• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
btw soul calibur as a series has a more consistently amazing soundtrack than any other fighter series

tekken has really good music too

Malice215

Soulcalibur seems like such a weird case cuz I remember it having more casual appeal than just about anything and nowadays it seems like nobody gives a shit about it casual or competitive.

People would once a new game is announced. The last one was 4 years ago.

As much as I disliked Yoda and Vader in Soul Calibur 4, I really loved Starkiller. Thought he was super fun

Yoda was trash, but Vader and Starkiller had a lot of cool stuff. Vader had force chokes and a body slam that I miss.

i've been playing lots of SCII the past few days. game is a blast

Glad you're enjoying it. I wish more people would give it a try.

its a series about ghost pirates and samurai ringing eachother out and the music fits that perfectly
soul calibur is definitely one of the best. Blazblue is my favorite overall, guilty's is always fun to listen to and really sets up their world well. Soul Calibur's I would never bother to listen to outside of the game, but its perfect for its characters and world.

Mortal kombat music is unappreciated, though it isnt all awesome. Capcom hides its music too much outside of character select, so I cant really remember much of it

KI soundtrack is cool
Spinal with the swedish vocals was a treat
oooh, hope I like that soundstrack, ill check it out on PC launch

May's theme is so god damn good. Definitely one of my favorite tracks in the series.
I feel like it'd be cheating to say P4A/P4AU, but damn is the OST crazy good.

I think most of the tracks actually made for those games are pretty forgettable. The few exceptions being tracks like Culprit's theme, Junpei's theme, and Margaret's theme.
KI soundtrack is cool
Spinal with the swedish vocals was a treat

The GOAT

Tornix

Oh crap, I just fell into music wars. I actually like both GG and SC osts, but if I had to make a choice it'd be GG. Just left more of an impact. Now VF series, on the other hand, has some great music.

I think most of the tracks actually made for those games are pretty forgettable. The few exceptions being tracks like Culprit's theme, Junpei's theme, and Margaret's theme.

I also really like Yukiko's and Akihiko's themes and the main theme of the game is incredible, but I will agree that generally most of the songs composed for the game itself aren't as good as the P3/4 music.

Falcom makes such great music and great games in general.

petghost

Banned
I like skullgirls soundtrack. Jazz inspired stuff is way more palatable over long periods of time than the aforementioned Japanese buttrock.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Oh crap, I just fell into music wars. I actually like both GG and SC osts, but if I had to make a choice it'd be GG. Just left more of an impact. Now VF series, on the other hand, has some great music.
vf is why i get up in the morning but some of the soundtracks are a lot weaker than others & 1 and 2's sound like theyre from a completely different series. i can't even order them without separating 1 and 2 entirely

2>1 and 3>FS>5R>4E/FT>5>4

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
She's pretty good in dissidea. Her moves would make perfect sense in sf. Her and Tifa and Zell really. All would fit.

oh man, i forgot how terrible his design was

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom