• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

『Inaba Resident』;191986274 said:
What's the button layout for this game? The universal and evasion stuff sounds really interesting.
With the assists, are there multiple ones per character like Marvel 3 or is it similar to Dengeki where one character only has one possible assist?
Overall, this game has my attention now. Was already a bit interested in it but after reading all of this (especially two button throws thank fucking god),
I looked up Saya no Uta why didn't i listen

Actually the way assists work in Nitroplus Blasterz is pick a character, then pick 2 different assists to team with them. This way, like marvel, you can take one character and back them with two assists. Its not a tag game so this is how Nitroplus handled it and their method of balancing assists since you can pick any two is to have very different cooldowns for each one.. Dengeki only let you pick one assist, but the thing most people didn't know about from trailers is that each assist had TWO different moves. A neutral one and one that can be done by hitting a direction and assist. So Dengeki also had two assists on deck, but since you couldn't choose any two you wanted and could only choose one person and the two moves they had you needed to be more strategic in who you chose in case you needed their "plan B" assist.

Fun Fact about N+...YOU CAN HAVE TWO ASSISTS AT THE SAME TIME.

Q91MtOo.gif

N+ is a 5 button fighter L, M, H, escape action, heavy action. Here is a system rundown vid so you can get an idea of how it is

The Heavy Action button stuff like Guard Crushes, Wall splats, and all that is actually not entirely new for EXAMU. Arcana Heart uses much of this. In lieu of the evasive stuff like dodges and air dodging it used a homing dash button, massive screen height, steerable homing dashes, and a shitload of dash cancels and such. In other words, it made you have crazy air mobility instead of dodges in Arcana Heart. I highly recommend the title given you can equip an entire character's worth of specials, supers, ultras, custom xfactors and passive abilities onto any character all balanced via changes to your def/atk. Here is the Arcana Heart 3 Love Max OT as a quick reference to character documentation and Arcanas. Its on steam with region free online matchmaking and its pretty great too.
iYqzEz0.gif
vB4ZrHw.gif

I haven't gotten to play N+ yet and wont for a few more weeks. From what I've seen it seems worth it. Very footsie heavy. I also highly recommend Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition to folks. It really takes off once you get down the rhythm of doing EX and Ranbu a lot to build blast and then using Blast meter to "xfactor" over and over to gain meter and bonuses. Trump cards are also hype. Not as extreme as HD combos, but they let you go crazy out there for a period and every round you lose you gain a trump card back meaning you can go ham in round one and use both trumps, lose and still be good.

Tripon

KiT is this weekend. I guess I have to go run that thing or something.
That reminds me, you want to do a write up on what KiT is for the weekend tournament thread? I'll likely make it by Thursday night.

Genesis 3 (the big Smash major) will also be this weekend, but I suspect a Smash person will make that thread.

Anne

Damn I guess someone should notify the Marvel Live guys.

Probably? I don't know what Marvel Live even is. That's not my job tbh. I didn't do any promo stuff this year cause stuff. More of a logistics and floor person these days cause that's what I'm good at.

That reminds me, you want to do a write up on what KiT is for the weekend tournament thread? I'll likely make it by Thursday night.

Genesis 3 (the big Smash major) will also be this weekend, but I suspect a Smash person will make that thread.

Sure, go for it. I'm just personally laying low these days.

karst levels up too quickly lol
The sign of progress:
77283ZO.png

GGs man, that was a ton of fun. I need to start varying my inputs and stop mashing so I don't get countered so much. If I can do that, and figure out how to handle the wakeup kicks, I think I'll be in a much better position.

vulva

i'm sorry vulva but i do not get the assassin at all even though i enjoyed hhh's other works like city of sadness and millenium mambo. i do not think his directing/editing style was suitable for the screenplay or the story that he adapted.

anyway, i know i'm a bit late but here's my arbitrary top 9 films of 2015 (can't think of another one that can be considered as a top film from last year)

mad max
inside out
timbuktu
look of silence
what we do in the shadows
sicario
jauja
steve jobs
slow west
I obviously disagree, but taste will always be subjective. I feel like he does a great job of getting Shu Qi to evoke so much emotion and input through next to no dialogue. She essentially tells her own tale throughout the film without outright stating anything.

The story itself is very minimal since it's more of a mood piece while doing an absolutely gorgeous job of capturing the era. It hits all the notes of political strife and betrayal while containing a very minimal story about a woman who's still in love.

Then there's the fact that the movie's just utterly gorgeous. Any given moment in that film as a screencap can look like a perfectly crafted photograph. The shot where she's hiding behind the curtains (I'm assuming this was a call back to flowers of shanghai) in particular stuck out for me. I've seen the movie four times now and each time I find something new to love.

For me, at least, the film was about as perfect as a film can get.

play VF with me it's the Big Night of video games

i will be paying close attention to your response

Well I've never see Big Night (something about it didn't grab my interest and was never in a position where it was on my mind to watch it) but I'm certainly not opposed. I played VF for like an hour or two with Oichi a couple years ago and I had a great time learning how it functions. 3D fighters are still a mystery to me, albeit partially because they don't really interest me for very superficial reasons, but I'm not at all opposed to playing the game. Especially since I know you're running Pai lately and she was the character I enjoyed. I remember Oichi showing me some cool strings of hers than end with her swan kicks.

K.Sabot

Took me all of 10 minutes on the Hori Fighting Commander 4 to get at least 80% back to my millia execution. Controller is pretty good.

The sign of progress:
http://i.imgur.com/77283ZO.png[img]

GGs man, that was a ton of fun. I need to start varying my inputs and stop mashing so I don't get countered so much. If I can do that, and figure out how to handle the wakeup kicks, I think I'll be in a much better position.[/QUOTE]

lol wait til i get this pai fully baked

but yea, long sets are fun. you didn't seem to be getting caught in counters at some unusually high rate, but i guess you'd prefer to never have to eat one lol. even though with pai it's just jab damage

didn't kumubou say there are moves that will outright beat both wakeup kicks?

lol wait til i get this pai fully baked

but yea, long sets are fun. you didn't seem to be getting caught in counters at some unusually high rate, but i guess you'd prefer to never have to eat one lol. even though with pai it's just jab damage

I don't think there are. I think you have to read the kick and counter/crush.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
if its like vf* any move that does a certain dmg or more will beat wakeup kicks but you have to practice the timing. really the best route is to simply block it on reaction, it's not even difficult to do. just take the advantage.

*how oneida starts 1/3rd of his posts

Skilletor

if its like vf* any move that does a certain dmg or more will beat wakeup kicks but you have to practice the timing. really the best route is to simply block it on reaction, it's not even difficult to do. just take the advantage.

*how oneida starts 1/3rd of his posts

This is correct.

Anne

Quoting this again cause I Realize I have no time to do this now orz

Sayad

Took me all of 10 minutes on the Hori Fighting Commander 4 to get at least 80% back to my millia execution. Controller is pretty good.
How "loose" is the d-pad?

The rubber holding my DS4's d-pad got torn, so I changed it with the rubber from an old DS3 controller, feels really light now and it's hard for me to play with any other DS4 controller now. Always wanted to try one of those FGs controllers.

Capcpom not allowing F.A.N.G to be played during this week's WinnerStaysOn stream was some BS.

Capcom must really think that nobody is ready for the poison man. Nobody except Kazunoko and Misse I guess.

Related to that video, man I really love them normals on FANG. Between Birdie and FANG, SFV might be the first SF that I genuinely love.

...what I don't love is Amazon twiddling their thumbs with DOA 5 LR getting back in stock. I placed an order for a PS4 copy on New Year's Eve, and they ran out of copies. It's nearly two weeks later, and they still haven't gotten any copies. I could order a copy from one of the Amazon venders, but they're not selling it for under $25. All I want is to play Leon and desert falcon people into walls.

K.Sabot

How "loose" is the d-pad?

The rubber holding my DS4's d-pad got torn, so I changed it with the rubber from an old DS3 controller, feels really light now and it's hard for me to play with any other DS4 controller now. Always wanted to try one of those FGs controllers.

It's looser than a ds4 dpad, also easier to control because of its raised nature.

Kumubou

i was gonna buy it after reading this but it's no longer on sale

>__<
I have a couple of extra ones (that I was going to use for pad hacks but didn't) that I could sell you. Japanese model (but I don't think there is a difference outside of the boxes) and they've never been used.

Wallach

"That's not fucking skill! this is nothing but sf4 fuckery. This ain't skill, this ain't about footsies"

says LTG.

as he plays Rolento.

he tilts so hard smug smacks him twenty years into the past and he still doesn't even know what is going on, cracked me up

Dope EDGE SFV cover. They're HUGE SF4 fans, so this makes sense...wonder if it has any new info
I think EDGE is the only publication I respect these days. Consistently good taste in games.

Online, I only pay attention to rpgamer. I used to listen to joystiq, but then they did their MvC3 review...lol.

Numb

Yeah, they did.

I also have some respect for Gametrailers.

It's probably not a coincidence that the two publications I respect chose Bloodborne for GOTY.

A time i only watched the GT vid reviews. They are cool
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is GOTY tho then Bloodborne

I think all the publications I like chose Bloodborne. Also, for some reason, they're all UK based

-Eurogamer
-Edge
-Metro
-Telegraph
-The Guardian

Now we await NeoGAF...

A time i only watched the GT vid reviews. They are cool
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is GOTY tho then Bloodborne
MH4U would need a Wii U port to compete, for me. I can't stand playing MH with handheld controls. It's a shame, too, because my wife loved playing MH3U with me.

I think all the publications I like chose Bloodborne. Also, for some reason, they're all UK based

-Eurogamer
-Edge
-Metro
-Telegraph
-The Guardian

Now we await NeoGAF...
Expecting GAF to choose Witcher 3. Multiplat = more votes.

Numb

MH4U would need a Wii U port to compete, for me. I can't stand playing MH with handheld controls. It's a shame, too, because my wife loved playing MH3U with me.

3DS market way bigger to bother
Maybe next gen the NX will shake things up

-Eurogamer
-Edge
-Metro
-Telegraph
-The Guardian

Now we await NeoGAF...
Gaf loves saying Bloodborne ot robbed
Will be hilarious if they themselves don't choose it.
And Karst Bayo won(which it deserved) without the multiplat. Altho Witcher is indeed much bigger and BB stands less of a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom