• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS market way bigger to bother
Maybe next gen the NX will shake things up
Gaf loves saying Bloodborne ot robbed
Will be hilarious if they themselves don't choose it.
And Karst Bayo won(which it deserved) without the multiplat. Altho Witcher is indeed much bigger and BB stands less of a chance

Never underestimate the power of SonyGAF + Miyazaki love

Bruh, Bayo 2 won last year. Multiplat don't mean shit.
I stand corrected; I wonder what GAF will pick.

Dahbomb

Does it matter? Witcher 3 and BB are both good games.
A lot of people have a very "there can be only one" mentality when it comes to these things.

Funniest thing on GAF has to be MGSV winning GOTY then people were like "bull shit it was the hype, game would never win again in a revote". Well GAF revoted 2 years down the line and it won GOTY again!

I honestly think of they did the Dark Souls/Skyrim/Portal GOTY again then DS would win but it wouldn't be fair because opinions on the game have improved after the PC version (with the DSFix) and the DLC releases which weren't available at the time. Which is why I think it's not fair to have GOTY revotes, they are like a time bubble and also are representatives of trends and fads of the time.

Beckx

has this been mentioned? amazon now does a 20% off pre-orders for prime customers, so SFV PS4 physical is $47.99 for prime customers.

Idk. I get a vibe of people wanting their opinion validated somehow or what i like is the best. And there can only be one mentality of course.

I like best of year in no particular order lists if anything.

I guess that's wanting ones opinion validated too i guess, haha.

I don't think it's a big deal. They are all good games with flaws. Imo of course.

being GAF game of the year is the film school of winning discussing over game quality

my knowledge is only as extensive as my netflix account

Idk. I get a vibe of people wanting their opinion validated somehow or what i like is the best.

I like best of year in no particular order lists if anything.

I guess that's wanting ones opinion validated too i guess, haha.

I don't think it's a big deal. They are all good games with flaws. Imo of course.

i gave up wanting my opinion validated when i had more hours playing clayfighter 63 1/3 than KoF.

but dat chromehounds can match any FROM title son im telling you

has this been mentioned? amazon now does a 20% off pre-orders for prime customers, so SFV PS4 physical is $47.99 for prime customers.

my prime trail expired today so yesterday i pretty much just preodered every 2016 release I was interested in to take advantage, lol.

Tornix

I'll still use GCU since BB is on my way home from work. I figure whatever I can't get there I'll use Prime. Nice to know either way I can get 20% off.

im extremely interested on the music/theme selection of sf5.

i've been clamoring for randomized themes/manual selection during fights. would be a nice touch.

Beckx

Answering my own question about Brook converters, it looks like PS4 firmware updates can disable them and then you're waiting until the Brook folks figure out a converter firmware update to fix it. $40 better spent on FC4 for me I guess.

Or I just get SFV on PC.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Why does Japan get both covers for SFV? The ryu rise up one and the romcom ryu and chun li one. I want to rock the romcom one.

The Work OS is strong, but does considerable gray damage to your lifebar.

I can recover the gray damage by sleeping. I won't be getting any of it though this week with the part I'm going to ;_;

Answering my own question about Brook converters, it looks like PS4 firmware updates can disable them and then you're waiting until the Brook folks figure out a converter firmware update to fix it. $40 better spent on FC4 for me I guess.

Or I just get SFV on PC.

I bought a hori fighting pad just cause of that. At first it worked beautifully, then after an update, it would disconnect it after like 4-5 minutes. Now its just bad ;_;

Or I just get SFV on PC.

They were disabled a few updates ago and had the 8 min timeout put on them but the Brook people fixed it in a day.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
『Inaba Resident』;192084146 said:
They were disabled a few updates ago and had the 8 min timeout put on them but the Brook people fixed it in a day.

So I need to buy a new converter?

pixelish

just saw this on r/kappa and i was stunned by how much of an uncanny resemblance the dude in this pic has to valle lol
dZ7g59.jpg

Nightii

Banned
I played a bunch of Third Strike yesterday at work, decided to try something different so I played as Urien and Chun Li instead of Ryu/Q.

Urien is a lot of fun! I don't have the Aegis setups down pat, but using the move is overall super satisfactory. Chun Li made me feel like I had unlimited power in my hands, it was dirty and tempting...

Also, one of my coworkers insisted on trying to pull off EVO Moment 37 on a lot of matches, he never got even the first parry.

lol at anyone who thinks Zelda will be usurped as GAF's best game in 2016

Not enough people will play it to make it win though.

Also something something NX NX something.

Nintendo games cap out around 1,100 points in the GOTY voting the last five years. Meanwhile, the super well-received TLOU got over 2,200. If UC4 is as good as I think its gonna be(aka the best in the series by a fair margin), nothing is standing in its way to GAF 2016 GotY. Not Mass Effect, Zelda, Persona, Final Fantasy, TLG, nothing....

Dahbomb

What Naughty Dog came out in 2014?

2014 was a weak year of gaming but a strong one for Wii U Bayo 2 was way ahead of everything else.

Nintendo games cap out around 1,100 points in the GOTY voting the last five years. Meanwhile, the super well-received TLOU got over 2,200. If UC4 is as good as I think its gonna be(aka the best in the series by a fair margin), nothing is standing in its way to GAF 2016 GotY. Not Mass Effect, Zelda, Persona, Final Fantasy, TLG, nothing....
TLG would split some of the votes for Uncharted. Plus I don't think 2016 will be as straight forward as the year for TLOU. If TLG is even decent it will be getting a lot of votes. Actually if TLG even releases it will get a lot of votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom