• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clawww

Nintendo games cap out around 1,100 points in the GOTY voting the last five years. Meanwhile, the super well-received TLOU got over 2,200. If UC4 is as good as I think its gonna be(aka the best in the series by a fair margin), nothing is standing in its way to GAF 2016 GotY. Not Mass Effect, Zelda, Persona, Final Fantasy, TLG, nothing....

2016 feels like every corner of the scene is gonna get a really solid GOTY-able game, so I feel like it might be really split. although I could see UC4 coming out on top as a result of people voting for lots of different stuff

shaowebb

After looking through just about every fighter I could think of I ended up with a pretty huge (and growing) list of design thoughts on them as I studied them. What's fun is when you find something so glaringly wrong in a game because you learn the most from them about what you really do like.

Case in point...I like assist games, but the idea of your assist being on the screen or a tag partner being on the screen and coming in irritates me. Its so visually distracting in games like Aquapazza and ESPECIALLY Vanguard Princess.

Watch this for a clear case of why assists shouldn't follow you on screen till summoned

Yeah yeah yeah, it "adds strategy" to movement because you have to position the assist this way, but it removes visual clarity and causes a lot of On screen confusion.Just ranting I guess, but this is probably the biggest bad design choice I've seen so far out of all the shit I've been digging through this past year.

What are some bad design moments that stood out the strongest to you guys?

2016 feels like every corner of the scene is gonna get a really solid GOTY-able game.

there's a lot of really promising games to fill out a top 10 list. Dark Souls, Deus Ex, Street Fighter, XCOM 2, 3D Mario(c'mon, we know its coming), Gears 4, Persona, Mirror's Edge, Nier Automata, Ni-Oh, Overwatch, Hyper Light Drfiter, Hitman, Cuphead, Tormet, Witness, etc etc. Could be a really stellar year if everything doesn't get delayed...think the gen is finally hitting its stride after a rocky couple of starting years

Numb

I wanna believe in a Persona this year but can't
Then realize in EU and double can't
Ni-Oh,Nier Automata,SFV dark souls 3, Zelda still gonna be amazing

I have 17 preorders for this year, and I havent preordered #FE, bravely second, or persona 5 yet as Im waiting to see if I will be able to get collectors editions for those

mbpm1

there's a lot of really promising games to fill out a top 10 list. Dark Souls, Deus Ex, Street Fighter, XCOM 2, 3D Mario(c'mon, we know its coming), Gears 4, Persona, Mirror's Edge, Nier Automata, Ni-Oh, Overwatch, Hyper Light Drfiter, Hitman, Cuphead, Tormet, Witness, etc etc. Could be a really stellar year if everything doesn't get delayed...think the gen is finally hitting its stride after a rocky couple of starting years
Jesus, I can't wait

Xcom 2 and sfv alone will consume my life Next month

Skilletor

Hey man, if you haven't watched that gameplay I uploaded yet, hold off on it for now. I have last night's gameplay uploading right now, and it's much more relevant for feedback than the first upload.

Forgot all about it after I got home. I'll definitely check out the new upload.

petghost

Banned
i think i take SF games more personally than any other game i played. like when someone acts like an idiot in 3s i get mad offended. just played a dude who did the same stupid shit every time (like cr. mk into dp without confirming on my wakeup) with no variation and then quit.

I wanna believe in a Persona this year but can't
Then realize in EU and double can't
Ni-Oh,Nier Automata,SFV dark souls 3, Zelda still gonna be amazing

Probably what I am looking forward to the most.
Man, 2017 sounds great.

Online, I only pay attention to rpgamer. I used to listen to joystiq, but then they did their MvC3 review...lol.
Joystiq has always been a joke, but it took their inability to fish (and to read a mini-map) to really drive this point home for the masses.

but dat chromehounds can match any FROM title son im telling you
Chromehounds was such a memorable online experience with features ahead of its time. Real shame that the party chat system ruined some of those elements, like it tends to do with many other multiplayer games.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
『Inaba Resident』;192085199 said:
Nah. Just got to do a firmware update. Its pretty simple and you should be able to get it from their site. That's what I did.

I'm assuming I just connect it to my PC and download it right?

My gray damage recovery rate goes down every year, I swear. It's frustrating.

Well, its random for me lol, poor soul.

I just need all my PS4 and Vita RPGs. Gimme that Trails of Cold Steel 2 and FFXV.

Oh and SMTIV Final for my 3DS.

WHAT IS THIS FINAL YOU SPEAK OF?!

still gotta finish xcom. Messed up and progressed through the story before I had the right equipment and haven't finished it.

So I watched the documentary. Thought it was ok, but had some issues with it. It spends the first 30 or so minutes as an introduction to the fgc/fighting games which I didn't really care about. Then it focuses on LI Joe and LK, which I also didn't think was great. Instead of telling one story really well, it kinda just told two different stories pretty okayish. It wouldve been better if esteban had focused on one instead of splitting it. I do approve of the music choice of moderator though.

Persona 5 is my most hyped game by a large fucking margin. Im hyped for blazblue central fiction after that if it actually makes it in a timely manner.

But 2016 is like a record high in games im hyped for.

Dahbomb

2016 is notable because it's the first time in a while where 3rd party Japanese devs are putting out a bunch of big titles. Before this it was just Nintendo doing the work for the company, now the rest are finally hitting their stride.. hopefully.

Numb

2016 is notable because it's the first time in a while where 3rd party Japanese devs are putting out a bunch of big titles. Before this it was just Nintendo doing the work for the company, now the rest are finally hitting their stride.. hopefully.

So many with UE4

ShinMaruku

They better hit their stride because I don't trust Western devs to rule in the roost alone, they are not as insane as Sony and Nintendo.

vulva

I'm pretty excited for 2016. A lot of games I'm looking forward to. SFV, Zelda and Mirror's Edge.

In all honesty, for me that's a lot these days.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
sometimes I wonder how people exist on video game forums and miss these things

I don't go on general anymore. Damn circlejerk on dumb topics and a surprising number of people who still have memberships. Unless its CBOAT, I don't bother anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3EFjFJgX3g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1nLcqaec4I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_A_8MFJPw

Its gonna be so good. So far its looking like its fixing most of the problems that SMT4 had.

God, this made me rock hard. I am so hype for SMTIV Final. I didn't finish SMT IV cause having to do all those dumb mini quests to fill in that chalice annoyed me. I didn't even know where 70% of the places were and didn't bother with all the spawns on the world map so hopefully they included a damn map for once.

Joystiq has always been a joke, but it took their inability to fish (and to read a mini-map) to really drive this point home for the masses.

Chromehounds was such a memorable online experience with features ahead of its time. Real shame that the party chat system ruined some of those elements, like it tends to do with many other multiplayer games.

yes!

my god an entire subclass of hounds and a major gameplay element nullified by out of game communications :C

but it was still fun.

you know CH also got torn by reviewers cause the offline aspect was heavily emphasized and wasn't up to snuff as the online component. we saw the same thing with monster hunter where a lot of reviewers were rough on the 1st MH cause the meat of the game was heavily based on the online component. except MH lucked out by perserverance, and Sega didn;t see much fruit in pushing CH any further.

Beckx

This is a pretty legit list but you should add Darkest Dungeon (which moves to full Steam release this month) because that game is fucking fantastic.

A hag threw one of my heroes into a pot and started cooking him during the fight this is my game of the year people.

ShinMaruku

Forget Tifa in SFV we gonna get Lightning.
light3web_400sq.jpg

You pray I'm joking

Tornix

Neutral contains both the Law and Chaos dungeons/bosses, so that's definitely the one to go for. I went through Chaos and Neutral and Neutral definitely feels like the canon route.

I went Chaos so I guess I'll go Neutral. Now I just need to make time. My rpg backlog is preventing me from playing fighters more ;_;

vulva

I've never played ff13 (or really any ff outside of briefly trying like 6, 7 and I think 12?) but Lightning looks cool. What's so bad about her moveset for an SF game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom