• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumubou

8 people in a hotel room? Come on man.
It was the one year Melty Blood was at Evo -- I was trying to help as many people as I could out. Which meant getting costs low as possible for people and cramming them in like I was running a human trafficking ring.

I would never advise anyone doing that under normal circumstances. Nowadays I usually plan for three people (and it always ends up being four as there's some sap who decides to go late who needs a room).

mbpm1

Its how I became the cultured person that I am today. Are you tempted on going to any tournaments? I'm going to Final Round in March. Flight tickets ain't too bad, around 200 bucks and the room is around 500 bucks and we can fit around 8-9 people to split the cost.

BakedYams
"We can fit 8-9 people ;)"
(Today, 05:15 PM)

It would depend on when they were

Also...if we're actually going to have 8-9 people crammed into a room >.>

Also does anyone snore

When skullgirls first got announced it thought it was a Hat/Hair weeaboo fighting game cause all i saw was filia and cerebela at first.

it actually put me off the game for quite a while.

cerebela's character design still irks me to this day.
Bella and Filia are probably two of the weaker designs in the roster. I like Filia's hair animations, but everything else about her is meh and Bella's hat doesn't do her figure any wonders. On the plus side they both have unique silhouettes which is important for recognition and Bella is a dream to play. If Skullgirls 2 happens I hope that Lab Zero mixes the roster up somewhat. Initially people thought SG would be some sort of hat fighter with the name and all the headgear wearing fighters (Filia, Bella and Peacock).
Its how I became the cultured person that I am today. Are you tempted on going to any tournaments? I'm going to Final Round in March. Flight tickets ain't too bad, around 200 bucks and the room is around 500 bucks and we can fit around 8-9 people to split the cost.
The struggle rooms are very real.

I still remember having 8 people staying in my room and then about 40 in the room for casuals during Evo 2010. It was a hell of a time... but there's no way I would do that again. At the very least, I probably would have upgraded to a suite of some kind. I still don't know how the hell we fit that many people (and five setups!) in a single hotel room.
Now we know where the KOF people ar-
It was the one year Melty Blood was at Evo -- I was trying to help as many people as I could out. Which meant getting costs low as possible for people and cramming them in like I was running a human trafficking ring.

I would never advise anyone doing that under normal circumstances. Nowadays I usually plan for three people (and it always ends up being four as there's some sap who decides to go late who needs a room).
dammit

im guessing getting sleep is a no-no with the toilet running constantly with that many people in a room

whats the etiquette on dropping a deuce?

At Evo my preference is myself and one other person in the room. No more.

Not that I ever got much sleep the night before pools anyway. Too nervous.

ShinMaruku

Mankind is such an fascinating species, most interesting this great duality within them, their continual struggle between the dark and light, I've always been interested in how unpredictable the victor can be.

Line_HTX

Oh shit, the PC version is out? That game finally can get some justice of the Dark Arisen and all the pawns.

I remember seeing Maximilian's playthroughs and that game looked pretty fun.

8 or 9 people in a room. good christ, i don't miss those days in the slightest.

Last time I did that was on a college snowboarding trip in CO. The girls took the beds and the doods had to sleep on the floor. Nothing better for the bones than sleeping on the floor.

The FGC struggle is real.

mbpm1

any FGC_Gaf going to be dragon's dogma gaf tomorrow? i need dem pawns...

I succumbed to the temptation and pre-ordered it.

Pre loaded too

Last time I did that was on a college snowboarding trip in CO. The girls took the beds and the doods had to sleep on the floor. Nothing better for the bones than sleeping on the floor.

The FGC struggle is real.

I slept on the floor voluntarily to try to space out the unblockable snoring mixup

I kinda hate sleeping with other people lol

ShinMaruku

If you want to impress people show how good combat is, not what you potentially beat off to :p

If that is what I'd put it would just be the bikini trailer I'd show. I think the combat is well documented and noted. It's threes is kinda like marvel tag in mechanics it's pretty great.

Man, I am glad I am older. Most in my 20s was 5 in a room. Nowadays I prefer a room to myself. And that's what I do, hehe,

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Vulva gets excited when ZTS is posting lol, poor chump doesn't know what he got himself into.

3 to one bed (all the smash 4 players go on that bad so I don't get the disease), 4 on the floor in different areas, and 2 folks on the last bed. Since I book the rooms, I always get dips on bed. Its alright since we always get the biggest room and everyone is hygienic to some extent. Also, with all the alcohol we drink, we don't give a fuck at that point.

8 or 9 people in a room. good christ, i don't miss those days in the slightest.

Hopefully with a good job, it can just be two folks to a room in my future lol

Goodness gracious how can you even think that's acceptable?

Hey man, everyone in the room is a minority except for one guy, we're all used to it. Anyone who has lived anywhere besides a major country knows when their isn't space, we all cram into a room.

Embrace it.

8 people in a hotel room? Come on man.

Poverty life. That's how it is when you don't want to pay more than $150 for staying in a room with someone else.

In a room of 8 or 9, if you have just one snorer, you are fucked.

Last time that happened was at Summer Jam, 8 people to a room. Guy next to me on the bed was snoring so I elbowed him to shut the fuck up in the middle of the night. Granted, all these folks are close friends.

BakedYams
"We can fit 8-9 people ;)"
(Today, 05:15 PM)

It would depend on when they were

Also...if we're actually going to have 8-9 people crammed into a room >.>

Also does anyone snore

Its only me and somebody else at the moment for Final Round. Three other folks are tentative at the moment and have to see how their schedule works out. As long as I don't have a midterm that weekend, I'm good to go so realistically speaking, its look like 5-6 at most to split the cost.

I try to keep it to myself and my gf. Rentahamster can watch though.

Vulva... I thought we were cool man... ;_;

mbpm1

Its only me and somebody else at the moment for Final Round. Three other folks are tentative at the moment and have to see how their schedule works out. As long as I don't have a midterm that weekend, I'm good to go so realistically speaking, its look like 5-6 at most to split the cost.

Hmm, it would be a new experience.

Yams is just going to roll over and squeeze you like a grappler.

He'll hit you with the jumping st rh of Rolento

ShinMaruku

DnALuBE.png

Which one is you mbpm?

vulva

Vulva gets excited when ZTS is posting lol, poor chump doesn't know what he got himself into.

3 to one bed (all the smash 4 players go on that bad so I don't get the disease), 4 on the floor in different areas, and 2 folks on the last bed. Since I book the rooms, I always get dips on bed. Its alright since we always get the biggest room and everyone is hygienic to some extent. Also, with all the alcohol we drink, we don't give a fuck at that point.

Hopefully with a good job, it can just be two folks to a room in my future lol

Hey man, everyone in the room is a minority except for one guy, we're all used to it. Anyone who has lived anywhere besides a major country knows when their isn't space, we all cram into a room.

Embrace it.

Poverty life. That's how it is when you don't want to pay more than $150 for staying in a room with someone else.

Last time that happened was at Summer Jam, 8 people to a room. Guy next to me on the bed was snoring so I elbowed him to shut the fuck up in the middle of the night. Granted, all these folks are close friends.

Vulva... I thought we were cool man... ;_;
:|

ShinMaruku

You guys need family deep in hotel business so you pa a fraction of the price what are you guys doing? I get a kings squite for $200. Up your game man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom