• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

NPwk7eV.gif

LMAO

Congrats, Seattle. Y'all made it!

aaaAAAaaa!

I love how they call it FGC. Call it street fighter and be done with it. If not for SF they'd not bat an eye.

I like this better. This way it feels like games other than SF also get an exposure.

;P

Dahbomb

The FGH calendar just got a lot easier to maintain.

Do you not see Genesis 3 up there?
It's basically FGC (aka SFV) and Smash. They are separated in there.

So Genesis isn't a FGC event, it's a Smash event.

So basically Smash isn't a real fighter anymore... back to being competitive action platformer.

Shouta

That Tokido interview was pretty good. It's specifically targeted towards students taking exams so having him be one of the folks that get interviewed was a great idea.

I knew he was into hard sciences in college didn't know he was into Biomaterial Engineering, lol. That's legit.

pixelish

saw the revenant last night and seeing the assassin in like 3hrs :)
hope you'll enjoy it as much as vulva.
i know i didn't.

since i'm off topic now, i also saw the big short earlier today and thought it was okay. weird directing and editing choices and i think they dumb it down a bit too much but the acting and writing were oscar-worthy.

Those entry numbers at Genesis(and for big Smash tourneys in general) is just absurd. I'm still blown away by the numbers those games put up at their majors. I doubt we'll see SFV pull off anything close to that at our equivalent events. It wouldn't surprise me if SFV at EVO hits 3k, but my fear is that majors will hardly do any better than they did in the SF4 era.

FR was the biggest outside of EVO last year and it's the first major at bat with SFV and the CPT. USF4 close to 500 last year. I hope SFV can sky rocket things to a new level. Something like 800 would truly be telling that we've experienced a new and hopefully sustaining growth in the community in the years to come.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
ohh this means Red Bull Kumite may be big this year, which would lead to them making some actual RB SF V merch...

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
What have I caused, I take back everything I said. Just play the damn games and DP whenever the fuck you want people.

Definitely not Snakeyes and Itabashi.

Calm before the storm I guess. Everybody is just waiting on SFV. Hoping the game has much of an impact as SFIV did.

It won't have as much impact in my opinion. SF4 came during a time people were hungry for a new fighting games cause of the dark ages. SFV is coming out during a time that if people don't like one fighting game, they can try out another since there are vibrant scenes for quite a couple of games now.

So.

I'm playing guys I used to think were high level when iI first started out.

Now I think they're intermediate and aren't as good as I thought.

Why you gotta be trash talking me like that Cindy ;_;

I pondered about what I should do with my life. I then found out that a weaker fighting game player than me turned into a pro gamer. At that time, pro gamers were just starting to bloom. I thought that was "unforgivable". As I struggled and struggled thinking about what I should do, I took one big step in a completely different route to be a worldwide pro-gamer.

tumblr_m82zewXcAh1rn95k2o1_500.gif

AHAHAHAHA.

Why you gotta be trash talking me like that Cindy ;_;

I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about guys I played with before coming to gaf.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Syracuse University College of Visual and Perfoming Arts, New York Film Academy, discussed in the summer abroad program when you go to Florance, and is also sometimes gets cited in the semester in LA but it all depends. Are you now going to tell me all of those places suck at teaching film and film theory? Aliens is even referenced multiple times in the first book they have you read on narrative film construction in multiple universities, Into the Woods by John Yorke. Believe whatever you want to about the film, I don't care. I dunno why you are even bothering me with this. Is your ego so huge and you're so pretentious that you can't fathom that the film you don't like that was nominated for 7 Academy Awards and got Weiver nominated for best actress is any good? Seriously do not bother me with this shit again.

Really glad ZTS was let back after being permed twice. Totally worth it.

ShinMaruku

Do you not see Genesis 3 up there?
Exactly Smash in it's own tier like sf5 is, drop the pretense of it being multiple scenes it's a bunch of monogamers.

once SF V drops they'll start dropping the pretense
They won't I feel this is some cynical ploy
LMAO

I like this better. This way it feels like games other than SF also get an exposure.

;P
It will feel but it won't be drop those other games numbers remain the same, only way I feel some people view it as a cynical bid that sf can't stand on it's own so it will use the meager numbers of other games to inflate the event.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm glad I'm not a bad player in your eyes Cindy lol also what Tokido said, that's what I legitimately felt when I saw players winning that I would normally beat free.

Also, I wanna the very best that no one ever was.

I'm glad I'm not a bad player in your eyes Cindy lol also what Tokido said, that's what I legitimately felt when I saw players winning that I would normally beat free.

Also, I wanna the very best that no one ever was.

I didn't say these people were bad players. That would arrogant and disrespectful. But I don't think they're high level anymore. I'm not trying to be arrogant at all, but the way I evaluate players is different. I played a guy that used to massacre me when I first started months ago last night in a game of best of 5. It was 5-1, and he won, but I see so many holes in his game now and I'm going to take advantage of this and keep improving until he's in my dust.

I'd really like to refight Blackule, Yams, and Vulva to show how much I have learned since the last time we fought.

4fHrA7I.gif

ShinMaruku

I want to note that Sailor Chibi Moon is 900 years old. And Chibi Chibi is 60,000 years old and a marvel like game with sailor moon would crack me the fuck up because dark phoenix rises is too apt....

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yo real talk, if I could face Blackule on PC, that would make the world a better place. PS4 online is straight booty cheeks.

tumblr_lbw6vhj26a1qa1id2o1_500.gif

I didn't say these people were bad players. That would arrogant and disrespectful. But I don't think they're high level anymore. I'm not trying to be arrogant at all, but the way I evaluate players is different. I played a guy that used to massacre me when I first started months ago last night in a game of best of 5. It was 5-1, and he won, but I see so many holes in his game now and I'm going to take advantage of this and keep improving until he's in my dust.

I'd really like to refight Blackule, Yams, and Vulva to show how much I have learned since the last time we fought.

I'm always down for some matches. Don't get discouraged though, we all have days like that and if you've seen how I first started training under Vulva... Holy hell, I'm surprised I haven't quit the game yet.

I'm always down for some matches. Don't get discouraged though, we all have days like that and if you've seen how I first started training under Vulva... Holy hell, I'm surprised I haven't quit the game yet.

Huh? I'm not sure why you'd take that as a bad day. It was a good day, because it showed how much I've progressed. I used to not be able to win a single fight against him. Now our fights are magic pixel close.

Redx508

New PCB coming out just in time for SFV
is funny that they announce this after i get the ps4 pcb rip

BROOK ANNOUNCES 5 IN 1 UNIVERSAL FIGHTING BOARD

more pics in the srk link

- Auto-Detects PS3, PS4, XBOX360, XBOXONE, & PC (XINPUT)
- No 8-Minute Time-Out on PS4

- Screw Terminals for easy wiring and installation
- Updatable Firmware via USB
- Stick can be mapped to DP, LS, RS
- SOCD Cleaner
- TP Key, L3, R3 Buttons Available
- LED functions

Those entry numbers at Genesis(and for big Smash tourneys in general) is just absurd. I'm still blown away by the numbers those games put up at their majors. I doubt we'll see SFV pull off anything close to that at our equivalent events. It wouldn't surprise me if SFV at EVO hits 3k, but my fear is that majors will hardly do any better than they did in the SF4 era.

FR was the biggest outside of EVO last year and it's the first major at bat with SFV and the CPT. USF4 close to 500 last year. I hope SFV can sky rocket things to a new level. Something like 800 would truly be telling that we've experienced a new and hopefully sustaining growth in the community in the years to come.

Biggest outside of EVO for SF4 was Topanga Charity Cup. Although it wasn't a standard tournament, it had almost 1400 players. Kagecchi's Starting Over tournaments had about 400 players twice in Japan as well with like another 256 player tournament or something like that.

The problem is that SF is split off between Japan and the US.

In any case, Smash has their own evo. So they essentially have two evos year round.

I was training under a friend in XRD for a while..I got to the point where I had to ask myself is it was worth it? Did I put enough work in?

answer to both = nope

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I just got a deal of the century.

One large pizza with as much toppings as I want.
16 wings.
2 2 liter anything.

All for $21.

Cindi Mayweather said:
I wanted to get solid at Street Fighter before V came out and now I know it's kind of fruitless. I've clocked about 80 hours since July and I don't think I've improved at all. I'm almost to the point where it's almost no fun anymore because I lose all the time. This didn't use to bother me, because I knew it was a part of getting better, but now I'm just frustrated. I'm highly considering quitting. I don't find it fun anymore.

I know that makes me a scrub.

Marz said:
About 80 hours is literally nothing in 4 months. You need to play more if possible, a lot more.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185137457&postcount=11662

vmpLsQU.png

Never give up!

Exactly Smash in it's own tier like sf5 is, drop the pretense of it being multiple scenes it's a bunch of monogamers.

They won't I feel this is some cynical ploy

It will feel but it won't be drop those other games numbers remain the same, only way I feel some people view it as a cynical bid that sf can't stand on it's own so it will use the meager numbers of other games to inflate the event.
I feel like you have a minor complex about this.

New PCB coming out just in time for SFV
is funny that they announce this after i get the ps4 pcb rip

BROOK ANNOUNCES 5 IN 1 UNIVERSAL FIGHTING BOARD

more pics in the srk link

- Auto-Detects PS3, PS4, XBOX360, XBOXONE, & PC (XINPUT)
- No 8-Minute Time-Out on PS4

- Screw Terminals for easy wiring and installation
- Updatable Firmware via USB
- Stick can be mapped to DP, LS, RS
- SOCD Cleaner
- TP Key, L3, R3 Buttons Available
- LED functions
What's the 8-minute time-out?

I just got a deal of the century.

One large pizza with as much toppings as I want.
16 wings.
2 2 liter anything.

All for $21.
I wish I could get good wing deals.

ShinMaruku

I feel like you have a minor complex about this.
Not a complex I find it hillarious that people actually think there is some community that does not exist outside of certain sub groups. Let us be frank if it were not for sf you think outside of smash any other fighting game would be notable for those folk? When they say "I love fighting games' They mean they love sf and won't try Tekken or GG or any other game. :p

I'm just a deep cynic.

Not a complex I find it hillarious that people actually think there is some community that does not exist outside of certain sub groups. Let us be frank if it were not for sf you think outside of smash any other fighting game would be notable for those folk? When they say "I love fighting games' They mean they love sf and won't try Tekken or GG or any other game. :p

I'm just a deep cynic.

You sure sure sound salty and butthurt. :)

ShinMaruku

You sure sure sound salty and butthurt. :)
If you are implaying that my ideas are driven by lack fo DOA you are sadly mistaken when it had it's esports thing years ago and was on tv and all that jazz. :p

I'm just saying it's an sf thing and people who think the other games at the moment would get in on their own merits is mistaken. They have to do what smash did which thankfully a bunch are and time will tell if those efforts take fruit, but right now the FGC is a misnomer for 90% capcom's games.

I'm just a deep cynic.
Why should people be expected to like multiple games? Or even different subgenres?

get good enough to never lose and you'll never see a fatality.
The earlier titles has blood as an on/off option. There should be a filter option for fatalities.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I lose braincells any time I play with Mes. Remember to block after knockdown because he always wakes up with something. Remember to not do blockstrings because he always mashes things. Basically block or whatever because he likes to press buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom