• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yams is just going to roll over and squeeze you like a grappler.

Guess maining Necalli, Ryu and Zangief will be the way to go. Kinda sad I didn't bother learning Ken in SF4 cause he's another essential character to learn to understand the game.

Hmm, it would be a new experience.

He'll hit you with the jumping st rh of Rolento

Both are great things in their own right.

At least edit it you nerd.

I got the big ass jacuzzi and the best bidet ever

Lemme get in on that this year!

vulva

img201507161628180ca3j.jpg

EVO 2016 WHEN

you're back! tell me which film school currently teaches about Aliens pls
Syracuse University College of Visual and Perfoming Arts, New York Film Academy, discussed in the summer abroad program when you go to Florance, and is also sometimes gets cited in the semester in LA but it all depends. Are you now going to tell me all of those places suck at teaching film and film theory? Aliens is even referenced multiple times in the first book they have you read on narrative film construction in multiple universities, Into the Woods by John Yorke. Believe whatever you want to about the film, I don't care. I dunno why you are even bothering me with this. Is your ego so huge and you're so pretentious that you can't fathom that the film you don't like that was nominated for 7 Academy Awards and got Weiver nominated for best actress is any good? Seriously do not bother me with this shit again.

Clawww

Syracuse University College of Visual and Perfoming Arts, New York Film Academy, discussed in the summer abroad program when you go to Florance, and is also sometimes gets cited in the semester in LA but it all depends. Are you now going to tell me all of those places suck at teaching film and film theory? Aliens is even referenced multiple times in the first book they have you read on narrative film construction in multiple universities, Into the Woods by John Yorke. Believe whatever you want to about the film, I don't care. I dunno why you are even bothering me with this. Is your ego so huge and you're so pretentious that you can't fathom that the film you don't like that was nominated for 7 Academy Awards and got Weiver nominated for best actress is any good? Seriously do not bother me with this shit again.

incoming popcorn gifs

ShinMaruku

PvP is the only worthwhile endgame. PvE endgames are all grinds.

And it has worlds better pvp than bother even though if you ask me the vast majority pvp in these types of games is ass. Black Desert is on the weak end. BnS and DFO are the closest to fgs. Which is to be expected since their developers are fg players in Korea.

And it has worlds better pvp than bother even though if you ask me the vast majority pvp in these types of games is ass. Black Desert is on the weak end. BnS and DFO are the closest to fgs. Which is to be expected since their developers are fg players in Korea.

i'd be interested in bns pvp if I could actually get past the rest of the game

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

timduncanokthatsenuf.png

Hey man, its alright once you get used to it lol

vulva

Pretty sure Into the Woods discusses Alien and not Aliens as excellent story telling.

I got yelled at for espousing this belief once. Still, I believe it.
Of course, the PvP is hardly worthwhile, too. I'm 100% happy with fighting games. Even playing some training mode DotA2 left me with a "meh" feeling.

pvp is the most exciting, but the most potential for game-quitting drama.
If you say this, you've never raided with a guild that doesn't use DKP.

I've never played an mmo. Never played a Moba either. I think it's partially fear that those games become all encompassing.
They do.

Dahbomb

Competitive PvE end game has potential but any MMO or that type of game that attempts it basically makes it a question of who can play the most because person who plays the most = best gear/exp = strongest against PvE. Pretty much what occurs in games like Diablo 3 and Devilian.

Competitive PvE end game has potential but any MMO or that type of game that attempts it basically makes it a question of who can play the most because person who plays the most = best gear/exp = strongest against PvE. Pretty much what occurs in games like Diablo 3 and Devilian.

By competitive PvE do you mean things like world/server first kills?

I think in many MMOs when you reach the max level you end up not staying around for much longer because the gameplay rewards start to dry up which provide a lot of the impetus for many people to play.

If you strip those out and reduce the game to just the combat (which is 95% of what you do in most MMOs with a PvE focused endgame) then that results in burnout if the developers can't create enough new content in a timely fashion.

I find that a lot of MMOs have lackluster combat mechanics such that they absolutely need other incentives and rewards to hold people to the game all the way to max level. In PvP focused games the content that keeps people coming back comes from other players, since that can always provide a fresh experience versus fighting AI that reacts the same way in every encounter.

i stick to pve content more nowadays cause as the co-leader of a major guild once... the drama and stress that brought was insane. and i made a decision to play videogames for fun, not stress after that.

i ain't about the life of trying to fix the marriage of 40 year olds who got into ingame shit with 14 year old nutcases at 8pm every saturday. no more!

Bizazedo

i stick to pve content more nowadays cause as the co-leader of a major guild once... the drama and stress that brought was insane. and i made a decision to play videogames for fun, not stress after that.

i ain't about the life of trying to fix the marriage of 40 year olds who got into ingame shit with 14 year old nutcases at 8pm every saturday. no more!

I can relate. I ran a 70 man PvP guild that was the top guild on servers in multiple games over several years.

I had help at first since I inherited the leadership, but man, it really was a second job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom