• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookiejet

why does d'vorah have boobs? insects don't lactate!

i dont mind, right shin!?

probably to lure human hosts to put her larvae eggs in

gross

Hey about Square and Street Fighter 5. When the rumor started I asked someone from Capcom about this and he said he had no idea what was going on. So it wouldn't be a surprise if a designer just ripped some Square images and used it without removing the copyright.

And yes I'm telling you this because I'm bored of seeing Shin posting Lightning and I want him to stop.

now i'm even MORE convinced that there will be square stuff in sfv

what are u hiding thomasorus

jerry1594

I'll admit I haven't looked at sf5 very closely. Do the character models look close to the renders on the Edge cover? Stages still look like ass but I haven't paid as much attention to the character models to decide for myself

The Light

Any IT people mind telling me the difference between powerline and MoCA adapters with gaming in mind?
Honestly, I think the only thing that ever held back MKX was the PC, the Online and lack of classic cast returning. Game was solid and a ton of fun and thats me saying that being stuck on busted PC version. I got like 80 hours in with it chugging along in offline mode like hell on my radeon and still enjoyed it.

I don't think the lack of classics really hurt the game much. I did not see many complaints about the lack of Stryker, Nightwolf, Sindel and Kabal. What I mainly saw were people wanting the 3 cyborgs back along with Rain and Fujin.

tumblr_inline_nae5ghB7yn1sdelih.png

I actually think it's a good exercise for anyone, as it pretty much requires you to be able to make some reads and make adjustments depending on how your opponent is acting in a way that may not always happen with other characters.

And if he was to just play the game with the dumbest grapplers, he would end up playing something like Vanguard Princess or Aquapazza (that is, if he ever found someone else to play with). Examu in particular seems to have a tendency for making that archetype really stupid in their games.
It's no coincidence that a beastly grappler like Bella cribs some stuff from Kira in AH3. If you've ever played her you know why grappler must be kept in control.
I get to advanced when the idea of when to push what buttons is second nature to me. I have to be able to play all of the character's basics without thinking so I can concentrate on my opponent.
Sounds about right. I can always tell right away when someone is advanced. Third Strike fights in particular are giving me a rough time with all the advanced players knowing their characters to a tee lol. :(
So Ed Boon kinda teasing about GGPO for mkx? Oh my god, anything would be better than what it is now. Tyler Lansdown said we're getting an announcement tomorrow.
You'd think so, but proper application of GGPO takes a lot of work. SG's online didn't really reach it's best state until more than a year after it's launch. Mike worked on the netcode practically every single day after the PC release in particular (lobbies and general bugfixes were also issues). Iron Galaxy and Capcom also had rocky starts with 3SOE and SFxT that initially did a lot of damage to the reputation of rollback netcode. KI seems to be the only game that got it right from the start from what I've heard.
This is the highest quality of bait. Even I'll nibble on it. Do it, Boon.
Does MKX have cross-play?
We haven't even crossed rollback netcode as regular feature yet. Crossplay as a standard will be one of the last great features added to the genre. Can't wait for Capcom to kickstart the movement.
Wish Capcom would hire Mike Z to fix Iron Galaxy's shit
Which "shit" in particular? If we had to hire him for anything I'd send him to ASW so we can get competent GGPO using ports of +R, UNIEL, Melty, Arcana Heart and BB. ASW really has got themselves quite a catalog with potential.
I can't stand characters with a bug aesthetic. Same reason I won't play Arakune (aside from his high execution and that, he's perfect for me). Bugs are just gross. :-/

It's too bad Goro isn't even vaguely interesting, since I like his aesthetic.
Q.Bee is pretty neat and her real eyes are a neat surprise for anyone just hearing about her.
if mxk gets ggpo then what will asw excuse be? both games run on ue3 too.
Their excuse is they don't give a flying fuck what anyone else is doing.

I'm actually surprised that they seem to be doing rollback.Thought that NRS truly didn't give a shit about online at all at this point. Still don't like the game but if it's good, this will actually get me to at least mess around with the game online with some friends.

KI seems to be the only game that got it right from the start from what I've heard.

Didn't KI have really bad desyncs at first?

Also, while my experience with MKX is pretty minimal, doesn't the presence of stuff like teleport attacks diminish the value of D'vorah's pokes?

Precisely so.

No, not really. Almost all the teleports are punishable. Everyone plays footsies and hers are among the best.

Her big weakness is her bad armor.

jerry1594

Which "shit" in particular? If we had to hire him for anything I'd send him to ASW so we can get competent GGPO using ports of +R, UNIEL, Melty, Arcana Heart and BB. ASW really has got themselves quite a catalog with potential.
Third strike online edition and darkstalkers. Third strike is okay but definitely not as good as skullgirls. Also lobbies breaking all the damn time and a few innaccuracies I would trust Mike Z is capable of correcting to bring it up to par with arcade (and since we're talking about stuff that won't happen he should restore the default arcade HUD and stuff, oe looks crap in comparison to the original). Same deal with darkstalkers but it seemed worse from the little I have played online. More skipping which is weird considering it's a cps2 game. Might've just been the other guy's unternet but it's happened with different people. D&D seems fine on pc.

wha...what do you mean... pls dont tell me...
Let's just say the theory or purpose behind her species "eyes" is straight out of an Attenborough documentary. It's a really disturbing design.

Her real eyes are the ones above. The "normal" ones don't actually work. They just help to lure unsuspecting human bait in order to feed the hive.
『Inaba Resident』;192193340 said:
If it did it must not have lasted for very long. Just ask ASW fans and 90% of them probably don't remember that BB's first week online was kinda garbo until the patch.
Third strike online edition and darkstalkers. Third strike is okay but definitely not as good as skullgirls. Also lobbies breaking all the damn time and a few innaccuracies I would trust Mike Z is capable of correcting to bring it up to par with arcade (and since we're talking about stuff that won't happen he should restore the default arcade HUD and stuff, oe looks crap in comparison to the original). Same deal with darkstalkers but it seemed worse from the little I have played online. More skipping which is weird considering it's a cps2 game. Might've just been the other guy's unternet but it's happened with different people. D&D seems fine on pc.
Multi-fight lobbies broke so much in SG and they still do with too many people sometimes. I hope that feature is adopted and perfected by fighters in this generation alongside rollback netcode.

petghost

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;192193340 said:

i remember something about KI having extremely weird desyncs where the 2 players would play completely different matches with different winners even.

i still dont understand whats weird about q-bees eyes...

i remember something about KI having extremely weird desyncs where the 2 players would play completely different matches with different winners even.

i still dont understand whats weird about q-bees eyes...

She has eyes on her hair and she has another pair of normal mammal like eyes. Shit's weird! Which eyes does she see out of?

I'd like to play MKX but the X-ray stuff really grosses me out! I don't like icky overly gross gore! I'd scream while playing! I'd play it if I could enable it but it's a core part of the game's design. The fact that the developers have gone on to say that they did it so they could see what happens inside the attacks, makes it even more gross and psychopathic.

Not my thing!

I'd like to play MKX but the X-ray stuff really grosses me out! I don't like icky overly gross gore! I'd scream while playing! I'd play it if I could enable it but it's a core part of the game's design. The fact that the developers have gone on to say that they did it so they could see what happens inside the attacks, makes it even more gross and psychopathic.

Not my thing!
The fatalities used to just be "cool", but my wife was flat-out upset by some of the ones in MKX. Also, I can't help but laugh at the X-rays, because they're all things like "Hey, I just shot your eyes out and broke your neck...and you still have HP left and are walking around".

The day when Evo is 100% on PC is coming

makes sense since you could ostensibly have console exclusives like KI2013 and SF5 on the same setup, lol

and dem sponsors...
Doubtful. Evo is already set for the systems to be donated.

petghost

Banned
She has eyes on her hair and she has another pair of normal mammal like eyes. Shit's weird! Which eyes does she see out of?

i cant believe it took me this long to see that. its like her human face is a construction to lure in prey i like it.

i still refuse to use the word esports in a non-bitchy way tho.

The fatalities used to just be "cool", but my wife was flat-out upset by some of the ones in MKX. Also, I can't help but laugh at the X-rays, because they're all things like "Hey, I just shot your eyes out and broke your neck...and you still have HP left and are walking around".

I don't want to get upset while playing a fighting game. I don't care how good MKX's mechanics are. Mortal Kombat's gore used to be cartoony and funny. Now it's more realistic and just fucked up. I feel the same way as your wife!

Just watch the Fatalities/Xrays over and over till you become desensitized and think nothing of ultra violence. That's what I did as a kid. It's fine!

mbpm1

Let's just say the theory or purpose behind her species "eyes" is straight out of an Attenborough documentary. It's a really disturbing design.

Her real eyes are the ones above. The "normal" ones don't actually work. They just help to lure unsuspecting human bait in order to feed the hive.

...nope

Just watch the Fatalities/Xrays over and over till you become desensitized and think nothing of ultra violence. That's what I did as a kid. It's fine!
As a child, my father was extremely opposed to me getting Mortal Kombat, but my Mom convinced him (as she always did) that it was okay because I get good grades (wut). It only became problematic when I started drawing people hanging from trees and being gutted in second grade. Then the teacher called home. :-(

Fuck yes. This is my type of violence! Nice and subtle!

Eh. There are much worse ways to go.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Darkstalkers is creepy. The heroine of the series eats people. Thankfully some Darkstalkers are kind and even hilarious.

i love Darkstalkers' art but i've always seen them as generally goofy takes on classic monster designs

i cant believe it took me this long to see that. its like her human face is a construction to lure in prey i like it.

it also answers the "why does she have breasts?" question in a very 'Species' way

So Ed Boon kinda teasing about GGPO for mkx? Oh my god, anything would be better than what it is now. Tyler Lansdown said we're getting an announcement tomorrow.

I'm no game developer but is it even feasible to "throw" rollback netcode at a game that's already developed?

I've read multiple times that, typically you need to design the game with the netcode in mind.

I just think that this will end up like how they implemented the Skullgirls driver for ps3 sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom