• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulva

You're right bro professors with 40 years of teaching experience, award winning Indie film makes, professionals in the industy they don't know shit but a scrub Chun Li on GAF, best film critic in the world.

I'm more talking about the generic use of the term film school. If you can source something more specific that would be appreciated. Otherwise just making a broad statement means nothing.

I know this because movie directors agree with me.

Dahbomb

Man you guys are lucky to be watching some of these movies, I want to watch some of those movies on the list but they have such limited releases like Anomalisa.

vulva

Man you guys are lucky to be watching some of these movies, I want to watch some of those movies on the list but they have such limited releases like Anomalisa.

Every year I go crazy at TIFF. I think I saw around 23 movies there this year.

Grakl

Uhh

1. Mad Max
2. Paddington (USA release..)
3. Inside Out
4. Spy
5. The Martian
6. Ex Machina

Hateful 8 was ok but tarantino's weakest film, good Dinosaur was beautiful but was meh otherwise, saw a couple others but probably forgetful.

I would love to see more Indie shit but just haven't yet

Numb

Calling Mad Max a snoozefest

eceb9898f04edbd28dcbf2c182d0f18f.437x240x42.gif

notworksafe

Mad Max was awful. The plot was "we drove in a circle and an old man died, the end". Literally every single action sequence was the same pace, same shit, over and over and over and over. Boring garbage.

You used to be cool, George Miller.

notworksafe

Mad Max reminded me of a Marvel movie. Boring and repetitive pacing, a director who can't do action (or can't anymore), and a sprinking of quips to add humor for no reason.

Mad Max was awful. The plot was "we drove in a circle and an old man died, the end". Literally every single action sequence was the same pace, same shit, over and over and over and over. Boring garbage.

You used to be cool, George Miller.

speaking of absolutely worthless opinions

notworksafe

Except for X-Men movies and GotG, right?

GotG is the one Marvel movie I really enjoyed, which is funny because it has all the things I complain about in Marvel movies but I have a soft spot for James Gunn.

For X-Men, I really liked X2 and First Class. 1 and 3 were just okay. Haven't seen the others.

Neoxon

GotG is the one Marvel movie I really enjoyed, which is funny because it has all the things I complain about in Marvel movies but I have a soft spot for James Gunn.

For X-Men, I really liked X2 and First Class. 1 and 3 were just okay. Haven't seen the others.
......You dodged a bullet there, my friend.

notworksafe

If there's any book/cast of characters that style is going to work for, it's going to be for GotG. It's hard to make a self serious movie about a walking tree and his angry raccoon buddy so I'm glad Gunn went the opposite route.

Neoxon

If there's any book/cast of characters that style is going to work for, it's going to be for GotG. It's hard to make a self serious movie about a walking tree and his angry raccoon buddy so I'm glad Gunn went the opposite route.
Funny enough, it was Feige who told Gunn to go nuts with the movie.

notworksafe

GotG > Episode 7 when it comes to space faring buddies doing space stuff

But that's a real weird comparison because Episode 7 is 1/3rd of a story (or is it 1/9th of a story?)

mbpm1

I'd say for great action flicks someone like Carpenter has way better output, as an example. I just want to make sure I'm thinking in the same space though since I'm not 100% clear on what we're discussing that would qualify in that discussion.

I like his movies, but Carpenter barely makes anything lol, how can you say that.

Big Trouble is da god tho

I thought Starcraft was ripping off Warhammer 40k.

It was but it also ripped off a ton of other things as homages...just like Warhammer 40K.

Not that that's a bad thing, give me my space Vikings anyday

mbpm1

actually I'm curious what fgcgaf's top 10 movies of the year would be. I was thinking about it right now and this is my tentative list but there's a good chance I'm forgetting things that came out this year.

1. the assassin
2. carol
3. green room
4. mountains may depart
5. the witch
6. right now, wrong then
7. cemetery of splendour
8. mistress america
9. room
10. tangerine

This is cool

I need to watch the assassin but I kept getting distracted when I tried it.

Tbh I used to watch way more movies, my top 10 of 2015 list would just be "the movies I watched in 2015 bc i saw like nothing"

so that'd be just, jurassic world, mad max, age of ultron, sha po lang 2, kung fu killer, terminator genesiys, inside out, star wars tfa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom