• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grapplers require so much patience and ability to read your opponent. Ive always wanted to learn how to play a grappler but i just cant get in the right mindset.
Look for the game with the best grapplers or where grapplers fare best and take that first step. I suggest SG or XIII. Grapplers are fun in both. In the former Bella is a particularly well equipped grappler. I probably wouldn't be playing Alex (or 3S because Urien is a fun secondary, but he didn't draw me in like Alex) if I'd never played Bella. It's fitting that Mike Z made the first grappler I could actually play.

Marz

Look for the game with the best grapplers or where grapplers fare best and take that first step. I suggest SG or XIII. Grapplers are fun in both. In the former Bella is a particularly well equipped grappler. I probably wouldn't be playing Alex (or 3S because Urien is a fun secondary, but he didn't draw me in like Alex) if I'd never played Bella. It's fitting that Mike Z made the first grappler I could actually play.

Ok ill have to try out cerebella, i just bought skullgirls the other day.

KOF13 has a ton of grapplers right? Raiden, Daimon, Metal Slug guys, Mature?

KOF13 does have a lot of characters with commamd throws, but I think the dedicated grapplers are Clark, Daimon, Vice and Raiden. Clark and Daimon I think are the easiest grapplers in the game to play. Vice is in the middle, and I'd consider Raiden advanced.

kirblar

Anyone have any Rec's on Ethernet over Powerline adapters? Best Buy has Actiontec's, and there's a 4-adapter version which would work for my needs.

Ok ill have to try out cerebella, i just bought skullgirls the other day.

Feel free to PM me your steam ID if you bought it on PC. It's not a difficult game and Bella is stupid easy for a grappler with so many options, but it helps to have guidance. Once you've dipped your toes in the water a whole archetype just opens up.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Grapplers require so much patience and ability to read your opponent. Ive always wanted to learn how to play a grappler but i just cant get in the right mindset.

ohhhh baby, i love me some grapplers

gonna mika/gief the shit outta people

Grakl

I play a reactionary game but I still love reading the shit out of people, so I picked up Seth and lmao he's so fun

Hey about Square and Street Fighter 5. When the rumor started I asked someone from Capcom about this and he said he had no idea what was going on. So it wouldn't be a surprise if a designer just ripped some Square images and used it without removing the copyright.

And yes I'm telling you this because I'm bored of seeing Shin posting Lightning and I want him to stop.

Hey about Square and Street Fighter 5. When the rumor started I asked someone from Capcom about this and he said he had no idea what was going on. So it wouldn't be a surprise if a designer just ripped some Square images and used it without removing the copyright.

And yes I'm telling you this because I'm bored of seeing Shin posting Lightning and I want him to stop.

Thank you.

Kumubou

I actually think it's a good exercise for anyone, as it pretty much requires you to be able to make some reads and make adjustments depending on how your opponent is acting in a way that may not always happen with other characters.

And if he was to just play the game with the dumbest grapplers, he would end up playing something like Vanguard Princess or Aquapazza (that is, if he ever found someone else to play with). Examu in particular seems to have a tendency for making that archetype really stupid in their games.

Coda

I've never been a huge grappler fan because of the lack of mobility many of them possess. But that's why I'm so excited for R. Mika, she's a grappler but with decent mobility and more unexpected options and tricks.

The only other grappler I really played was Haggar in UMvC3.

Fighting games are hard. That's why I play dota instead even though its shit.
I played DotA2 last week, and I was pretty disappointed by the visuals. Seems like a step down from DotA1 even.

the sound skips :C

but other than that, lots of footsies with rachel
Can you give me a timestamp where the sound skips? I need to fix my sound, I'm not sure what the problem is.

I like this chart

I'm probably a low intermediate to novice still

Just spent the last few hours losing to basically everything on USF4
Thanks! :)

Advanced is the worst if you can't climb those last few feet. You know very well where your weakness lies, but something just doesn't let you reach that summit. Stupid Guard Cancels and Pushblock Guard Cancels. I'd list my 3S deficiencies, but I'm barely intermediate at that.

We have SFxT pre-patch footage for that.
I get to advanced when the idea of when to push what buttons is second nature to me. I have to be able to play all of the character's basics without thinking so I can concentrate on my opponent.

i played him a while back on PSN. Still rocking dante/morrigan but dropped deadpool lol
I've had him on my friends list, but never played.

I can excel as a grappler for a while, but it isn't fun for me at all. I want to do stuff other than blocking.

You guys are getting to the point where you cna join in on our 5 person gaf lobbies. :)
How do DoA5 lobbies work?

No Tifa? :-(

I'm gonna be sad if PC is left out again.
I wouldn't be surprised.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I've never been a huge grappler fan because of the lack of mobility many of them possess. But that's why I'm so excited for R. Mika, she's a grappler but with decent mobility and more unexpected options and tricks.

The only other grappler I really played was Haggar in UMvC3.

i love being a big, lumbering threat but yea playing MIka has been an absolute blast in beta. i don't think i've played an SF grappler quite like her, largely bc of her mobility.

Numb

fuck...

the say celebrities die in threes, and the caliber of bowie and rickman means the next one is going to hit hard...

other celebs at 69
Hillary Clinton, OJ Simpson, Joe Mantegna, Stephen King, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Cindy Williams, Camilla Parker Bowles, Sammy Hager, Meredith Baxter, Betty Buckley, Carlos Santana, Emmylou Harris, Rob Reiner, Paula Deen, Elton John, Michio Kaku.

shaowebb

I actually think it's a good exercise for anyone, as it pretty much requires you to be able to make some reads and make adjustments depending on how your opponent is acting in a way that may not always happen with other characters.

And if he was to just play the game with the dumbest grapplers, he would end up playing something like Vanguard Princess or Aquapazza (that is, if he ever found someone else to play with). Examu in particular seems to have a tendency for making that archetype really stupid in their games.

Metal Arcana Kira in Arcana Heart can be so annoying

For the record, this is what equipping Metal Arcana does for that girl.
l9dWSyL.jpg

This on a character with an air unblockable crouching attack that baits overheads and confirms into anything you want, and unclashable crossup jumpin attack, big range, and big damage. Essentially you'd use Metal to level up her damage repeatedly and to guard her with the shield vs mixups so you could setup more grabs. It makes her fucking insufferable.

Line_HTX

Shin should probably post more Lightning then
he will

I'm okay with this. The only thing I'm not okay with and goes too far was that stupid Telegraph fake interview from yesterday.

alan rickman died :(

This is beyond the worst. Cancer needs to get bodied, instant killed, Crossover Combination, and Vergil Level 4 altogether.

Excellent performance as Severus Snape.

*Pours one out for the great actors

Crocodile

So many with UE4

Savior of the Japanese Video Game Industry fo realz

One of the few exceptions where the game to anime adaptation was better than the source material.

The Gungrave anime should have been shit yet it turned out to be legit awesome. A pretty interesting and fortunate twist <3

CYmGHjdWAAEQUbM.png

Awesome cover

Indeed it is sweet. Though, maybe its just my eyes, there's a weird contrast where Chun-Li looks confident as fuck and Cammy looks like she's trying to hide the shame of her outfit or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom