• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been feeling lackluster on Street Fighter 5 but this video compilation is working to renew my interest.

Probably because there are some pretty good people here while most of the media I've seen so far on the game has featured people that didn't seem to know what they were doing which is understandable given that the game is not even out yet. You really need high level play to show off what a fighting game is capable of and why it can be exciting to watch and ultimately learn for yourself when you get your hands on the game.

I can relate. I ran a 70 man PvP guild that was the top guild on servers in multiple games over several years.

I had help at first since I inherited the leadership, but man, it really was a second job.

hey... did the grunts of your guild ever cry "there's nothing to do" and "guild isn't what it used to be" and "we're seriously underpowered, we need gear" , and you busting YOUR ass finding fights/grinds/timed instances/setting up the field for guild fights for them while they sat their ass in the city areas neglecting your own progress ingame?

fun times.....fun times....

Kumubou

didn't notice political gaf using street fighter to represent the latest republican debate

neat
That's pretty solid. The Santorum/Blanka comparison got me good.

Tekken in like 8 bucks in the PSN Store. Tekken is not a game you wanna wait until T7 to just learn.
To be fair, TTT2 asks you to learn two characters and it's pretty damn hard to learn one character as it is. That was one of the things that put me off, to be honest.

You are right though; anyone curious about Tekken could do far worse than TTT2 for $8 (that's less than what the online pass would cost with a used copy).

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
But Yams I swear I gave you a big ol' list and a half of anime and manga
If you want more I can oblige tho :v

I like where this is going.

He didn't see any of them yet. He needs more power

I NEED MORE FLOUR!

Defeated by a mere waifu.....

I've been feeling lackluster on Street Fighter 5 but this video compilation is working to renew my interest.

Probably because there are some pretty good people here while most of the media I've seen so far on the game has featured people that didn't seem to know what they were doing which is understandable given that the game is not even out yet. You really need high level play to show off what a fighting game is capable of and why it can be exciting to watch and ultimately learn for yourself when you get your hands on the game.

This is good level play. What's gonna be a frightening realization is that this game is going to be fair as fair can be. The salt is gonna be real.

Bizazedo

hey... did the grunts of your guild ever cry "there's nothing to do" and "guild isn't what it used to be" and "we're seriously underpowered, we need gear" , and you busting YOUR ass finding fights/grinds/timed instances/setting up the field for guild fights for them while they sat their ass in the city areas neglecting your own progress ingame?

All except the gear part. We came primarily from Ultima Online, so having to show my guildies that they needed to do PvE to get gear in DAoC and WoW (and EQ) was not very welcomed. At all. I had to drag them by their necks through it.

Then the cliques "We're better than X and Y, they're just slowing us down." etc. Gear priority. Not to mention plotting out the Keep invasions in DAoC, holding it for over 4 hours under assault by 150+ (only 30+ of us in the Keep) before sending two bards over the wall to smuggle the Relics to rival guilds in the enemy Alliance to crack their diplomatic ties (since one guild in their Alliance against us had been hoarding the relics prior).

Crazy stuff. Maybe that's why I returned to fighting games and play Dictator lol.

Astarte

yes

I like where this is going.

You're going to have to remind me what I recommended for you that you saw though, or what you're looking for = 3=

Xevren

All except the gear part. We came primarily from Ultima Online, so having to show my guildies that they needed to do PvE to get gear in DAoC and WoW (and EQ) was not very welcomed. At all. I had to drag them by their necks through it.

Then the cliques "We're better than X and Y, they're just slowing us down." etc. Gear priority. Not to mention plotting out the Keep invasions in DAoC, holding it for over 4 hours under assault by 150+ (only 30+ of us in the Keep) before sending two bards over the wall to smuggle the Relics to rival guilds in the enemy Alliance to crack their diplomatic ties (since one guild in their Alliance against us had been hoarding the relics prior).

Crazy stuff. Maybe that's why I returned to fighting games and play Dictator lol.

Man Dark age of Camelot was the best. I stopped really caring about keep stuff when new frontiers launched, largely preferred small scale stuff.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Necalli isn't gonna be that great of a vortex character, more of a rushdown character. I don't consider the two the same side of the coin so take from it what you will. Although, jab, wait a second, into spd is hilariously awesome. Also, I think the closest thing we'll have to a vortex character is Rashid and Cammy and they are very watered down from what we used to see in SF4.

Hell yeah.

Juicebox-senpai! Are you gonna be playing on PS4 or PC? I really wanna go in depth on the meta of the game once it releases to discuss what direction it'll be going in.

You're going to have to remind me what I recommended for you that you saw though, or what you're looking for = 3=

That was a long time ago friend... Something shounen with action in it. Just finish brotherhood and it gave me the biggest smile anime ever has. The ending was perfect.

define fair

You can't do some idiotic thing on wakeup and be safe for it just cause you have meter. Also, footsies are the main tool in the game. I'll be laughing my ass off when I see all the "good" players fall off the charts and become irrelevant year 1 of the game.

vulva

Necalli isn't gonna be that great of a vortex character, more of a rushdown character. I don't consider the two the same side of the coin so take from it what you will. Although, jab, wait a second, into spd is hilariously awesome. Also, I think the closest thing we'll have to a vortex character is Rashid and Cammy and they are very watered down from what we used to see in SF4.

Juicebox-senpai! Are you gonna be playing on PS4 or PC? I really wanna go in depth on the meta of the game once it releases to discuss what direction it'll be going in.

That was a long time ago friend... Something shounen with action in it. Just finish brotherhood and it gave me the biggest smile anime ever has. The ending was perfect.

You can't do some idiotic thing on wakeup and be safe for it just cause you have meter. Also, footsies are the main tool in the game. I'll be laughing my ass off when I see all the "good" players fall off the charts and become irrelevant year 1 of the game.
Random u2 flashbacks tbh.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Random u2 flashbacks tbh.

fH6Qo7i.png

Marz

You really cant do some idiotic thing on wakeup and be safe in SFIV as it is, dont know why people always go on about that.

"this is going to be an honest game. I can't wait these so called new blood top guys to get bopped now that we'll be playing a real honest man's game again" - said before every game

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I don't wanna watch Fairy Tail Astarte ;_;

"this is going to be an honest game. I can't wait these so called new blood top guys to get bopped now that we'll be playing a real honest man's game again" - said before every game

You cut the chase I see. I'm an 09'er so I'm a greenhorn next to a couple of folks here. Granted, SFV will be more honest from all the matches I've seen.

You got someone in mind for this callout b?

Let us know

Just arrogant assholes I know in the FGC.

You got someone in mind for this callout b?

Let us know

i think yams has this ideal that sf5 will make the playing field even more level and that will be the chance to make his mark.

a noble ideal (one that will be crushed as soon as the first broken dlc character comes)

vulva

Is spending all of your resources to reset the situation to neutral idiotic though? Especially in an era where almost every played game has some sort of safe wakeup options?
I guess it's not dumb but then we get into a sliding goal post situation. In ae it was even less idiotic to do that since it only took two bars. In this mindset anything you can make safe is thus not idiotic because you know there's a safety net. At which point does it go from being smart as you can secure yourself and getting away with idiocy without risk?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
i think yams has this ideal that sf5 will make the playing field even more level and that will be the chance to make his mark.

a noble ideal (one that will be crushed as soon as the first broken dlc character comes)

Well I'm tempering my expectations after this talk so I'll just have fun with the game and see where it takes me.

Yams used to play Gief.

But now he plays Rolento

Necalli is my calling.

Village

We have found what we like to call "super vortex's" and during the second wave they addee selectable supers.

AAK

To be fair, TTT2 asks you to learn two characters and it's pretty damn hard to learn one character as it is. That was one of the things that put me off, to be honest.

You are right though; anyone curious about Tekken could do far worse than TTT2 for $8 (that's less than what the online pass would cost with a used copy).

TTT2 has a solo mode.

Rhapsody

Banned
Trying to find what's cheap in a new fighting game's one of my favorite parts. Doesn't need to be end game cheap. Just finding something you think is good and seeing how far you can take it is pretty fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom