all day.

In an ideal world. The word tech is overused in competitive fighting games. It's because people like mechanical games.

Let me see your bracket to see how well you called everything in USF4 at Capcom Cup.

And how many people had Kazunoko winning Capcom Cup? Or even correctly called the first ROUND of the tournament? Come on now son, you are feeling yourself over calling Momochi going 1-2? Should I feel myself for the dozens of times I have called Chris or FChamp winning a tournament?

You're missing the point.

ShinMaruku

I love how from a early setting people are predicting how a game is gonna fail because it's not what they spent years on.

so you're saying we should be worried that people without fundamentals won't have a wall to hide behind and might be exposed

Tripon

Only people who should be worried are the mid tier SF4 only players.
There are a lot of mid tier SF4 players.

Anyway, its fine if you are worried about SFV. But hopefully, people realize that the GE is still in development, and the aspect of the game you are worried about is still in development and might have already changed already.

ShinMaruku

I think there are far more low tier players than mid. :p Mid will just adapt like thye did to 4. Or they find another game. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom