• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think yams has this ideal that sf5 will make the playing field even more level and that will be the chance to make his mark.

a noble ideal (one that will be crushed as soon as the first broken dlc character comes)
Sf5 will expose me since I won't be able to use gimmicks and large hurt boxes to cover my lack of skills in the close range game. I hope this game will teach me.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Miniboss uses Bison.

If you're bad at SFIV, you'll be bad at SFV.

mqunTrN.png
Its true.

Necalling
drizzy-face.png

That's clever.

Miniboss uses Bison.
I use Bison and Sim mostly. I wanted to learn Yang or Elena but the hearthstone/destiny vortex took over my office and friends.

Crouch tech and hard knockdown setups I learned for Sim and Bison were great and the distances of my normals but I feel like that is where I stopped as a player.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Check this out.

Erased

Only 2 episodes so far but it's imo the most interesting show of the season.

The show is very interesting. First episode was great fitting everything into one episode, the second episode didn't reach such a high point as the first one but I think its done on purpose to build the suspense. Its really good so far, I just hope it isn't a whole paradox thing where the killer somehow ends up
being him all along.

Indeed it was.

Mah man

Dahbomb

Got my new surround system hooked up today. Aww shhiieet!!!

Next order of business is to get the ISP people here to get a better connection. Seems like rewiring needs to be done, new cables and shit. Hopefully I get less lag at nights now.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Got my new surround system hooked up today. Aww shhiieet!!!

Next order of business is to get the ISP people here to get a better connection. Seems like rewiring needs to be done, new cables and shit. Hopefully I get less lag at nights now.

Just email google and put up like 200k for google fiber and you'll be set for life in your area.

The show is very interesting. First episode was great fitting everything into one episode, the second episode didn't reach such a high point as the first one but I think its done on purpose to build the suspense. Its really good so far, I just hope it isn't a whole paradox thing where the killer somehow ends up
being him all along.

I haven't read the manga at all so I'm just going off of the anime. It's really good so far and apparently the story's going to get a lot more interesting as it goes on.

That anime looks quite interesting

Watch it.

From what I read the manga is ending at the same time as the show so the anime will end conclusively instead of what normally happens where they leave things on a cliffhanger (with the implication that you should buy the source material to find out what happens next). So luckily we're getting the full package here with no loose ends.

mbpm1

Watch it.

From what I read the manga is ending at the same time as the show so the anime will end conclusively instead of what normally happens where they leave things on a cliffhanger (with the implication that you should buy the source material to find out what happens next). So luckily we're getting the full package here with no loose ends.

how long is a season

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
LMAO wtf @ that dollar amount.

Google has a thing where if you put up the money for the construction for google fiber in your area, you'll get a permanent discount for life when its done. I threw that amount since that's what I remembered when I first heard about this like 3 years ago.

how long is a season

Its gonna be 12 episodes. You should give Dimension W and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu a look too. These are honestly the 3 shows this season to give a look at. The first one has originality that I haven't seen in a while and the second one might not be your cup of tea but the writing is phenomenal, making you relate to the characters and showing how endearing they are.

Its gonna be 12 episodes. You should give Dimension W and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu a look too. These are honestly the 3 shows this season to give a look at. The first one has originality that I haven't seen in a while and the second one might not be your cup of tea but the writing is phenomenal, making you relate to the characters and showing how endearing they are.

I've heard about these two and still need to check them out.

Line_HTX

being him all along.

Mah man

I've yet to check out the 2nd episode, but I can tell Erased is going to be a gem.

Now I'm gonna whiplash you with
Myriad Colors Phantom World
. I hope you like Kirby powers mixed with namedropping philosophers and eye tests, heh heh heh...

mbpm1

Those look good. Second one is probably not what I'm in the mood for but the first one looks solid.

I'm hesitant to jump into something if I can't binge it, but waiting on OPM has helped me gain patience in this

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I've yet to check out the 2nd episode, but I can tell Erased is going to be a gem.

Now I'm gonna whiplash you with
Myriad Colors Phantom World
. I hope you like Kirby powers mixed with namedropping philosophers and eye tests, heh heh heh...

I liked the concept, but the direction of the story is lacking. I can't bring myself to watch the second episode cause the first one was pretty bad. The animation is great but without a purpose in the show, it just falls short to what it could have been. I'll give it 5 episodes to suck me in, if it doesn't, to the dumpster it goes. I got another one if you're interested, Schwarzesmarken. It looks like your run of the mill mech anime but surprisingly enough, it has enough twist and turns that made me watch the entire episode without looking at how much time was left.

Those look good. Second one is probably not what I'm in the mood for but the first one looks solid.

I'm hesitant to jump into something if I can't binge it, but waiting on OPM has helped me gain patience in this

If you've waited on OPM, then you have all the patience you could ever ask for. Give Rokka no Yuusha a go, one of the better anime's from last season. The second anime may not be your cup of tea but I suggest at least giving the first episode a try, just giving the first 10 minutes of the show a try is an injustice to it. That and you have to watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I suggest watching Fullmetal Alchemist too since watching the first one makes you appreciate the second one in such a euphoric way once you reach the point where the first anime left off in a canonical sense. The first one doesn't go by the manga since it was still being written and Brotherhood is a faithful adaptation of the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom