• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Nah, sorry... It's just not for me.

I can enjoy other people's salt, but not his. It's not even that enjoyabe seeing others bodying him.

Marz

I guess it's not dumb but then we get into a sliding goal post situation. In ae it was even less idiotic to do that since it only took two bars. In this mindset anything you can make safe is thus not idiotic because you know there's a safety net. At which point does it go from being smart as you can secure yourself and getting away with idiocy without risk?

I mean sure i get what you're saying, but if i spend 3 bars on a safe reversal, that was baited and blocked...thats a severe blow to my neutral game. Thats 3 ex moves, no access to super, if i get knocked down again im free to safejumps etc. So its not without risk. People complain about backdashes but you've gained valuable screen position...which is super important in SF. Im not a fan of ultras or anything but i dont ever see people complaining about safe dps in Guilty Gear or BB in this thread and in those games you have to worry about even more wakeup options.

I just dont agree with this notion that IV is some scrub friendly game or that you need to know OS magic to even hit people. Their seems to be a common opinion in this thread and a lot of places on the internet that how people play online is how intermediate and high level gameplay plays out in IV. People that suck go online and get destroyed because SF has a large playerbase with a ton of players and then they come online and trash IV, majority of those people suck anyways and they're going to suck no matter how stripped down and back to basics SF gets.

This isnt the 90's anymore fighting games have evolved on offense and defense.

mbpm1

LTG, and people like him, are things I got bored with around the first time the "This is how you don't play games" video for DSP came out.

Line_HTX

LTG, and people like him, are things I got bored with around the first time the "This is how you don't play games" video for DSP came out.

Yes, thank you. After the set with Viscant I was totally done with him and his schtick.

He's simply no fun and it's better to just ignore his attempts at getting attention.

Zissou

I try not to expect a throw. I'm thinking maybe they'll throw a medium punch or othee type of moves

huh? (at the bolded)

why not backdash? why not crouch tech?

also, on the anti-air thing- if you can't anti-air consistently, you aren't even getting to the meat of the game (the ground game). should be more concerned about that than people throwing you

Wallach

I wonder who would be top player in the world if throws were banned? Daigo does throw alot

This seems like asking who the best bowler would be if bumpers were allowed. I don't think anyone wants the recognition of being the only best at something when you change the rules to cover their lack of skill.

This seems like asking who the best bowler would be if bumpers were allowed. I don't think anyone wants the recognition of being the only best at something when you change the rules to cover their lack of skill.
So you think with the bumpers would help get a strike? But what about the angle in which the bowling ball is going through the strike zone is it gonna guarantee taking out all the pins? Including the 9 pin? Probably not ..

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Definitely not Snakeyes and Itabashi.

Calm before the storm I guess. Everybody is just waiting on SFV. Hoping the game has much of an impact as SFIV did.

huh? (at the bolded)

why not backdash? why not crouch tech?

also, on the anti-air thing- if you can't anti-air consistently, you aren't even getting to the meat of the game (the ground game). should be more concerned about that than people throwing you
What I could be doing is anti airing too early. I'll practice more on the back dashing.

Zissou

So you think with the bumpers would help get a strike? But what about the angle in which the bowling ball is going through the strike zone is it gonna guarantee taking out all the pins? Including the 9 pin? Probably not ..

point is you're asking about a meaningless hypothetical. also, if anything, throws will be scarier in sfv (lack of range aside) because of no crouch tech/no strike invincible back dash/etc.

Wallach

I think the bumpers would prevent you from failing a bunch of rolls you should have failed. That is the reason gutters are there.

Remove throws and suddenly there are a bunch of situations you don't get your ass busted where you should have.

Look gutter covers or whatever are there for people that want to throw the stupid ball and watch pings go flying. They don't care about playing properly, just want to see some flashy shit.

I think the bumpers would prevent you from failing a bunch of rolls you should have failed. That is the reason gutters are there.

Remove throws and suddenly there are a bunch of situations you don't get your ass busted where you should have.
If you read the lanes properly you shouldn't be near the gutter. Also at spares go straight at it

So I'm being trained by a certain high level player due to Scrub to Master thread. Can't say who.

My homework until SFV is out to keep playing GG, and to concentrate on doing every Trial in USFIV before SFV comes out. I'm also supposed to go over the entire Footsies Handbook.

So I'm being trained by a certain high level player due to Scrub to Master thread. Can't say who.

My homework until SFV is out to keep playing GG, and to concentrate on doing every Trial in USFIV before SFV comes out. I'm also supposed to go over the entire Footsies Handbook.

Most of them are garbage with useless combos, hard links you will not care about in 1 month. Work your footsies instead.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
With the fact for some of them you have to know shortcuts to even do them which a new player would have no clue about. I really hope they got rid of shortcuts in SFV. That was one of my pet peeves about IV.

CO_Andy

I would say you're better off improving your fundamentals in online matches, cindi.

I'm amazed at how much progress you've made since you started frequenting gaf (which was what, a month ago?). Your enthusiasm makes me pumped up to play SF again.

Neoxon

So now that Pokkén Tournament is confirmed to have local LAN, you guys think the game will have a competitive future?

I would say you're better off improving your fundamentals in online matches, cindi.

I'm amazed at how much progress you've made since you started frequenting gaf (which was what, a month ago?). Your enthusiasm makes me pumped up to play SF again.

I'm doing that too. Went from 100 PP to 800 PP tonight. Plan on hitting 1000 this weekend.

People say I've improved but it doesn't feel like I've improved that much.

SF4 online is pretty dishonest thanks to the latency. You're better off not thinking about winning or losing and just focus on training something, like reading player habits.

SF5 online is a lot better thankfully as they removed most of the things people loved mashing (2 frame SPDs, 3 frame throws, 90% of characters having invincible wakeup options) so the game itself manages to be much more honest without being dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom