• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any Rec's on Ethernet over Powerline adapters? Best Buy has Actiontec's, and there's a 4-adapter version which would work for my needs.

I've been using a powerline and it works great. Though depending on how old your house is and how the wiring works in your house, your results may vary, so I'd recommend trying it with multiple outlets.

Xevren

So Ed Boon kinda teasing about GGPO for mkx? Oh my god, anything would be better than what it is now. Tyler Lansdown said we're getting an announcement tomorrow.

shaowebb

Wonder why NRS didn't pay for GGPO in the first place? Is it that expensive?

To my understanding the quote they gave on this awhile back is that GGPO isn't just a dump it into the game and it works thing...especially in 3d. They probably had a lot of variables that were gonna be tricky to optimize it with considering stuff like the rain and reflection all goin on while Raiden had lightning crackling during bad Ping. In other words...probably something that woudl require a good working experience with GGPO and rollback netcode in general to know how to setup properly and likely not something they had anyone who was a fit for. Hell Killer Instinct had to hire Mike Z for it and they're Microsoft. Should be a sign that its not always simple to implement for high end stuff.

God damn it, Boon. You better not be fucking with people.

MKX can be legit a TOP fighting game in the grand spectrum of the FGC, if it has good netcode. Good netcode=more people playing and learning.

God...MKX with GGPO netcode? Or an equivalent?

xfxQP2W.gif

shaowebb

If ggpo is true then great. Does this mean WB supporting mkx longer or is this like a test for future releases?

Honestly, I think the only thing that ever held back MKX was the PC, the Online and lack of classic cast returning. Game was solid and a ton of fun and thats me saying that being stuck on busted PC version. I got like 80 hours in with it chugging along in offline mode like hell on my radeon and still enjoyed it.

Honestly, I think the only thing that ever held back MKX was the PC, the Online and lack of classic cast returning. Game was solid and a ton of fun and thats me saying that being stuck on busted PC version. I got like 80 hours in with it chugging along in offline mode like hell on my radeon and still enjoyed it.
Yeah, I've definitely been interested, but have stayed away because of the netcode issues. I got the PC version for $8, though.

Lame.

jerry1594

To my understanding the quote they gave on this awhile back is that GGPO isn't just a dump it into the game and it works thing...especially in 3d. They probably had a lot of variables that were gonna be tricky to optimize it with considering stuff like the rain and reflection all goin on while Raiden had lightning crackling during bad Ping. In other words...probably something that woudl require a good working experience with GGPO and rollback netcode in general to know how to setup properly and likely not something they had anyone who was a fit for. Hell Killer Instinct had to hire Mike Z for it and they're Microsoft. Should be a sign that its not always simple to implement for high end stuff.
Wish Capcom would hire Mike Z to fix Iron Galaxy's shit

ya'll prolly seen this but espn has an esports section now... how strange.

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/687667175960776709?lang=en

looked at the page and saw zero fighting game coverage so all is as it should be.
I figure fighting games would be the one that might actually be able to catch a little main stream popularity, since they are a lot easier to follow for an outsider than a MOBA. No real surprise that ESPN is just going to go with the already popular shit though

Rhapsody

Banned
I can't stand characters with a bug aesthetic. Same reason I won't play Arakune (aside from his high execution and that, he's perfect for me). Bugs are just gross. :-/

It's too bad Goro isn't even vaguely interesting, since I like his aesthetic.

What if it's something like Q-Bee where they're not really gross?

shaowebb

I can't stand characters with a bug aesthetic. Same reason I won't play Arakune (aside from his high execution and that, he's perfect for me). Bugs are just gross. :-/

It's too bad Goro isn't even vaguely interesting, since I like his aesthetic.

Have I got bad news for you... *trollface*

Line_HTX

ESPN only hired LoL and Dota writers so far. If I had to take a guess, they will likely target the FPS group of CS:GO and COD next and only do FGC stuff for super big events like EVO and Capcom Cup.

It would be awesome if the most hype stuff from them came from Hearthstone, CSGO/COD, and FGC more than MOBAs.

triGiggle

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
everyone should play D'Vorah

i only played a little of modern MK but i found her design fascinating - just the right amount of gross

ya'll prolly seen this but espn has an esports section now... how strange.

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/687667175960776709?lang=en

looked at the page and saw zero fighting game coverage so all is as it should be.

SF V will change that #believe

https://twitter.com/FionnOnFire/status/687676175376723968

While I'll still be primarily covering League, I will also be getting into writing features for Dota2, Street Fighter V, and many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom