• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayad

i played MK9 story mode and MKX online/offline and can't remember any music ; A ;
Played every MK fighting game except MKX and the only MK theme I'd recognize is the movie theme. ( ̄へ ̄)

Their sound effects are very memorable though.

Lol video game soundtracks
3306337063_a521e95943.jpg

tbh i used to in high school but these days i listen to boring white people music like built to spill and soul calibur

I learned about this band and many more swapping Skateboarding videos. I remember distinctly watching Spike Jonze's stuff and saying "He should make movies!"

Essay

Eeeeey, Big E is apparently up for giving Vampire Savior at NEC17 a $500 pot bonus if it hits 64 entrants—$1000 for 100! I know where I'll be traveling next fall....
I'd go anyway; the last two have been blasts.

Source

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just found about Kenny Omega being a guest on The Excellent Adventures.
It's friggin' awesome!

Also the dude legit knows about FGs and the FGC.

yes!

my god an entire subclass of hounds and a major gameplay element nullified by out of game communications :C

but it was still fun.

you know CH also got torn by reviewers cause the offline aspect was heavily emphasized and wasn't up to snuff as the online component. we saw the same thing with monster hunter where a lot of reviewers were rough on the 1st MH cause the meat of the game was heavily based on the online component. except MH lucked out by perserverance, and Sega didn;t see much fruit in pushing CH any further.
Exactly. Such a waste.

I don't think the online persistent war was even enabled by the time they had sent out review copies, so SEGA screwed the pooch on that one. Curious how M.A.V. on PC will pan out since it's directly inspired by Chromehounds, but it probably still won't be the same with the prevalence of Skype, Mumble, TeamSpeak et cetera.

KI soundtrack is cool
Spinal with the swedish vocals was a treat
Everything is so far below Cinder's theme it's not even funny.

Not really an answer to your question, but try Open Broadcast Software for local recording if you want more control over screen estate and all that jazz. Isn't too resource intensive with the Nvidia codec.
Thanks for this. It turned out pretty good for fightcade footage. Youtube uploads take FOREVER though. USA internet is still so behind.
that'd be a dope Ibuki for sure

fingers crossed we get brown Alex (start+HK) from the 3S re-release

char_alex_colors.png
start+HP and start+LK are top tier colors. I hope they make it to V.
Better animated than the bb anime
Kyoani BB in the style of Nichijou with godly animation when?
Fang is so out of place. "Just going to hang out here behind Ryu". The rest of the composition is fine compared to that, wow.
The same thing happened with Hsien-Ko. I'm starting to think it's not just a coincidence lol.
Well, that's what happens when you let another company do a better job with your characters than you did.

Also see: Akuma in T7
oof
Actually the way assists work in Nitroplus Blasterz is pick a character, then pick 2 different assists to team with them. This way, like marvel, you can take one character and back them with two assists. Its not a tag game so this is how Nitroplus handled it and their method of balancing assists since you can pick any two is to have very different cooldowns for each one.. Dengeki only let you pick one assist, but the thing most people didn't know about from trailers is that each assist had TWO different moves. A neutral one and one that can be done by hitting a direction and assist. So Dengeki also had two assists on deck, but since you couldn't choose any two you wanted and could only choose one person and the two moves they had you needed to be more strategic in who you chose in case you needed their "plan B" assist.

Fun Fact about N+...YOU CAN HAVE TWO ASSISTS AT THE SAME TIME.

Q91MtOo.gif

N+ is a 5 button fighter L, M, H, escape action, heavy action. Here is a system rundown vid so you can get an idea of how it is

The Heavy Action button stuff like Guard Crushes, Wall splats, and all that is actually not entirely new for EXAMU. Arcana Heart uses much of this. In lieu of the evasive stuff like dodges and air dodging it used a homing dash button, massive screen height, steerable homing dashes, and a shitload of dash cancels and such. In other words, it made you have crazy air mobility instead of dodges in Arcana Heart. I highly recommend the title given you can equip an entire character's worth of specials, supers, ultras, custom xfactors and passive abilities onto any character all balanced via changes to your def/atk. Here is the Arcana Heart 3 Love Max OT as a quick reference to character documentation and Arcanas. Its on steam with region free online matchmaking and its pretty great too.
iYqzEz0.gif
vB4ZrHw.gif

I haven't gotten to play N+ yet and wont for a few more weeks. From what I've seen it seems worth it. Very footsie heavy. I also highly recommend Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition to folks. It really takes off once you get down the rhythm of doing EX and Ranbu a lot to build blast and then using Blast meter to "xfactor" over and over to gain meter and bonuses. Trump cards are also hype. Not as extreme as HD combos, but they let you go crazy out there for a period and every round you lose you gain a trump card back meaning you can go ham in round one and use both trumps, lose and still be good.
Thanks for these writeups. It's always fun looking at these niche games in action. Two assists sounds fun, but I bet I'd quit SG and MvC3 with the swiftness if I had to deal with that sort of pressure lol. Too bad I don't really have anyone to play AH with. What little I've learned is fading away already without application.
I think EDGE is the only publication I respect these days. Consistently good taste in games.

Online, I only pay attention to rpgamer. I used to listen to joystiq, but then they did their MvC3 review...lol.
I recall their Skullgirls review pissing off a lot of people as well.
just saw this on r/kappa and i was stunned by how much of an uncanny resemblance the dude in this pic has to valle lol
Thought that was Ted Cruz for a moment there.
I played a bunch of Third Strike yesterday at work, decided to try something different so I played as Urien and Chun Li instead of Ryu/Q.

Urien is a lot of fun! I don't have the Aegis setups down pat, but using the move is overall super satisfactory. Chun Li made me feel like I had unlimited power in my hands, it was dirty and tempting...
Whenever I play Urien I sorta wish his Aegis reflector were a raging demon input move because I have serious issues using it when facing leftward. I might like Aegis reflector even more than Lei Lei's Tenrai-Ha now that I figured out his headbutt can cross up.
i think i take SF games more personally than any other game i played. like when someone acts like an idiot in 3s i get mad offended. just played a dude who did the same stupid shit every time (like cr. mk into dp without confirming on my wakeup) with no variation and then quit.
My first serious days in 3S a few months ago were terrible. I got nothing but hate left and right for playing like a dumbass.
btw soul calibur as a series has a more consistently amazing soundtrack than any other fighter series

tekken has really good music too
Soulcalibur absolutely has some fantastic music. It straddles the line between over the top epic game music and the movie feel pretty well.
Not everybody unironically likes terrible japanese buttrock
I dunno about buttrock, but the Guilty Gear soundtrack is a treasure of the genre. No ifs, ands or buts about it.
I like skullgirls soundtrack. Jazz inspired stuff is way more palatable over long periods of time than the aforementioned Japanese buttrock.
Vanilla Skullgirls' soundtrack didn't have much of a fighting game sound to it unfortunately. The DLC tracks were better in that regard.
Last Blade 2 arranged is better than that stuff
Last Blade in general has positively A tier music. Some of the best the genre has to ffer.
I don't know what this is referring to but I'm scared
and so is my butthole
Me neither, but I'm going to go ahead and blame it on Trudeau and the Canadian dollar tanking. Canada better bend over and hand all it's maple syrup over to America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom