• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadWolf

I've never played ff13 (or really any ff outside of briefly trying like 6, 7 and I think 12?) but Lightning looks cool. What's so bad about her moveset for an SF game?

She would be fine. Her arsenal is pretty vast, especially in Lighting Returns, so there would be a lot to choose from. The monk garb for example has her do hurricane kicks all over the place. She also has parries and counter stances.

Her special move Army of One would be great for a super.

The only reason I would say Tifa or Zell would be better picks is because they fight with fists and kicks while Lightning's focus is on the sword.

vulva

She would be fine. Her arsenal is pretty vast, especially in Lighting Returns, so there would be a lot to choose from. The monk garb for example has her do hurricane kicks all over the place. She also has parries and counter stances.

Her special move Army of One would be great for a super.

The only reason I would say Tifa or Zell would be better picks is because they fight with fists and kicks while Lightning focus is on the sword.
Thanks, I appreciate someone explaining this to an outsider like me. I realize I could spend hours trying to learn the ins and outs of the entire series to see why some characters would work better than others, but this is much more appreciated. Because honestly, things like this \/ mean nothing to me.
Tifa is best because Tifa

Thanks, I appreciate someone explaining this to an outsider like me. I realize I could spend hours trying to learn the ins and outs of the entire series to see why some characters would work better than others, but this is much more appreciated. Because honestly, things like this \/ mean nothing to me.
I wasnt making a best character to add to a fighting game remark though, so everything I was getting at is understandable to anyone

God, this made me rock hard. I am so hype for SMTIV Final. I didn't finish SMT IV cause having to do all those dumb mini quests to fill in that chalice annoyed me. I didn't even know where 70% of the places were and didn't bother with all the spawns on the world map so hopefully they included a damn map for once.

They showed a picture of the map actually having location names now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Megaten/comments/3xi12k/location_names_now_displayed_on_world_maps_map_in/

And yeah, I had to use a guide to figure out what sidequests I needed to do to fill the chalice. It was really annoying, but worth it imo.

I only did neutral, best choice

Yup. Two best dungeons and some of the best music in the game towards the end.

I went Chaos so I guess I'll go Neutral. Now I just need to make time. My rpg backlog is preventing me from playing fighters more ;_;

My gaming struggle. Though SFV is life for all of spring.

jerry1594

2016 is notable because it's the first time in a while where 3rd party Japanese devs are putting out a bunch of big titles. Before this it was just Nintendo doing the work for the company, now the rest are finally hitting their stride.. hopefully.
Haven't been following this discussion so do you mean 3rd party devs for nintendo or in general?

BadWolf

No prob.

If SF5 gets an FF guest character it wouldn't be PS exclusive, right? FF games are all over Steam now.

Definitely not I think.

Kumubou

Joystiq has always been a joke, but it took their inability to fish (and to read a mini-map) to really drive this point home for the masses.
I'm not going to lie -- the first time I was playing Nier, I quit at the exact same spot. Didn't go back to it for months after that and I probably never would have if people online didn't prod me into doing it.

The fishing is still ass in that game, though.

cloud is in smash brothers

I hate guest characters, really souring my view of MKX. smash is the only place its ok
I actually like how the guest characters were handled in French Bread's games... so maybe they should be the ones handling it. I can see how it can be problematic though, even if the guest character fits well into the rest of the game as it can cause some rather gnarly licensing issues.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
They showed a picture of the map actually having location names now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Megaten/comments/3xi12k/location_names_now_displayed_on_world_maps_map_in/

And yeah, I had to use a guide to figure out what sidequests I needed to do to fill the chalice. It was really annoying, but worth it imo.

THERE IS A GOD! The soundtrack for that first video you linked me was so fucking good. Ah, I'm reserving this ASAP.

ResidentSleeper Fighter

You wanna scrub it out in SF today? I'm leaving early today from work.

SMT4's OST is arguably the best in the franchise and it sounds like it won't be any different here. Can't wait till this game drops and comes to the west.

I never finished SMT4 depite playing it for 50+ hrs and generally enjoying it. Maybe I'll just get the soundtrack to Final, lol

I never finished SMT4 depite playing it for 50+ hrs and generally enjoying it. Maybe I'll just get the soundtrack to Final, lol

As much as I like it, 4 definitely had some issues. The dungeon quality and difficulty takes a pretty significant nose dive during the middle parts which can hurt the experience. The best stuff is in the neutral ending after filling the chalices where the game starts getting more difficult again and the dungeons are near Nocturne levels of great, though I can't blame anyone for saying its not worth it.

And the new demons in 4 look mostly bad. 4 Final so far looks like its fixing some of these problems, but no one knows for sure.

1:34

Focus attacks!

ShinMaruku

The day Street Fighter gets a Final Fantasy guest character is the day I stop playing all new Capcom fighting games.
light3web_400sq.jpg

Haven't been following this discussion so do you mean 3rd party devs for nintendo or in general?

I think he meant japanese devs in general outside Nintendo(who should have some strong games this year with Zelda, 3D Mario, Pikmin 4). Capcom finally releasing some new games with SFV and RE7(its coming later this year, trust)...with DMC5 in development(believe in itsuno). Platinum got like 3 games schedule for this year including a Nier sequel of all impossible things, Scalebound next year. Ni-Oh from Team Ninja/Tecmo KOEI finally getting off the ground as Ominushua Souls/Ni-Oh. Atlus finally releasing a legit Persona sequel after like 8 years. Sega has the new Yakuza and hopefully a good 25th anniversary Sonic from the Sonic Team they've been working on for a couple years. Square Enix actually releasing Final Fantasy XV after God knows how long. Sony Japan maybe-hopefully-actually releasing The Last Guardian after God knows how long. New Star Ocean, Fire Emblem, new Tales gon be ass but hey. SNK actually escaped the Pachinko vortex to start making KoF again, with plans for SamSho and Metal Slug. New Miyazaki directed Dark Souls on the Bloodborne engine and hopefully a legit PC version.

petghost

Banned
if putting sephiroth in soul calibur makes the series popular again do it up

Soulcalibur seems like such a weird case cuz I remember it having more casual appeal than just about anything and nowadays it seems like nobody gives a shit about it casual or competitive.

notworksafe

Soulcalibur seems like such a weird case cuz I remember it having more casual appeal than just about anything and nowadays it seems like nobody gives a shit about it casual or competitive.

There's nothing to care about anymore. V dropped like a turd in a Starbucks and the F2P single player mess was just that, a mess.

Really bums me out cause I loved 2-4, such good games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom